Shh, do you hear that? It's the winds of change~link to new thread post#3501

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here!!!! I'm on my lunch with the iPad!! I hope to be back in the action soon! Move date is August 30th, and I hope to meet up with many of you!
:banana: Glad you made it Deena!!! You must be in super relocation mode!!!! We miss you! :hug:

So who's making the first change???? KOOK?popcorn::

First the new thread looks Great!

Second I was almost the first to make a change......why ?.......Jet Blue got rid of my early morning flight to Disney.......:scared1:

I was tossing around the option of leaving a day earlier and staying at AOA for a night but Bob did not like that idea :( ok but another day at BWI is not really in the budget :headache:

Anyway we decided the later flight may work out better we can sleep a little later and not be as tired when we get to Disney, we can take advantage of the free breakfast at the hotel we stay at the night before our flight and we can still spend a little time in our room before heading over to DHS to see the Osbourne Lights :banana:

Now I just have to cancel the lunch ADR I made as if we land at 1:25pm, No way we will make a 1:15 ADR at Cap't Grille:rotfl:

I am thinking now BW Pizza for lunch ? And late dinner at Kouzzina's once we return to BWI :confused3

Hope everyone's day is going better than mine.... I hate bumps in the road !

First the new thread looks Great!

Second I was almost the first to make a change......why ?.......Jet Blue got rid of my early morning flight to Disney.......:scared1:

I was tossing around the option of leaving a day earlier and staying at AOA for a night but Bob did not like that idea :( ok but another day at BWI is not really in the budget :headache:

Anyway we decided the later flight may work out better we can sleep a little later and not be as tired when we get to Disney, we can take advantage of the free breakfast at the hotel we stay at the night before our flight and we can still spend a little time in our room before heading over to DHS to see the Osbourne Lights :banana:

Now I just have to cancel the lunch ADR I made as if we land at 1:25pm, No way we will make a 1:15 ADR at Cap't Grille:rotfl:

I am thinking now BW Pizza for lunch ? And late dinner at Kouzzina's once we return to BWI :confused3

Hope everyone's day is going better than mine.... I hate bumps in the road !

Hi Sheila :hug:

So you don't think you'll make it to your lunch ADR from up in the clouds :rotfl: Yummy pizza!!! Will you have park hopper...maybe stroll for CS at world showcase...at least you get free breakfast before flying out :thumbsup2

SO......since you've been waffling...just a teeny bit.....and you have all that Tidy Bowl inspiration ;)

I know you can do it my friend :hug: I didn't say thank you, you are too sweet :hug:

You win the bronze!
I dutifully accept with great pride the prize bestowed upon me and will attempt to uphold the principles and values said prize represents. If ever I cannot perform my duties, I shall pass along the duties and responsibilities of bronze to jennyjinx3.

So I copied this from Kook (she won't mind)

first-place-blue-ribbon.gif
HEY! HOLD ON HERE! That ribbon looks just like one I once posted:scratchin, but, I don't mind.
Thanks for the link to your new digs, Jeannette!!:goodvibes Wonderful job, as always. I'm still technically a resort changer - switched from BC to YC just a couple weeks ago. Granted, not much of a change.;)
I think that was a great change:thumbsup2. May I asked what prompted you to change to the nautical nonsense next door?

kook - in a selfish way, I don't want you to change. I'm looking into an AKV 1 BR for spring and would love a first hand report! :thumbsup2
Are you looking at Jambo or Kidani? The main difference is that Kidani has two bathrooms and Jambo has one. Jambo is in the main AKL building and Kidani is about a half mile away.

Yay - a new thread!!! Now I feel caught up again!!! :)
HA! Just wait an hour:crazy2:
:rotfl: me too....it's my 3rd and step has done at least 3 I am sure....where is she??? She can clarify...marie is a charter member, she would know, or the kookster:dance3:
I think that Christine would be our resident (bean) thread counter.

Oh dear, I am so late. Jeanette, thanks for putting the list up for me! I am fine, but had a bit of an accident today. I have neuropathy in my feet from all the chemo. I have been known to stumble, but I always catch myself, until this afternoon. I did a face plant on the sidewalk outside of the hair salon where I get my hair cut. Long story short, I am sooo lucky, have a scraped and banged up chin, cuts on my palm and sore wrist. Went right over to my oncolgists office and had the nurses look at me (one of the few benefits of cancer, you can always be seen right away!), they cleaned me up and made sure I was okay. Just sore and scraped up. I look like I was in a fight ;)

So excited about the new thread. Please, please let me know about any changes. So far there are some close calls, my vote is for KOOK to change first, who is with me?!

Oh dear, I am so late. Jeanette, thanks for putting the list up for me! I am fine, but had a bit of an accident today. I have neuropathy in my feet from all the chemo. I have been known to stumble, but I always catch myself, until this afternoon. I did a face plant on the sidewalk outside of the hair salon where I get my hair cut. Long story short, I am sooo lucky, have a scraped and banged up chin, cuts on my palm and sore wrist. Went right over to my oncolgists office and had the nurses look at me (one of the few benefits of cancer, you can always be seen right away!), they cleaned me up and made sure I was okay. Just sore and scraped up. I look like I was in a fight ;)

So excited about the new thread. Please, please let me know about any changes. So far there are some close calls, my vote is for KOOK to change first, who is with me?!

Oh no! Poor you. :eek: :( Home resting now, I hope?! :hug:

I agree with you. It's a toss-up between Pas & Kook. I'm leaning slightly toward Kook though. :lmao: Whoever it shall be, we won't be disappointed. :thumbsup2

"Kookster", good one Pas; that has a nice ring to it.

Oh My! I'm glad it wasn't super serious but OUCH! I hope you feel better very soon :hug:

Goodness, that must have hurt! Good that you got checked out, hope you're resting now. Sending a hug your way. :hug:

How could you go and do that just when we were all getting better this week?! This could have been much worse and I'm so glad you were near your oncologist and could get a quick look-see. You might have some swelling later so maybe a little ice? Are you allowed to take ibuprofen if you have any aches or pains from the fall? PLEASE take care of yourself and rest now:hug:
Oh no! Poor you. :eek: :( Home resting now, I hope?! :hug:

I agree with you. It's a toss-up between Pas & Kook. I'm leaning slightly toward Kook though. :lmao: Whoever it shall be, we won't be disappointed. :thumbsup2

"Kookster", good one Pas; that has a nice ring to it.
I posted a response to both you and Jungle Cruiser this morning, but it's back on that 'old' thread. I don't want you guys to think I forgot about you.

If the Kookster changes from Kidani, it looks like I'd be changing to YC/CL. DD and I have stayed there, but not DH. DH loves walking to Epcot and jogging around that area. We'd gain CL, but lose the commodious villa. It's only for 4 nights prior to WL, but what do you think? Keep or change? (I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.)

And, while we're on the topic (JC will LOVE this one), why do I still want to stay in a FW Cabin so much? Oh, and why can't Poly/CL get better reviews?! I still love the idea of a lagoon view CL room there, but those reviews are still pretty awful.

I don't like the sounds of that at all....are you really ok??? I am so sorry you fell, poor thing. :hug: Hope you don't feel too banged up.

How could you go and do that just when we were all getting better this week?! This could have been much worse and I'm so glad you were near your oncologist and could get a quick look-see. You might have some swelling later so maybe a little ice? Are you allowed to take ibuprofen if you have any aches or pains from the fall? PLEASE take care of yourself and rest now:hug:

I posted a response to both you and Jungle Cruiser this morning, but it's back on that 'old' thread. I don't want you guys to think I forgot about you.

If the Kookster changes from Kidani, it looks like I'd be changing to YC/CL. DD and I have stayed there, but not DH. DH loves walking to Epcot and jogging around that area. We'd gain CL, but lose the commodious villa. It's only for 4 nights prior to WL, but what do you think? Keep or change? (I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.)

And, while we're on the topic (JC will LOVE this one), why do I still want to stay in a FW Cabin so much? Oh, and why can't Poly/CL get better reviews?! I still love the idea of a lagoon view CL room there, but those reviews are still pretty awful.

The cabins are ok. I really don't think I'd stay there again without either a rental or a golf cart, or both. I reeeeealllly hated doing the bus to bus or bus to boat thing. It might not be so bad now that most of my kids are mobile, but when I went we had a double and a single stroller and it was awful!

But speaking of changes (Yoohoo JC!)I just changed to a split so we are...

8/14-8/18 Poly TPV CL
8/18-8/21 BC CL

If you switch maybe I'll run into you at SAB! :banana:

We must be the same age (don't worry I'll never tell) or we share the same brain....I called it our new digs too :goodvibes So did k&a&c'smom.....we are ALL sharing a brain

Hey wait, so do I...maybe she is MY daughter :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Mama Backson and Baby Backson

Oh, I hope you are okay Sarah. Please be careful and rest up.:hug:

The cabins are ok. I really don't think I'd stay there again without either a rental or a golf cart, or both. I reeeeealllly hated doing the bus to bus or bus to boat thing. It might not be so bad now that most of my kids are mobile, but when I went we had a double and a single stroller and it was awful!

8/14-8/18 Poly TPV CL
8/18-8/21 BC CL

I think we might have been changing at the same time:rolleyes1. I changed our 4 nights at Kidani to YC/CL. Hellooooo, JC, we have some changes for you when you're feeling better.

We'll be at YC/CL from 8/18-22 so we'll have to meet in the middle.

I am fine, it looks like I was in a fight :lmao: I took some Tylenol, no ibuprofen for me :( My DH suggested we buy me a walking stick at AKL when we go in September :laughing:

So I will get my pad out and start taking notes. I need to add pixarmom to the list and update I heart the mouse. Anything else?!!!

OHHH KOOK, we are back this FW silliness again?! Give up 2 bathroom Kidiani for a cabin in the woods where you have to prime the pump and cook your meals over a campfire?!!:rotfl2:

Hi eveyone! Loving the new digs!

Sarah - glad you are ok!

So - is it insane to change my resort because PL isn't available when I have booked? I am asking the wrong group lol. I really shouldn't change my dates because they match the kids' school calendar. BUT, I really wanted to do Pirate's League on the MNSSHP night! I guess I keep calling every day and hope for openings.

I am fine, it looks like I was in a fight :lmao: I took some Tylenol, no ibuprofen for me :( My DH suggested we buy me a walking stick at AKL when we go in September :laughing:

So I will get my pad out and start taking notes. I need to add pixarmom to the list and update I heart the mouse. Anything else?!!!

OHHH KOOK, we are back this FW silliness again?! Give up 2 bathroom Kidiani for a cabin in the woods where you have to prime the pump and cook your meals over a campfire?!!:rotfl2:

Sarah: So thankful and relieved that you are okay! :hug: Oh, like DH's suggestion of a AKL walking stick. :goodvibes

Hi eveyone! Loving the new digs!

Sarah - glad you are ok!

So - is it insane to change my resort because PL isn't available when I have booked? I am asking the wrong group lol. I really shouldn't change my dates because they match the kids' school calendar. BUT, I really wanted to do Pirate's League on the MNSSHP night! I guess I keep calling every day and hope for openings.

Basket lacey ... I would keep your trip dates as it fits with the kids school calendar... just keep calling back... people change plans all the time ... don't ya know?? :goodvibes

MissPackingCube[/B]: Your trebuchet photo was trés cool! What a way to get rid of unruly children and errant pets;)

:idea: :lmao: Perhaps I should head on down to Home Depot ... :car: (Sorry, Heather... had to borrow your car. ;))

Missoutandabout-Thanks for the photo!!! Guess those neighbors like lots of outdoor sports, both ancient and newer. Maybe they are trend setters!;) Will we see some of HGTV's wacky househunters list a trebuchet along with stainess appliances and granite countertops on their list of must-haves??!:rotfl:

I love it. :lmao: "And here in the grand foyer, along with the marble tiled floors, we have an exquisite ballista ready to take aim through the double front doors. Take a gander outside at the spacious three-car-and-one-trebuchet wide driveway and you'll feel right at home."

Missoutandabout - What...the...heck? I love that you went on a mission to snap a photo of that thing! :lmao:

I should have had my phone playing the Mission Impossible theme tune as I was snapping those pics. :laughing:

No, I don't run outside. I only run on a treadmill both at home and at the gym. I went 3.5 weeks w/o running:( (was told to only do 'moderate' cardio) and walked and did the elliptical instead. I was glad to be back to jogging yesterday - it's quicker than walking!

Yay for the back-at-it "first" runs. I bet it felt good. :goodvibes

I think we might have been changing at the same time:rolleyes1. I changed our 4 nights at Kidani to YC/CL. Hellooooo, JC, we have some changes for you when you're feeling better.

We'll be at YC/CL from 8/18-22 so we'll have to meet in the middle.

Oh. My. I was laughing out loud at this! :rotfl: Bye Kidani, Hello YC! (For now, anyway -- nothing is out of the question, even after check-in. :thumbsup2 )

JC: I am so thankful for the JC's RCing Cliff Notes, I'd never keep track otherwise. Hope the Tylenol does the trick for you. :hug:

-------------------

Question for you Mommy-Pros:

(I've let my membership lapse :lmao:): Have you ever had one of your kids say they were worried about being made fun of for something they were wearing? How'd you handle it? Kiddo (5) came to me last night and said she wasn't sure about wearing her Chewbacca shirt because it wasn't "girly" and she doesn't "want to be laughed at." I asked her if she liked the shirt and she replied yes. I explained that if she liked the shirt, she shouldn't worry about what other people think and as long as she liked it and wanted to wear it, that's all that matters. :confused3 Easier said than done, and all that, right? Oh boy. I didn't know how else to handle it, really. I want to make sure she's not afraid to "march to the beat of her own drum." This is at 5 years old, what am I in store for?! :rolleyes:

KOOK :scared1: You're a'scarin' me girl!!! Remember, I have POLY GV CL booked! and if a LAGOON CL isn't cutting it, I cringe to think of GV CL!! but you know what.....I have to put my trust in our RCer friends who've been and who come back raving and loving it!!! Dani, I heart, Padawans! Yes, all those wonderful reviews are making me hold tight to my ressie....I gotta try out the POLY and I hope to fall in love :)

Sarah! OUCH!!! sorry you fell and hurt yourself, hope you are feeling better quickly!!! Keep safe, no more tumbles :hug:

PAS: I can see how a late night and early flight may not be a good mix for little ones! Hope you at least get to experience the MNSSHP :) I am just happy your trip MAY be back on again! :)

Miss Out and about (one of the cutest dis names, btw :) ) Glad you are going to hit up MNSSHP too! it is my first party, and it sure sounds like fun...I've been to a Pirate and Princess party when those where still around (Jan 2008) the kids / teens really liked the low lines and found it one of our best nights of the trip.....so I am hoping everyone loves MNSSHP! it sounds like much more fun, and better loot too! (PP was only beads and gold coins ;) ) can't beat real candy :)

I think there is a MNSSHP on the 28th.....we are doing the one on the Sunday Sept 30th....only because in my mind I am trying to rationalize less crowds :) I'm thinking it's a Sunday, and maybe the locals will have their kiddos at home to be rested for school Monday Morning! I think a Friday party might be crazier crowd-wise..... so the 30th it was for us! Hope you get to the party, it would be a blast for your kiddos...... I even think Amandaw might be hitting up the 30th party too, we where talking about meeting up for QS at CHH in MK before the party starts getting into fullswing....I haven't heard from her for awhile, so I'll have to check and see if the plan is still the same :)

Amanda, chimo, missoutandabout and anyone else with MNSSHP experience, please share any and all MNSSHP tips - we have our tickets for October 8 and we'll be MNSSHP first-timers!

8/14-8/18 Poly TPV CL
8/18-8/21 BC CL

Another "yay!" for the perfect split! So excited for you!

JC, sending a :hug: - glad you're OK!! Thanks for adding me. :)

Dani, hope the kids are feeling better!

KOOK, great change! :)

[/B]

KOOK :scared1: You're a'scarin' me girl!!! Remember, I have POLY GV CL booked! and if a LAGOON CL isn't cutting it, I cringe to think of GV CL!! but you know what.....I have to put my trust in our RCer friends who've been and who come back raving and loving it!!! Dani, I heart, Padawans! Yes, all those wonderful reviews are making me hold tight to my ressie....I gotta try out the POLY and I hope to fall in love :)

Sarah! OUCH!!! sorry you fell and hurt yourself, hope you are feeling better quickly!!! Keep safe, no more tumbles :hug:

PAS: I can see how a late night and early flight may not be a good mix for little ones! Hope you at least get to experience the MNSSHP :) I am just happy your trip MAY be back on again! :)

Miss Out and about (one of the cutest dis names, btw :) ) Glad you are going to hit up MNSSHP too! it is my first party, and it sure sounds like fun...I've been to a Pirate and Princess party when those where still around (Jan 2008) the kids / teens really liked the low lines and found it one of our best nights of the trip.....so I am hoping everyone loves MNSSHP! it sounds like much more fun, and better loot too! (PP was only beads and gold coins ;) ) can't beat real candy :)

Don't worry! I think you will love Poly CL. It is my favorite of all of the CL's that I have tried!

The main complaint I had when I first got back was that there were a fair share of over-entitled, ill mannered people in the lounge. However, I saw the same exact behavior in every single other CL I have tried since then, even RPC. So, it really doesn't seem to be Poly specific. Maybe I just expect too much out of people. :confused3

That said, there is so much to look forward too! The view is spectacular, the location is perfect, the food is delicious (ok, everything but the stale bagels!), the spiked punch is fab! Yep, you will LOVE Poly CL. :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter