Shhhh! Mickey's Twying to Sweep, be Quiet! - A July '11 Anniversary TR - Update 12/24

I have a Wicket too! (Although we changed his name by deed poll to Chubb Chubb). Hope he behaves better than Yeti.

How gorgeous is your nephew? And so well behaved!

Really enjoying reading another report starring you and Jason!:thumbsup2

Is the No way Jose as big as it looks?:scared1:

:welcome:

Thanks for joining this one!

Wicket does prove to be a little better behaved, but marginally....

Good choice changing his name to Chubb Chubb!

Joaquin is a really good little boy. Only has a few moments of overall crabbiness.

Yes, the No Way Jose is really as big as it looks. Roughly the size of my head I would say. :scared1:

Oh my gosh, I love your nephew's cheeks! Haha, and your Ewok mascot!

Oy, your screening in the airport makes me NOT look forward to flying for our Disneymoon. Those security people sounded a little power hungry. Or maybe they were just having a bad day.

I love Joaquin's furrowed brow as he plays his Cars game!

I thought the thing about your dad not being able to do anything on his own was funny. For whatever reason, when my mom's at home (or if it's just my dad and me at home), he seems to forget how to use a microwave, and we have to do it for him. But when he's by himself, he's never had a problem!

I totally agree about the stroller issue. It's the person pushing it! And I know that in crowded situations or in excited situations, things happen. I know they might accidentally push a stroller into a person or someone might accidentally step in front of the stroller's path. But can't people just say sorry and move on? It doesn't have to be such a big to do.

AWWWWW, so cute that Joaquin hugged that stranger!!!

I would LOVE to share a No Way Jose with Howard, but alas, we are both lactose intolerant! I can have some ice cream, but it can also get me really sick and nauseous. I just want to be there at Beaches and Cream because of the atmosphere. It looks like ice cream would taste SO much better there!

Oh my gosh, I love your nephew's cheeks! Haha, and your Ewok mascot!

Oy, your screening in the airport makes me NOT look forward to flying for our Disneymoon. Those security people sounded a little power hungry. Or maybe they were just having a bad day.

I love Joaquin's furrowed brow as he plays his Cars game!

I thought the thing about your dad not being able to do anything on his own was funny. For whatever reason, when my mom's at home (or if it's just my dad and me at home), he seems to forget how to use a microwave, and we have to do it for him. But when he's by himself, he's never had a problem!

I totally agree about the stroller issue. It's the person pushing it! And I know that in crowded situations or in excited situations, things happen. I know they might accidentally push a stroller into a person or someone might accidentally step in front of the stroller's path. But can't people just say sorry and move on? It doesn't have to be such a big to do.

AWWWWW, so cute that Joaquin hugged that stranger!!!

I would LOVE to share a No Way Jose with Howard, but alas, we are both lactose intolerant! I can have some ice cream, but it can also get me really sick and nauseous. I just want to be there at Beaches and Cream because of the atmosphere. It looks like ice cream would taste SO much better there!

Joaquin's cheeks are pretty fabulous, I must say. Ha ha.

I think the security lady was just having a bad day or something. Who knows. Normally everything at Milwaukee airport is easy as pie, but this time, not so much.

My dad definitely has that sickness. He is perfectly capable of doing things when he's alone, but get him with anyone else and he's suddenly lost his ability to do anything.

I feel so bad that you guys are lactose intolerant, only because you miss out on Beaches and Cream! You're totally right, ice cream just tastes better there. :cloud9:

the food at Beaches was just fantastic. For sure a place to visit again. Hey Danielle maybe we can do it in January :cool1:

I left you guys off just having finished our lunch at Beaches and Cream. At this point, we all needed to be rolled out of the restaurant if we had any hope of getting to Bay Lake Tower to check in. It was around 12:30pm when we left. As we were all walking out to the car, Joaquin asks me:

"Are Wiley and Sawa coming?"

This is a theme for the trip. He could care less about the rest of us, was only ever curious if Riley and Sara were going to be there. Whatev dude. :lmao:

We got into our respective cars and were on our way. Now, I haven't been to the Contemporary in a while (to stay), so we got kind of confused as we were pulling into the parking area. There were markings on the ground that indicated that the lot used to be a valet lot. Well, we see that stuff on the ground, and we all think we're in a valet lot. So he leaves......but there's no where else to go. So we pull back in and follow the signs again. Sure enough, it's not a valet lot, but the spaces are marked. How weird is that?

Anywho, we headed into the resort to check in. The CM that worked at the front desk was really funny and did impressions of Mickey and Goofy for the kids. They thought he was so much fun. Of course, the kids got stickers from the CM's. And what does Joaquin do with his?

DSCN0165.jpg

And it was at this point that I discovered my new touch screen camera apparently takes pictures when you tap the screen!

DSCN0166.jpg

Aren't my feet beautiful?!

DSCN0167.jpg

Then of course, Joaquin just had to get in on the fun of taking pictures. Notice the short angle.

DSCN0168.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

So after a fairly long process at the front desk, we found out that one of the rooms was ready, but the other two were not. That was fine with us. It was Jason's, Joaquin's and my room that was ready. We figured that the best thing would be to drop all of the luggage off in our room before we decided to head out for the rest of the day. We were fortunate enough to have gotten rooms all on the same floor.

So now this trend of "Wiley and Sawa" continues. Note who Joaquin is now walking with.

DSCN0171.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

I do have to say though, they looked pretty darn cute.

We drove over the Bay Lake Tower and got out all of our luggage, parked the cars and headed in. Now, Jason and I lucked out in one way, but not in another.

Crappy part: We got an accessible room again. We seem to have this trend going on, because remember, we got an accessible room in February. I just didn't prefer the layout of the room because of it.

Good part:

(Heavens part, and the voices chime, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh)

DSCN0179.jpg

Like my view? You know you're jealous.....

DSCN0178.jpg

We were supposed to have a lake view. Well, Jason and I had a view of the lake......but also of something else. :rolleyes1

Let's just say mom was not the happiest. :laughing:

I shoved Jason in the room with the camera then, because I knew that if I didn't get pictures now, I would never get them. Tornado Jason and Hurricane Joaquin would soon descend on the room, and there is NO way I was taking a picture of that!

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg
'

DSCN0177.jpg

Our towel animal

DSCN0181.jpg

Well, we were settled in after that! So what to do, what to do.......

Up Next: Well, I can SEE the Magic Kingdom.......

Aaw Joaquin's just too cute! I love how he always wanted to be with 'Wiley' and 'Sawa' - you are right in that they do look too darn good in the pic of them holding hands.

I'm glad you got the car situation sorted - that is wierd.

What a view!! I am insanely jealous!! :lmao: Lol am glad you managed to get pics of your room before the hurricane and tornado hit it!

YAY! Off to Bay Lake Tower! I don't have a license and have never heard of a valet lot (though I know what a valet is), I'll just chime in and agree with you on the fact it is weird to have valet markings in a regular parking lot (which does sound weird in itself) Hahaha Moving on...

That's so awesome you got a CM showing off his impressions of Disney characters. Always something to keep you occupied while you wait forever to check-in. :laughing: @ where Joaquin put his stickers :rotfl:

Oh, Joaquin with "Wiley and Sawa" is just adorable. I'm sorry you are being ignored now because of this. No more "You the best!" But you do have a MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW! :eek: Yeah, I'm definitely jealous right now. More reason to beg and plead my parents to go have my birthday at a monorail resort :goodvibes Love the little towel animal too :-)

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Aaw Joaquin's just too cute! I love how he always wanted to be with 'Wiley' and 'Sawa' - you are right in that they do look too darn good in the pic of them holding hands.

I'm glad you got the car situation sorted - that is wierd.

What a view!! I am insanely jealous!! :lmao: Lol am glad you managed to get pics of your room before the hurricane and tornado hit it!

Yeah, the car situation was just weird. We were so confused. I think it may have also been that we just wanted to be in there and checked in.

Oh you have no idea about the hurricane and the tornado! I was too embarrassed to take pictures of it.

YAY! Off to Bay Lake Tower! I don't have a license and have never heard of a valet lot (though I know what a valet is), I'll just chime in and agree with you on the fact it is weird to have valet markings in a regular parking lot (which does sound weird in itself) Hahaha Moving on...

That's so awesome you got a CM showing off his impressions of Disney characters. Always something to keep you occupied while you wait forever to check-in. :laughing: @ where Joaquin put his stickers :rotfl:

Oh, Joaquin with "Wiley and Sawa" is just adorable. I'm sorry you are being ignored now because of this. No more "You the best!" But you do have a MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW! :eek: Yeah, I'm definitely jealous right now. More reason to beg and plead my parents to go have my birthday at a monorail resort :goodvibes Love the little towel animal too :-)

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

You're so cute about the valet thing. They normally block off a section of a parking lot for valet parking only. In addition to being blocked off, spaces are marked, because the valet has to know where to get the car when they pick it up. So the markings were there, which was strange. It must have been their valet lot before, and then they opened it up for regular parking.

I know about Joaquin wanting "Wiley and Sawa". I felt so deprived. :sad1:

:lmao:

The view was such a surprise for us. I was not expecting it. It was a nice addition.

Great view!

The new Contemporary rooms look very nice.

I was very happy with the view. We're not the kind of people to pay for a view, so to have it was quite a surprise.

Bay Lake Tower was very nice. I will have to rank it against how I feel about the other DVC resorts, but it's pretty far up there.

I don't know - you give your nephew all the love and attention in the world - you even let him use your camera - and what does he do? Ditch you for Wiley and Sawa!:lmao:

Fantastic view! I didn't think views like that really existed in real life! WOW!

Omg, picture perfect!!!!

I know, it was great.

Oh wow your room looks fantastic! And that view.... :cloud9: I am totally jealous!

Thanks! I liked the room very much. The view was just icing on the cake.

I don't know - you give your nephew all the love and attention in the world - you even let him use your camera - and what does he do? Ditch you for Wiley and Sawa!:lmao:

Fantastic view! I didn't think views like that really existed in real life! WOW!

Right? Little rat goes and ditches me for someone else! :rotfl:

I've never had a view like that myself, so it was very exciting to get one by accident.

WOW!!! What a view!!! :thumbsup2

Did you keep the view or give it to Mom & Dad???

We did keep the view. I told my parents that we would switch rooms with them if they wanted to, but they said that it wasn't that big a deal. Honestly, we didn't take advantage of the view really either, because the reality is we weren't in our room all that much. :laughing:

Hi Danielle,

I am catching up....
Back at Beaches and Cream, the food looks awesome. I really need to get the family there one trip but I am not sure we could eat all that food and then have the family eat all that ice cream without bursting. I can see why Wicket passed out. :)

Joaquin is too funny with the stickers and seeing him with Riley together is just adorable.

OMG what a view.....you bet I am jealous. I would definitely take an accessible room for that view.

Before I ordered one of these, I could not comprehend how gigantic it was. I shared with everybody at the table. It was so good!

Ice cream + having it in Disney World = much happiness! :)

Beaches and Cream is a fun place, but it is so small! I know it adds to the quaint soda shop feeling, but those round table are too small for putting all that good food on them! :upsidedow

Awesome view at Bay Lake Tower. Enjoying fireworks from your balcony is a huge perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter