Shhhh! Mickey's Twying to Sweep, be Quiet! - A July '11 Anniversary TR - Update 12/24

Good thing, you guys got moving back to BLT, Joaquin was definitely not going to last for longer. And I love the view from the Monorail station too, you can basically see the main part of the Contemporary perfectly, oh and Chef Mickey's :thumbsup2

Awwww... sorry to hear about the broken camera. At least you did have some other good photos :thumbsup2 LOL @ the Joaquin skipping stone story. That must've been pretty interesting to watch. Good thing Joaquin was as good a swimmer as you said he is, because I don't think that would've been a pleasant situation. He sounds like a funny kid from what I've read. A great kid-ism for this chapter :-)

Ooooo... those cupcakes were good. If I was as close as Joaquin was, I would've just grabbed one and ate it before anybody noticed it was gone :laughing: And that's awesome you booked your parents a meal at Narcoosees, so sweet :goodvibes LOL @ your bed launching prevention tactics. I love the monorail picture Chris took, it's so beautiful lol

Ooooo... great Photopass! The one with Riley hugging Minnie is probably the best, sharing the love right there :teeth: And I like the one with the border that says "Happy Anniversary" :D

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I was really bummed about the waterproof camera. We would have had some really great pics from the pool, but especially from Typhoon Lagoon.

Joaquin is a riot. You'll see some pretty interesting videos later that prove how much energy he really has and how funny he is.

Those cupcakes were soooo good. I would have to say, it was a tie between the strawberry and the dulce de leche.

Too bad about the broken camera! :sad2:

The slide story had me between laughing and terrified for the little guy! Glad he was okay! What a crazy child to want to do it again. :eek:

Those cupcakes look suuuper yummy! :thumbsup2

Too bad about the broken camera! :sad2:

The slide story had me between laughing and terrified for the little guy! Glad he was okay! What a crazy child to want to do it again. :eek:

Those cupcakes look suuuper yummy! :thumbsup2

Ha ha, I knew I had to preface that story with making sure everyone knew what kind of a kid he is. Afterwards, he wouldn't stop talking about it. "Remember that swide?", "Can I go on the swide again?", "Is there going to be a swide?"

I tell you.

I'm dreaming about those cupcakes right now. :cloud9:

Lol at Joaquin being wide awake once you got moving!!

You sure got the better view out of the two rooms :thumbsup2

Yay you all got some pool time - that's a shame about the waterproof camera cracking. I'm going to be taking one on our trip so will have to remember to make sure it is properly wrapped in our clothes so no harm can come to it.

Oh no on Joaquin's slide experience :eek: Looks like it didn't affect him that much if he wanted to go again!

Okay a tough question but which cupcake was the best - am thinking of getting the strawberry one on our trip but don't want to miss out on one that tastes even more delish! Before you say get all three there is noo way we will be able to eat them between us!

I love Chris' pics of the resort and the PP pics are too cute! What great memories! :goodvibes

Lol at Joaquin being wide awake once you got moving!!

You sure got the better view out of the two rooms :thumbsup2

Yay you all got some pool time - that's a shame about the waterproof camera cracking. I'm going to be taking one on our trip so will have to remember to make sure it is properly wrapped in our clothes so no harm can come to it.

Oh no on Joaquin's slide experience :eek: Looks like it didn't affect him that much if he wanted to go again!

Okay a tough question but which cupcake was the best - am thinking of getting the strawberry one on our trip but don't want to miss out on one that tastes even more delish! Before you say get all three there is noo way we will be able to eat them between us!

I love Chris' pics of the resort and the PP pics are too cute! What great memories! :goodvibes

Well, I'm here to answer the tough questions. :laughing:

The two best ones were the strawberry and the dulce de leche. So, here's the difference between the two depending on what you want.

The strawberry was really fresh and light tasting, which was very good.

The dulce de leche is a little on the sweeter side and is a bit heavier.

Honestly, I couldn't pick between the two, because it would depend on my taste at that moment.

Well, I'm here to answer the tough questions. :laughing:

The two best ones were the strawberry and the dulce de leche. So, here's the difference between the two depending on what you want.

The strawberry was really fresh and light tasting, which was very good.

The dulce de leche is a little on the sweeter side and is a bit heavier.

Honestly, I couldn't pick between the two, because it would depend on my taste at that moment.

Haha thanks I knew you would be a good person to ask - from your descriptions think I will stick with the strawberry cupcake.

I like your logic with the cupcakes. Why not just get all 3? :thumbsup2

Great BLT pictures. That's a bummer though about the waterproof camera. :sad2:

Haha thanks I knew you would be a good person to ask - from your descriptions think I will stick with the strawberry cupcake.

Good choice. :thumbsup2

I like your logic with the cupcakes. Why not just get all 3? :thumbsup2

Great BLT pictures. That's a bummer though about the waterproof camera. :sad2:

Ha ha, as you can see from our picture, that's what we did. :rotfl: But only the first time.

I was so bummed about the waterproof camera. I think there were some really great pictures on it that sadly we will not be seeing.

Your swimming adventure sounds fun...and well...adventurous! :lmao: That "swide" sounds like fun!

Oh and those cupcakes! popcorn::Joaquin looking up longingly at them...so adorable!

I had bought them a $100 gift card and booked them for a dinner at Narcoossees during the week. ;)

They were both very surprised by the gift and also happy for the leftovers!

It was for sure a great surprise and the food was fantastic. Thank you our wonderful sweet daughter for the great anniversary dinner. :cool1::banana::cheer2:

Your swimming adventure sounds fun...and well...adventurous! :lmao: That "swide" sounds like fun!

Oh and those cupcakes! popcorn::Joaquin looking up longingly at them...so adorable!

It truly was an adventure.

He totally looks like he wants one to just accidentally fall into his mouth, doesn't he?

I had bought them a $100 gift card and booked them for a dinner at Narcoossees during the week. ;)

They were both very surprised by the gift and also happy for the leftovers!

It was for sure a great surprise and the food was fantastic. Thank you our wonderful sweet daughter for the great anniversary dinner. :cool1::banana::cheer2:

I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the dinner. I really wanted to make sure that I sent you to a place that you had never been to before.

It truly was an adventure.

He totally looks like he wants one to just accidentally fall into his mouth, doesn't he?

I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the dinner. I really wanted to make sure that I sent you to a place that you had never been to before.

For sure a place that I recommend to eat at. The food and service was fantastic :banana::dance3:

I love all the kid-isms. I hear a lot of those during my days from my oldest son and it's amazing how no matter how many you hear, it never gets old.

Joquin is adorable! The video of him falling asleep was so cute. He was so tired! :rotfl:

For sure you need to go. We can do that in January if you want to :dance3:

Maybe.....:rolleyes1

I love all the kid-isms. I hear a lot of those during my days from my oldest son and it's amazing how no matter how many you hear, it never gets old.

Joquin is adorable! The video of him falling asleep was so cute. He was so tired! :rotfl:

They're pretty funny. Every time I look at them, I laugh.

I was so happy I was quick enough to catch his falling asleep on video. It's the only time that he did that.

Today was our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare! I have to say, this is my favorite breakfast buffet on property.

I woke up around 6:30am to shower and do my hair. Ha. The latter part of that statement was such a joke. My hair ended up being in a ponytail within 5 minutes of leaving the room.

Lesson learned. Don't waste your time doing your hair in Florida in July.

Natch.

I woke the boys up around 7am and we were out the door not too long after. We were meeting everyone at the monorail at 7:30. This started a trend with Jason and I. In the end, he would ask:

"Are we always the last ones to show up?"

Yes, yes we were. With slow poke and slow pokier, that was the M.O.

We managed to snag a monorail pretty quickly though and were on our way in no time. We managed to arrive prior to the opening of the restaurant, so I was able to snap some good pics.

DSCN1402.jpg

DSCN1403.jpg

We had to wait to enter the restaurant.

Joaquin looked longingly at his prize possession....

DSCN1404.jpg

See the "gween" fan?

Instead, we told Joaquin that Wicket was lonely. He didn't stay lonely for long.

DSCN1405.jpg

We saw the pre-opening and the arrival of Mary Poppins. After that, it was time to head in. 'Bout time, because I was HUNGRY!

Here is my first plate.

DSCN1407.jpg

I am looking at it, and yearning for the strawberry soup in the background. I could bath in that stuff. Seriously. I think it might be good for my skin too if I did.....

Joaquin got started right away.

CIMG3993.jpg

And in no time, the characters were coming by.
Pooh totally looks like he's eating Joaquin there, doesn't he? Naughty bear.

CIMG3995.jpg

Joaquin's like "come back, come back."

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1423.jpg

Deuces!

DSCN1424.jpg

The money shot.

CIMG3996.jpg

Tigger!

CIMG3997.jpg

CIMG3999.jpg

Face characters....not so much. Joaquin's like "no way!"

CIMG4000.jpg

Not a fan of Mary Poppins either apparently. You will see how this changes in my next installment though.

CIMG4002.jpg

Would rather eat than talk to Alice too. Little rat.

DSCN1420.jpg

Overall, our breakfast was a success. As you can see from the pictures, Riley loved all of the characters. Joaquin.....not so much.

Up next: What my trip report should have been named. SO MANY BRAZILIANS!

Ooooo... 1900 Park Fare! I REALLY want to try this place, not just for the food and to see the lovely GF, but the characters though I think the ones I want to meet are at Dinner :/ LOL @ your whole hair situation, I need to tell that to my mom if we end up going in June or July, see how that works out :rolleyes: And I love the pictures of Joaquin just staring at the fan, where was that when he was in pre-sleep the day before? :laughing:

Oooo... the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare looks really good. That Strawberry Soup is very enticing. If Strawberries can be put into soup, it MUST be good. You also can't go wrong with hash browns or an omelet. YUM!

It does look like Pooh's eating Joaquin! Pooh has such a big head lol But Joaquin seemed to like him the most. Is Pooh his favorite character? The picture you got of Riley and him with Pooh is just adorable, you caught it perfectly.

Oh wow, he didn't like that Mad Hatter and the face he has in the picture with Mary Poppins... priceless. And Poor Alice seemed to really want to talk to Joaquin :'( Oh well, but at least you got some nice pictures there and everyone was enjoying their meal :D

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter