Shipping food to your hotel??

CWIPPERMAN

<font color=FF99FF>You don't have to be clever and
I was reading one of the "hints" sections of a website (Debs Guide I think) and someone suggested "shipping" a box of food (non-perishable obviously) down there ahead of time with a "hold until xx-xx-xxxx (date) for guest _________. The obvious advantage to this would be having some food there without having to pack it in you luggage. Since there's only two of us, and we're trying to "pack light", this would mean we could get away with a smaller suitcase each.

Here's the question. The date on the "tip" was a couple of years ago.... Has anyone ever tried this, and with the current events going on in the world today.... how receptive would WDW be to having a large box show up with a "hold until" sticker on it?

Thanks in advance.

whozit

Mouseketeer
I called my resort a couple of weeks ago to ask if I could ship a box for pick up on my arrival. The response was "no problem at all". They gave me the address of the resort and asked that I address in the address Attn: Resort Guest {your name here} arrival date mm/dd/yy. I dropped a box off at UPS this morning, I'm leaving in 9 days, so the box should beat me there by about 4 days. I'm assuming there will be no problems, but can't say for sure.

the true maleficent

Earning My Ears
:Pinkbounc Instead of shipping down a box before you go and hope that it arrives when you do, pack a small suitcase of goodies to take with you. Thay will be there when you are and you have an empty suitcace for all the goodies you buy while there. Besides the fact that you can never seem to get everything to fit in the way you packed it to go.

whozit

Mouseketeer
I shipped a box of food down, and planned it so that it was scheduled to arrive 3 days before we did. That way, I was able to check the tracking number and confirm before I left home that it arrived and who signed for it. I figured if it didn't get there on the guaranteed day, they would have a couple of days to locate it. It arrived on schedule, and it had slipped my mind when I was checking in to the resort, but the CM said, "we have a package for you, I'll bring it out for you or we can have bell services deliver it." It worked for me!

Latest posts

DISNEY DINING PROMO CARD OFFER!

The Disney Dining Promo Card is a great way for you to “Stay, Play, and Dine” at Walt Disney World this summer. This offer is available for arrivals from June 25 to September 14, 2023.

Click Here for a No-Obligation Quote!