Shhhh... Unique viewing for PTN

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by twitch, Jun 13, 2018.

1. twitch

twitch DIS Veteran

I might not do this with small kids... or if I’d never seen PTN before.

But... last night we had a neat viewing spot that we stumbled onto. It provided a unique perspective on the parade, especially the larger floats that can be overwhelming when you’re right underneath them. The spot doesn’t give you perfect views of the walking characters or the smaller floats... but the wide angle perspective gives you a chance to see all the video and lights on Monsters Inc, Beauty and the Beast, and Mack. (You know how when you go to an art museum you sometimes have to take a step backward to really appreciate the artwork?) Additionally, chairs and a table made it really nice!

We went to Pacific Wharf Cafe, got supper, and found a table waterside. (If you turn right immediately upon exiting the pickup door, there’s space between the restaurant and the water.) We got there about an hour before the parade, took our time eating, and stayed put once we had eaten. There are about 5 tables there, and even the back row had really good views. The audio doesn’t overlay perfect (the delay from the previous zone doesn’t sync with your zone), but once the parade actually starts, the volume is sufficient to mitigate most of the problems.

Anyway... if you’ve never watched PTN from a distance, it’s probably worth it. It provides a very different perspective on the parade.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. DizneyMommy

DizneyMommy Every Day is Disneyland Day!

Oooh I love it! Just like my secret WOC spot that isn’t perfect but no one is around for miles lol. I actually would try this with our kids. More room to wiggle and still see the floats. They’d be good with that. We’ve watched parades from Plaza Inn or Carnation Cafe many times.

twitch likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

This might be a good spot for families with kids who are sensitive to the strobe lights. I know when PTN was in DL, some families would try to watch from the far back tables at Jolly Holiday because being closer to the strobes could send the kids into seizures. This spot at Pacific Wharf might be far enough back to work well in such cases. If someone reading knows of a family in this situation, spread the word that this might work!

twitch and gottalovepluto like this.
  5. twitch

twitch DIS Veteran

I can’t speak to that, but if the back of Jolly Holiday works, I would think this would work even better. Good thought!

6. ktlm

ktlm DIS Veteran

Hey-- that was our secret Pixar Parade spot when it was at CA! :laughing:

agamble, DizneyMommy and twitch like this.
  7. agamble

agamble DIS Veteran

So where do you watch WOC from with a distant view and no crowds?

8. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Does it matter to you if the show is backwards or sort of sideways? Or do you have to see everything from the front? ;)

B3rlingirl likes this.
  9. DizneyMommy

Under Silly Symphony Swings. There is even a bench there! We drag it a little and sit right up to the railing. You’ll see it backwards but there aren’t any words so it really doesn’t bother us. And you can see through water so you can see the fire effects just fine. My kids love to watch down there, we can all SEE! Usually we are the only ones.

And when it is over we can saunter our way out without being in a crushing pushing herd.

10. DizneyMommy

You do get a little wetter down there if it is windy. It is right on the water.

B3rlingirl likes this.
  11. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

I may try this! I wasn’t impressed with it on main st.

12. B3rlingirl

B3rlingirl Mouseketeer

Thank you very much for sharing! :thanks:
    I will definitely try it out as I really like WOC but I really don’t like standing around endlessly even with FP. So this idea is perfect! ( I have just always assumed that this area is closed during the show...)

13. DizneyMommy

You do have to get there a little early, before they start pushing crowds out because WOC is after park closing. I’ve never once been ask to leave though!

kyrkea333 likes this.
  14. B3rlingirl

B3rlingirl Mouseketeer

Good to know! it is definitely worth a try...

15. agamble

agamble DIS Veteran

I thought that might be your secret spot. Maybe we'll try that next time. Our trip just ended and we don't currently have plans to return.