ship ahead!

hooksenemy

Mouseketeer
I am considering shipping ahead a box of snacks for the room and was wondering if anyone has ever done this? On our cruise meet thread someone is shipping a box and has the address and everything, it is an awesome idea but I have never heard about it in all the years I have been lurking the boards, I have heard about shipping to hotels before but not the cruise.

Can anyone let me know.

thanks,
Carolyn

There have been many posts about people successfully doing this. The shipping info is listed on the FAQ thread. :)

I saw it on the FAQ info however it is for shipping to crew - seemed a little weird to ship to empty room - how far in advance can they receive it?

Is it to late to send for next saturday (5/13)?

No, it is a seperate link before the crew address. :) HTH! Lots of people have given their input on the experience too.

What do I do if I want to ship a package ahead of time? Address to mail package to be delivered in your stateroom on DCL

hooksenemy said:
I am considering shipping ahead a box of snacks for the room and was wondering if anyone has ever done this?
Why :confused: Have you ever heard of anyone going hungry on a cruise ship :rotfl2: Argh ... thar's food to be had everywhere!! pirate: Up on deck 9 the Plutos and Pinocchio's (one of these day's I'll learn how to spell that name:) ) are open almost ALL day long. Then there's room service.

OK I can see sending some candy or something like that, because you have to pay for that onboard --- but I can't actually see myself eating it. I'm a BIG guy and I have trouble eating 3 meals a day onboard. I will eat the embarkation buffet lunch but then lunch almost never gets eaten again - breakfast and dinner (late seating) is about all I can "stomach" - OK I will get a late afternoon snack - like one piece of pizza or one chicken strip.

Jrabbit: My thoughts exactly: WHY???? the only reason I can think of is if one is on a very limited (medical) diet i.e. gluten free or milk free & they were concerned that they might have difficulties especially outside the Dining rooms (where they try to accommodate as best they can).

CGC33A said:
Jrabbit: My thoughts exactly: WHY???? the only reason I can think of is if one is on a very limited (medical) diet i.e. gluten free or milk free & they were concerned that they might have difficulties especially outside the Dining rooms (where they try to accommodate as best they can).

Well, sometimes ya just gotta have a Pepsi
:cheer2:

We shipped ahead..but it was gifts for the other dis'ers. Worked out great.

As far as shipping snacks ahead..unless you really can't do without something, paying for them on the ship is just as easy and these days with the cost of shipping so high I can't believe it would be cheaper to ship than just purchase on the ship.

webray said:
We shipped ahead..but it was gifts for the other dis'ers. Worked out great.

As far as shipping snacks ahead..unless you really can't do without something, paying for them on the ship is just as easy and these days with the cost of shipping so high I can't believe it would be cheaper to ship than just purchase on the ship.

Well, sometimes ya just gotta have a Pepsi.....
echo, echo, echo....
:confused3

So many opinions but no real answers to my questions :confused3

I know there is plenty of food onboard, I know where it is located also - I would however like to ship some special treats for my kids as well as BOOST HIGH CALORIE drinks for my undernourished 9 year old, I would like to send some individually bagged treats for our shore excursions lets see, i think I answered all the questions - NOW to get back to my questions -

Do you know anyone or have you yourself done it?
how far in advance can I ship? and one more,
when should I expect it to be delivered to our cabin?

I am considering having Shirley include the BOOST in his basket that way I won't have to ship that since it is quite heavy he drinks 2/day (on a good day!)

I guess thats it.

If

hooksenemy said:
So many opinions but no real answers to my questions :confused3

Do you know anyone or have you yourself done it?
how far in advance can I ship? and one more,
when should I expect it to be delivered to our cabin?

I'm sorry, but did you actually read thru the thread that is linked in the FAQ thread for this topic?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=939587&page=1&pp=15&highlight=address

The first page has answers to your 1st & 3rd questions in posts #2, 3, 5, 6, & 15. Post #11 has the answer to question #2 with a phone number and name to contact at DCL's warehouse.

I totally understand wanting to have easy snacks for the kids to take off the ship. If we didn't drive & have room in the car for the juice boxes & snacks, we would mail them off to the ship as well. :) Also, kid favorites like gold fish, teddy grahams, etc are not found on the ship. I have one picky eater & it is so much easier to bring what he likes with us. :)

We shipped a box of magazines and books in advance of the Panama Canal repositioning cruises. At the time, I recall they wanted the packages at least one week in advance. The package was hand delivered once we were onboard. We had some small bills on hand to tip.

Woody

Thanks everyone, as you can see I am trying to work out last minute details and becoming quite nervous I reread my last post and it comes across as short and it was not at all intended to be :guilty: My apologies :love:

Since the shipping option was new to me I wanted to investigate. Looks like we won't have time to do it anyways, we leave a week from Sat. and there is no way I can get it, pack it and ship it in 1 day so I will be hauling it down there in a suitcase :sad2:

So back to packing and scheming what I am bringing onboard for my oldest son - I can only watch him eat pizza for so many meals before I go out of my mind :crazy: The BOOSTS have certainly made me better, as least I know he is getting 450 calories a day though still loaded with sugar it is better than no food or lollipops which are his choices for intake (I could only wish to have an aversion to food like him)

Thanks again,
Carolyn

hooksenemy - I am sending a box of things to the ship. We are on the May 14th Wonder. They told me it only has to be there 24 hrs ahead of sailing. The address is:Disney Cruise Lines, 9001 Marlin Street, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. On a separate label on the box put the following: Stateroom #, Name, Wonder or Magic, Date of Sail, # of Boxes. The girl I talked to said they are sent directly to housekeeping and delivered to your room. I don't know when you are sailing, but you should have time.

Just another idea if the shipping doesn't look like a viable option...
Is there a Walmart or grocery store near the port that might have the BOOST??? If you are driving, or renting a car it might work???? Good luck!

Sending pixie dust to help! :tink:

hooksenemy said:
Thanks everyone, as you can see I am trying to work out last minute details and becoming quite nervous I reread my last post and it comes across as short and it was not at all intended to be :guilty: My apologies :love:

Since the shipping option was new to me I wanted to investigate. Looks like we won't have time to do it anyways, we leave a week from Sat. and there is no way I can get it, pack it and ship it in 1 day so I will be hauling it down there in a suitcase :sad2:

So back to packing and scheming what I am bringing onboard for my oldest son - I can only watch him eat pizza for so many meals before I go out of my mind :crazy: The BOOSTS have certainly made me better, as least I know he is getting 450 calories a day though still loaded with sugar it is better than no food or lollipops which are his choices for intake (I could only wish to have an aversion to food like him)

Thanks again,
Carolyn

So, you're coming in on Saturday? We're coming in on Friday night and I plan a Publix run. Do you want me to pick up the Boost for you?

Does your DS like Carnation Instant Breakfasts (the drink)? Lots of nutrition there, lots of flavors (original and sugar free varieties) & the best part is that it is a powder (lightweight and packable). Milk is available at the Drink Station on Deck 9 24 hours a day (and in cartons from the dining rooms-to have a sealed container in case you wanted to take it off the ship). Ice cream is also very available to mix with it to make a nutrient dense milkshake (lots of sugar but it's hard to avoid) . Ensure bars are also an option. My DS liked those when he wouldn't eat hardly anything.

Jodi - we are arriving on Thursday night, I think I can stop off at the grocery store but we don't land until 8:30 or so and by the time we get up near the store it may be closed! Thanks so much for the offer, I will be able to figure it out, i was just trying to be as organized as possible.

As far as Carnation Instant goes, he says it is gritty unless blended in a blender so therefore he refuses to drink it - we have fought the food battle since he was 18 months old and just decided he didn't really like food :confused3 who doesn't like food! I can't believe he is ours, his brother eats everything!

Oh well back to packing.

hooksenemy said:
I am considering shipping ahead a box of snacks for the room and was wondering if anyone has ever done this? On our cruise meet thread someone is shipping a box and has the address and everything, it is an awesome idea but I have never heard about it in all the years I have been lurking the boards, I have heard about shipping to hotels before but not the cruise.

Can anyone let me know.

thanks,
Carolyn

Hunger was never a problem for us. We had a late seating so I made it a point to get my 5 year old a little something from Beach Blanket Buffet if it was open or some chicken tenders or something like that from Pluto's Dog House by the Mickie pool otherwise.

When we returned from Castaway Cay, we immediately called room service for a cheese tray and a slice of pizza from my son. It arrived within 20 minutes which worked out very nicely.

The only thing we brough on board with us was a couple of sodas and a 6 pack of liter water bottles which we rotated into the fridge. I expected the tap water to be undrinkable as it's been on every other cruise line. Boy was I wrong, it tasted fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter