SHIP OF FOOLS SISTERHOOD - Strong & Healthy in 2005!!!

Hello Sisters!
Nice to get away from those men for a while......even though they can't handle the fact we have our own thread now and they're lurking as I type.

Got a jogging stroller for Christmas!!!!! (sounds sad--but it's what I wanted).
I gained a whopping 50 pounds when pregnant w/ Addison--and even though I am pretty much back to my normal weight--I need to tone. Adding that much weight has made thinks a little more "saggy"!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

My husband got the bike he wanted--so we've committed to 30 min. each morning of him biking with me as I jog w/ Addison in the stroller. I am also going to bring that stroller on the cruise to speed walk/jog combo each a.m.

My weakness is chocolate--dark chocolate! And starchy carbs. But when I cut the starchy carbs out--I lose any bloated feeling!

Need to work on my water intake--I've always been not to great w/ that! I'll definitely make a concerted effort to tackle this!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!
Girls Rule.

Coor's Beer counts as water. It is made of "Mountain Spring Water" and American beer is so weak that it may as be water so rather than Milkshakes go for the Coor's Lite.
Happy to help.

Cheers,
Grumbo ;)

Grumbo said:
Coor's Beer counts as water. It is made of "Mountain Spring Water" and American beer is so weak that it may as be water so rather than Milkshakes go for the Coor's Lite.
Happy to help.

Cheers,
Grumbo ;)

VERY FUNNY!

Better be careful or we'll throw you overboard along with Mark!

Scratch
pirate:

PS I have started using bottled water that way I can keep track of how much I'm drinking. I'm doing three bottles a day and going to work my way up to three sports bottles once the bathroom breaks get under control!LOL

Is there anyway we can restrict and have unlawful entry to some of them from coming here????

Bmwdsny said:
Is there anyway we can restrict and have unlawful entry to some of them from coming here????

Unfortunately, no but remember.............

Payback is a "Witch"! puckerup:

Scratch
pirate:

YrMajesty3 said:
Hello Ladies,
To BMWDSNY, I am the same person with the 3 girls on the penpal list that you wondered about on the other thread. We don't get to hang out much on a computer which is why you and your DD didn't hear from me and mine.
I hope to run into you and all the other regulars at the dismeet in Allentown. Should be great fun.

Don't worry..Brianne doesn't get on too much either..The girls would chat more as it gets closer to the cruise in the summertime. Are you bringing your whole family to the dismeet??

Stratch42 said:
Originally Posted by Bmwdsny

Unfortunately, no but remember.............

Payback is a "Witch"!

Scratch

Now that is somthing i'll look forward to...:teeth:

Hi all, Not a very good day today... :blush: I had great intentions (even drank most of my water bottle on the way to work) but didn't have ANY during the day. For once, the cleaning staff in our building was efficient - they threw away the empty water bottle I left on my desk for refilling from the water cooler!

The "substitutes" were several cups of tea and a sugar-free, non-fat hazelnut latte from Starbucks! :earseek: (I was stuck covering in the office at lunch, and a colleague made a Starbucks run for the group :blush: )

I'll really try harder tomorrow ...

Arlene

I was just going to check in here! 4 days in a row of exercise and water!! WW meeting tomorrow unless the snow cancels us. I'll post tomorrow night what the topic is that we discuss. I think I may be down some tomorrow.

I think the guys are lurking over here so they can get some tips for weight loss before the cruise. They won't admit it though! Why else would Izzy be posting on the main board that we're slipping to page 2?

Keep up the good work everyone!

Tracy

Hi everyone,

You all have been doing great! Don't worry is you are not "perfect". Just try again tomorrow. It's OK to have some of the good stuff here and there to satisfy yourselves.

OBTW, WELCOME BACK to JANET!!!

Tracy, you seem to be doing great with exercising! KUDOS to you!

Good night all! Nice to be on the pacific coast, but I'm always the last to post. :)

Barbara (BTW, I feel more energetic this week with all the water, and my skin looks better. Also, my wedding rings are way looser. Must be working!)

mississaugamom said:
:flower1: Hope everyone is having a good day today!

Arlene

With Tax Time Lurking, no! :earseek:

I only managed 1.5 bottles of water at work!

Went to Costco last night and bought the 1.5 Litre bottles to keep at work! Wonder if I can move my computer into the bathroom for a while!LOL

Hope everybody has a better day today!

Scratch
pirate:

OH, i failed miserably today!! All i did was pick pick pick!! :guilty: :guilty:
NO water either!! :guilty: My bad!!!

will try harder!! :rolleyes:

It's not too late, have some water now!

I lost 1.4 this week! We talked about Winning Outcomes today at the WW meeting. This could apply to any weight loss plan or anything in life as well.

In order to accomplish any goal, you need to have a plan of action. There are four steps to creating a "winning outcome". This first thing you have to do is state your goal in the positive. Don't say "I won't eat ice cream anymore". Instead say "I will eat lower fat snacks" or "I will treat myself to ice cream once a month". Second you need to be specific. If your goal is to lose weight, you can't say "I want to lose weight". You should say how much or a specific amount (like I will fit into that red dress or I will lose 10 pounds). You should also say how you will do it, specifically. Third, your plan has to be something in your control. You can't say "I won't be in a speeding vehicle ever" if the person who you carpool with speeds. You can't control that. Same goes with weight loss. If it's something that's out of your control, you will never be able to full succeed. Finally, it needs to be something you can live with. Every habit that you have is there because it gives you back something good. Whether or not it's a good habit, it does something for you. If losing weight is going to cause you more problems than you can deal with (examples give were if you won't be able to deal with comments from people saying you look good, being watched by the opposite sex, etc., weight loss may not be something you can handle).

I set my goal to be at goal weight (down an additional 12.6 pounds) by May 26. I will work out at least 5 days a week, drink at least 6 glasses of water a day and limit my "treats". I say "treats" because they really aren't bad treats, but if I eat too much of them, they will become bad :blush:

One thing that alot of people in our WW group say is that the group setting really helps them. Our leader says if you have a bad week, you really need the group to help you out; if you have a good week, the group really needs you. I'm hoping this group will help me get to where I need to be :flower:

Have a great day tomorrow! Drink up!!

Why are you girls having so much trouble keeping on your diets?? Can it be temptation??
ch_bing.jpg

p4314B.jpg

Mark!

Prepare to Suffer the Consequences of Your Actions!

Just remember, when you least expect it...........HAHAHAHAHAHA~

Scratch

Ok I have been trying with the water, broken down the way you stated it seems very manageable.

I also tried the TV in the basement. And it worked! I just could not sit on the couch with the ellipitcal machine right there. Only 15 minutes, but that is a start.

So I am taking the big leap and publically stating my goal. My goal is to fit well in my formal clothes by Aug 1st. This means I need to lose 15 lbs or 20 inches total from hips waist thighs and bust. I intend to do this by weight training 30 min twice a week and aerobic training for 30 min three times a week at least until I have established the habit.

Thanks Tracy!! I hear you! I just have a very bad weakness for food. I am just glad i don't smoke or drink..I don't need another nasty habit!

Yourmajesty3: Just ignore Mark!! It is not Sandra, she is a dear! I just don't know what she sees in her husband!! LOL!!

Mark: OUT!!

Mark, that was just MEAN!!!! Don't you know about the post-holiday seefood diet? See food, want to eat food!!!

Well, I'm happy to report a better day yesterday in the water department. I managed them all! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'm also happy to report that the Holiday weight-gain was just a temporary aberration and has all dropped off the scales. :D I'm back to the same point as December 1 and will only get better from here!

Tracy, thanks for the WW meeting recap for us. There are some valuable points to consider there.

Have a great day, Sisters.

Arlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter