She's On Top of the World, a September 2018 TR at Copper Creek Villas and Cabins (Completed 12/20)

When we got to the bus stop it said a bus would come at 6:43, but it was late and two buses came at 6:47. Both had to load ECVs, so we got on one at 6:52. It got to Fort Wilderness at 7:00, nut had to wait for the bus stop to clear until 7:03.

At first I thought you were referring to your bus driver as a nut, but then I realized this was probably a typo.

Following along! Great pictures of WL. We are some of the few that do like the retheming of DS, but my DW still remembers Pleasure Island from when she was in the DCP.

Wow! You are all having a blast! I can't wait to see Pandora next week and ride Navi River. I can't do FOP, because I would probably throw up. LOL!

I'm up to day two of your trip. ;)

I watched the sunrise from Geyser Point and got some pictures.
We were in room 4003, which is a deluxe room overlooking the walkway to the boat dock. I watched the sunrise from the balcony at least three of our four days there and I kept an eye out for an early morning photographer. :) But I never saw you there. It probably didn't help that we went up to the lounge every morning instead of Roaring Forks.

It was a little warm, but we preferred the weather this time over our trip last August. There wasn't much it kept us from doing.
I was very glad that we never got rained on during our trip I agree with you that the weather this trip was better than the weather in August. I also think that the hurricane kept some of the crowd away and had the benefit of keeping some of the rain away, too.

We had been smelling something smoking all morning so our first stop had to be the Flavors from Fire booth for some smoked meat.

And it did not disappoint. We tried the "piggy wings" and they were great Korean BBQ flavored pork ribs, kind of like chicken wings. They were meaty and delicious.
That was the best smelling booth at F&W. I just wish we were hungry when we walked past it.

I love that we can introduce the kids to different foods at Food and Wine. Allie really got into it this year.
I'm impressed at how willing Allie was to try new and different food. I was never willing to try different foods as a kid and missed out on years of enjoyment when I found out how good those "strange" foods were.

The bus came at 8:21, and after loading a couple of ECVs left at 8:31, and arrived at WL at 8:41. This is a noticeably faster trip now that they have the overpass to bypass the MK parking booths. We noticed this many times this trip, and were happy with the short transit time.
We noticed that the trip to WL was a little faster, too. It will be really nice when the rest of the overpass is finished and the buses no longer have to drive in front of the TTC and Poly.

Marshall was pretty sticky after all the snacking in Epcot so he needed a bath. I didn’t feel like chasing him around the giant tub so I put him in the kitchen sink just like at home. It worked perfectly.
This was probably easier on your back, too. :)

It was a great layout, and we fell in love with the dedicated two bedroom. We had thought we'd try a lockoff next time for variety and the chance of getting a Bear Face room, but we loved it so much that we want the dedicated two bedroom for the whole trip next time.
We had both the dedicated 2 bedroom and the lock off when staying at the BCV and we liked the dedicated two bedroom much better. We also had a dedicated two bedroom at Old Key West and it had a huge closet, too.

We always get mugs, and definitely get our use out of them. It was fun to have the new design, and mine looked extra neat because I brought my green lid from prior years. People would ask me where I got the green one, and I'd explain that I was weird enough to have saved the lid from a prior visit...
I have several colors of lids that are no longer available, like black, yellow, green, a nice pink color, and a different shade of purple. Having white handles makes it easy to bring any color lid.

I notice that the Halloween Mugs have a colored handle. I wonder if that means they will be going back to matching the lids and handles when they bring out the next mug design.

Last edited:

When we got off the bus at the Lodge they were just setting up to do Tie Dye. We wanted to do this last year with the kids so we were excited we actually made it back to the resort in time to do it this time.

That looks like such a fun activity, plus something fun to bring home! I'll have to keep an eye out for it while we're there.

When we went to Disneyland for our Anniversary in June he saw the large Mickey train and decided he needed it. We talked him out of it at the time, but he talked about it for a long time. We knew it would be on his list for the trip. I had enough on my Disney Visa rewards card to get it, we got our DVC 20% discount, and I wanted to play with it too, so we got the train.

Wow that train is amazing. My youngest is obsessed with trains - we have a huge rubbermaid bin of thomas train tracks and we will build these huge set ups with tons of switches and he will literally play for hours, just watching the trains go around. It was a great idea to buy the toy to let him play with during the trip - it's not always easy keeping the kids occupied in a hotel room.

At first I thought you were referring to your bus driver as a nut, but then I realized this was probably a typo.
Lol, sometimes the typos are far better than the actual report.

Following along! Great pictures of WL. We are some of the few that do like the retheming of DS, but my DW still remembers Pleasure Island from when she was in the DCP.
Thanks! We could take pictures of WL all day long. Ahh yeah, DS sure has changed. We never did Pleasure Island, but it was still there during our Honeymoon. It amazes us how many people DS attracts, because it just isn't like that in CA with our Downtown Disney.

Wow! You are all having a blast! I can't wait to see Pandora next week and ride Navi River. I can't do FOP, because I would probably throw up. LOL!
We really are having fun, and there's so much more to come. Just walking around and checking out Pandora is great, and it all continues on into Navi river. I don't usually get sick on motion rides, but FOP was a little intense right after a big meal. We are going to schedule it for mid morning next time.

I'm up to day two of your trip. ;)

We were in room 4003, which is a deluxe room overlooking the walkway to the boat dock. I watched the sunrise from the balcony at least three of our four days there and I kept an eye out for an early morning photographer. :) But I never saw you there. It probably didn't help that we went up to the lounge every morning instead of Roaring Forks.
You are catching up to us... That's great though. Yeah, I did Sunrise at Geyser Point most mornings, although the transportation boat dock was really nice one day. I also often was at the Geyser at 7:00, usually on my way to Roaring Fork.

I was very glad that we never got rained on during our trip I agree with you that the weather this trip was better than the weather in August. I also think that the hurricane kept some of the crowd away and had the benefit of keeping some of the rain away, too.
I agree, I think we got even less rain than normal for September. The Hurricane can have the extra moisture, that's fine with us.

That was the best smelling booth at F&W. I just wish we were hungry when we walked past it.

I'm impressed at how willing Allie was to try new and different food. I was never willing to try different foods as a kid and missed out on years of enjoyment when I found out how good those "strange" foods were.
Yeah, we smelled it from a long way away, and enjoyed the food too. It is neat that Allie got into trying more stuff, and I think a lot of it was because she watched videos ahead of time explaining how goo some of the strange things were. She hasn't always been this into it, because I remember getting her a sandwich from Electric Umbrella a couple of years ago when she didn't want anything from Food and Wine booths.

We noticed that the trip to WL was a little faster, too. It will be really nice when the rest of the overpass is finished and the buses no longer have to drive in front of the TTC and Poly.
Yes, completing that project will be great. We are impressed with how they keep improving the bus transportation, and not sharing resorts in peak hours is nice. They still aren't the most fun, but if the buses are quick that's all we need.

This was probably easier on your back, too. :)
Yeah, and we can't imagine how small he would have been in that giant tub. Even Melissa could almost get lost in it.

We had both the dedicated 2 bedroom and the lock off when staying at the BCV and we liked the dedicated two bedroom much better. We also had a dedicated two bedroom at Old Key West and it had a huge closet, too.
Yeah, I was surprised at the difference, and how much we liked the dedicated. That's ok, we'll know what to book for upcoming trips, and eventually that will include BCV...

I have several colors of lids that are no longer available, like black, yellow, green, a nice pink color, and a different shade of purple. Having white handles makes it easy to bring any color lid.

I notice that the Halloween Mugs have a colored handle. I wonder if that means they will be going back to matching the lids and handles when they bring out the next mug design.
It is neat that the lids fit across multiple versions of mugs. That is a good observation about the return of colored handles. Time will tell. I'd have no problem mixing my green lid with most any color handle though, it'd be even more unique.

That looks like such a fun activity, plus something fun to bring home! I'll have to keep an eye out for it while we're there.

Wow that train is amazing. My youngest is obsessed with trains - we have a huge rubbermaid bin of thomas train tracks and we will build these huge set ups with tons of switches and he will literally play for hours, just watching the trains go around. It was a great idea to buy the toy to let him play with during the trip - it's not always easy keeping the kids occupied in a hotel room.

The tie Dye shirts were neat, and are worth making it back to the resort for. It doesn't take too long, and the kids enjoyed it.

The train is fun. It is a little too detailed for a 2 year old, and he needs help with it, but it holds up to him well. Our biggest concern with buying it on the trip was getting it home, but we made sure we had some extra space in luggage, and we didn't bring it home in the box. Everything made it home fine. He did have fun with it at the room, and now it is extra special since it is the train from the trip.

nd it did not disappoint. We tried the "piggy wings" and they were great Korean BBQ flavored pork ribs, kind of like chicken wings. They were meaty and delicious.

We just picked our trips for our next trip and we'll be there for the first few days of Food & Wine. I am so incredibly excited over this and I'm taking notes through your trip report. I'm also really hungry and ready for lunch.

As we were leaving Light Lab a CM was giving out bags of cotton candy. The kids were in sugar heaven.

My dd6, Brynn, is a cotton candy lover and would be in heaven with free CC. Her brother would be happy with the slushie flight.

On our way by Club Cool Melissa and Brandy went in for some Beverly, since they are two of the only people in the world who enjoy it

I don't know if I would buy it but I like the beverly. I don't like how sweet the other sodas are and the beverly works for me.

This was the first Food and Wine item that was actually gross. The bread was fine, but the escargot was slimy an had an unpleasant aftertaste.

Allie didn't like it either, but at least we tried it.

I'm still going to try it on the cruise. I think. Okay, I might chicken out.

Jon got a creme brûlée and tried to hide behind the silverware dispenser so he didn’t have to share.

I can't blame him. I wouldn't share it either.

I love that we can introduce the kids to different foods at Food and Wine. Allie really got into it this year.

That's awesome. I love when my kids try new things. My daughter doesn't like to try much but her older brother is getting better. I should show them the Disney Food Blog videos before we go next year.

I found it interesting that we didn't get the DVC merchandise discount on her, because it is an "adoption fee" and not merchandise

o_O Really Disney?

On the way back up to the room when we were done we stopped by the mercantile. We wanted to get some eggs for breakfast in the morning. Marshall also had something on his list he was ready to look at.

I regret not buying the Christmas version of this train last November. We are doing a short pre-DCL stay next month and I'm hoping they have the train in Disney Springs. Although I'm not really sure where I'll put it in my house. I want to do it around the Christmas tree but I need to reconfigure where the tree is going this year since we bought a new couch.

Jon and Brandy met a nice couple from Florida who are DVC members at the Poly, and we had fun talking about all things Disney.
We kept running into DVC owners at Geyser Point. The last couple we sat next to had just completed a tour of CCVs and were contemplating the pros and cons of buying into DVC. I have a feeling that the beautiful, new CCVs have helped them sell a lot of DVC memberships. ::yes::

Once we got to Animal Kingdom we headed over to Flights of Passage.... With everyone else. The line was already at an hour wait, we contemplated waiting but ultimately decided we didn't want to spend our whole extra hour standing in line.
It is always a huge mob of people racing to FOP. I would think it would be hard to get into the ride early with that mob.

After the safari ride we met back up with Grandma, then Allie did her very first pin trading. We bought her some pins online before the trip, and she had fun trading them, although she only did it with Cast Members and trading boards they have set up, but that's ok, she had fun.
The WL has the best PIN trading board. Most of the other resorts have the PIN trading out of sight.

we went over to Adventure Outpost for our Fastpass to see Mickey and Minnie. This is one of the few places where you can see the two of them together, could be the only place actually.
The kids enjoyed saying hi and getting pictures.
We were at AK with some Dis friends last October and they dragged us into this meet and greet. It was a lot of fun seeing both Mickey and Minnie. I hadn't realized that this was the only location that included both characters.

On the way we stopped to get Marshall an Uncrustable for lunch, since he decided he was hungry.
I had an uncrustable when I was visiting my daughter and her family in Colorado in August. They are pretty good.

When we got off the bus at the Lodge they were just setting up to do Tie Dye. We wanted to do this last year with the kids so we were excited we actually made it back to the resort in time to do it this time.
We saw the tie dye set up when we were on our way to Epcot in the late afternoon. It is nice that they put it in a more accessible place. It looks like fun.

We set up the train in the living room and hung out for a while in the room.
We saw the train set up in the cabin. It looked really cute.

The bus came at 10:13, and left at 10:20 after loading and a driver change. It got to the Contemporary at 10:43, followed by WL at 10:51. It does take some time.
Did the DS go to the CR first? It is actually a good idea to do it that way since most of the people on the bus are going to CR.

We are impressed with how they keep improving the bus transportation, and not sharing resorts in peak hours is nice. They still aren't the most fun, but if the buses are quick that's all we need.
We had great bus karma on this trip. I love have fast the return trips are. And I'm glad that the morning buses go directly to the parks. On the other hand, we kept missing a boat by a minute or two every time.

We just picked our trips for our next trip and we'll be there for the first few days of Food & Wine. I am so incredibly excited over this and I'm taking notes through your trip report. I'm also really hungry and ready for lunch.
Congratulations! That is a great time to be there, and we found that it really adds to the trip. We were surprised how much we missed it last year when we went in August. It is tough to read about when it gets close to meal time though...

My dd6, Brynn, is a cotton candy lover and would be in heaven with free CC. Her brother would be happy with the slushie flight.
More sugar! They enjoyed themselves though, and we didn't have to go get the pancake shake we had read about...

I don't know if I would buy it but I like the beverly. I don't like how sweet the other sodas are and the beverly works for me.
Well there you go, another person who at least doesn't despise Beverly... You and Melissa can have my share.

I'm still going to try it on the cruise. I think. Okay, I might chicken out.
Go for it! It really wasn't that bad, and with Disney there's always something good to follow it with.

That's awesome. I love when my kids try new things. My daughter doesn't like to try much but her older brother is getting better. I should show them the Disney Food Blog videos before we go next year.
We highly recommend the DFB videos. We found they were a great way to pass time for weeks before our trip. I was surprised at how much Allie got out of them and remembered from them when we were there.

o_O Really Disney?
Yep. We had been warned, and the lack of discounts was still the case. I'm surprised it is worth making this exception, but they do. Perhaps it adds something to the adoption experience, I dunno.

I regret not buying the Christmas version of this train last November. We are doing a short pre-DCL stay next month and I'm hoping they have the train in Disney Springs. Although I'm not really sure where I'll put it in my house. I want to do it around the Christmas tree but I need to reconfigure where the tree is going this year since we bought a new couch.
Sounds like a good reason to buy the train and work it into the new layout. Good luck. We were thinking about putting ours around the tree, but we will have a new puppy this year, and that might not be a good combination.

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed the read!
You'rwe welcome, thanks for joining in. We should have more posted soon.

Been wanting to stay there but haven't gotten to yet!
It is our favorite, and being able to buy there contributed to us deciding to buy DVC. The resort just has such a nice quiet secluded feel that is a nice contrast to the parks.

We kept running into DVC owners at Geyser Point. The last couple we sat next to had just completed a tour of CCVs and were contemplating the pros and cons of buying into DVC. I have a feeling that the beautiful, new CCVs have helped them sell a lot of DVC memberships. ::yes::
Yeah, we agree that the look of Copper Creek Villas has to help with sales, but sometimes we are surprised when we see a DVC owner online who bought at Copper Creek without seeing it just because that was what Disney had available. They should be pleasantly surprised when they make their first trip.

It is always a huge mob of people racing to FOP. I would think it would be hard to get into the ride early with that mob.
We knew it would be insane, but without a fastpass thought it might be our best option for riding it. In the end, we decided the wait just wasn't worth it.

The WL has the best PIN trading board. Most of the other resorts have the PIN trading out of sight.
Yes! Allie loved checking out the WL board, and would do so on the way to parks or on our way back, and would keep track of what pins changed. There was surprisingly little turnover on it for being so open in the lobby.

We were at AK with some Dis friends last October and they dragged us into this meet and greet. It was a lot of fun seeing both Mickey and Minnie. I hadn't realized that this was the only location that included both characters.
We had never done it before this trip. The unique thing is having both Mickey and Minnie together in the same picture. They are both at the Character Spot in Epcot, but in separate pictures. We learned this trip that getting two characters in one picture isn't always easy.

I had an uncrustable when I was visiting my daughter and her family in Colorado in August. They are pretty good.
Yeah, not bad for pre-packaged food. They have strawberry ones as well. We ordered a box of them with our Garden Grocer order this time to have in the room, and they did come in handy when Marshall slept through dinner.

We saw the tie dye set up when we were on our way to Epcot in the late afternoon. It is nice that they put it in a more accessible place. It looks like fun.
Yeah I'm sure they get a lot of people doing it who just happen across it and ask what it us.

We saw the train set up in the cabin. It looked really cute.
We had fun with it, and in the Cabin we had plenty of room for it out on the patio.

Did the DS go to the CR first? It is actually a good idea to do it that way since most of the people on the bus are going to CR.
Yeah, it is the one current exception to the "WL is always the first stop on the way back." rule, but it does work out ok as long as you allow time for the CR stop. We were surprised we didn't have to stop at CR on the way back from AK, which we have in the past.

We had great bus karma on this trip. I love have fast the return trips are. And I'm glad that the morning buses go directly to the parks. On the other hand, we kept missing a boat by a minute or two every time.
Isn't it funny how your luck can run during a trip? We just missed a boat too, and had quite a wait for the next one. It was on a day or time where they weren't running the smaller boats, so waiting for one big boat to make the return trip was the only MK boat option. That doesn't happen too often, but waiting on the dock isn't bad, especially if you go wait in the shade under the cover.

On Sunday I got out of bed just after 7:00, then headed out for mug refills and some morning pictures.

Everyone else was sleeping in today, so I didn't get as early a start as I sometimes do. I got some Roaring Fork pictures, both inside and outside, and I went by the front desk and applied some gift cards to our balance.

This wound up kicking off a strange chain of events, because the Cast Member at the front desk accidentally charged my card for the balance on file instead of applying the gift cards. This was a bit of an issue, because we still had $800 in gift cards to use. Fortunately it was still early in the trip, but this was the first in a chain of front desk issues.

I got back to the room at 8:00 and Melissa got up and started on breakfast. The kids were still out.

Breakfast sandwiches were on the menu for breakfast and they turned out really good.

We weren't sure about cooking on vacation, but they were pretty easy since we brought mini waffle makers to cook the eggs in. Everybody had one once they woke up, and it was nice to have a leisurely morning in the room. Allie slept in until 9:20.

I took some pictures from our balcony of the resort. Despite being an enclosed balcony we really enjoyed the view from it, and it felt more secure with the kids.

Cooking breakfast on vacation wasn't bad and I kind of actually enjoyed it. Having a dishwasher made doing the dishes no big deal.

Once we were all up and moving, we headed out from the room at 9:55. We got to the dock just as a big boat left at 10:00.

A small boat soon came at 10:10, and we got to MK at 10:23.

We figured it was probably time to visit Main St.

I knew it would be odd to wait until this far into the trip to finally visit MK, but that's just how our schedule worked out. Even this morning we knew we wouldn't be there long, but we wanted to at least say hello to the Magic Kingdom.

We only had one mission at MK and that was to ride Pirates. We waited standby for Pirates and really enjoyed the ride.

We didn't have a fastpass for Pirates, so we waited in the line. We arrived at 10:41, and got on at 11:18, and off by 11:30. This ate up most of the time we had planned on spending in MK,. so we planned to do a little shopping on Main Street on our way out.

It was crazy funny. We compared him to Dash in Zootopia. According to pictures I bought something as well but I have no recollection of what it was.

Grandpa left while we were in the store so that he could be sure to be on time to meet Grandma for their lunch at Tutto Italia. We finished the checkout process and headed for the express monorail since our lunch was at LeCellier. Unfortunately we didn't realize that they only run the express monorail for incoming guests in the morning to speed it up, so instead of taking the resort monorail we took the ferry boat to the TTC.

We were able to check another mode of transportation off our list that way. I love riding the monorail into Epcot. It's something that is so unique and fun.

It did mean that we had to climb the ramp at the TTC, but we made it up.

As Monorail Lime arrived at 12:28 Marshall said "I am loving this!"

He really enjoyed the trip and it was fun to watch him have a ball this year.

On the way into Epcot we got a very thorough security check by a guard from New York who we had dealt with at the metal detector earlier in the trip. His communication skills were a little lacking, and he decided to go through every item in our backpack. He looked at each individual diaper while we waited.

I purposefully put diapers and wipes in a clear bag so they can see through them... I don't know if they want to check each diaper more power to them. He's kinda lucky I wasn't carrying a dirty one.

Lol, yeah, that would have been fun... Anyway, we finally made it into the park at 1:00, and Melissa also played in the water a bit on our way in.

Ya know because it was hot. This was not the time I burned my feet though, that was later in the trip

Then we which had just enough time to check out the Food and Wine merchandise for a bit when we got to the world showcase lagoon.

After that we headed for Canada, and checked in for our lunch at LeCellier.

We had a great meal.

Our waitress was really great, and she was training a new waitress and did a great job. We wound up sharing rib eye steaks and two desserts for the four of us.

Lunch was great. The steak was perfect and the ambiance of the restaurant was so nice. It was great to check this off our bucket list.

And it had been on that bucket list for a long time.

Find out what we did next in our next update.

Last edited:
I knew it would be odd to wait until this far into the trip to finally visit MK, but that's just how our schedule worked out. Even this morning we knew we wouldn't be there long, but we wanted to at least say hello to the Magic Kingdom.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. For my upcoming December trip I won't go to Magic Kingdom until Day 7 of 11! I rented DVC points at a couple places (AKV, BWV, CCV), so I'm basing my parks on where I'm staying! Then in February, I'm taking my mom, and we are doing a similar thing, staying at BCV then a cruise then Poly villas. Because she's not getting park hoppers it doesn't make sense to do MK before we are staying at the Poly!

It was on a day or time where they weren't running the smaller boats, so waiting for one big boat to make the return trip was the only MK boat option.
We went to MK twice during our short, four day trip, which meant four boats rides. Every boat we got was a big boat. That has never happened before. Most of the time we get the small boats, which I like better.

I got some Roaring Fork pictures, both inside and outside,
I like the new outdoor eating area they. With all the rain they get in Florida it made sense to put the tables under some sort of roof.

I got back to the room at 8:00 and Melissa got up and started on breakfast. The kids were still out.
They look cute all cuddled together like that. :)

Cooking breakfast on vacation wasn't bad and I kind of actually enjoyed it. Having a dishwasher made doing the dishes no big deal.
I enjoyed cooking breakfast when we had a two bedroom villa. There was something "normal" about it. I also enjoyed doing laundry in the villa. :)

I took some pictures from our balcony of the resort. Despite being an enclosed balcony we really enjoyed the view from it, and it felt more secure with the kids.
The view is gorgeous. I might not have minded the enclosed balcony if that was the view. :)

I knew it would be odd to wait until this far into the trip to finally visit MK, but that's just how our schedule worked out.
I know that some people always make the MK the first park they go to for every trip, but not us. We go to whatever park works best for our schedule. :)

As Monorail Lime arrived at 12:28 Marshall said "I am loving this!"
That is really cute. Did he like the monorail the best?

He really enjoyed the trip and it was fun to watch him have a ball this year.
That makes a trip a lot of fun for everyone. :)

Lunch was great. The steak was perfect and the ambiance of the restaurant was so nice. It was great to check this off our bucket list.
I've heard good and bad reviews, so it is nice to hear that you had a really good meal. :)

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. For my upcoming December trip I won't go to Magic Kingdom until Day 7 of 11! I rented DVC points at a couple places (AKV, BWV, CCV), so I'm basing my parks on where I'm staying! Then in February, I'm taking my mom, and we are doing a similar thing, staying at BCV then a cruise then Poly villas. Because she's not getting park hoppers it doesn't make sense to do MK before we are staying at the Poly!
See, sometimes it just works out that way. We totally get it. I'm not sure we would wait that long for Epcot, but you never know. We'll see how next year's schedule works out.

The Wilderness Lodge lobby is just stunning.
I truly believe it is my favorite building on earth. The whole resort is just gorgeous.

That creme brûlée looks amazing! I bet it tasted as good as it looks.
It was great, as expected, but the surprise was the maple butter tart. It was the server's recommendation and was amazing, quite possibly the best dessert item of the trip. We should have written more about it, but it's greatness didn't take anything away from the creme brûlée. We loved them both and didn't leave any crumbs.

We went to MK twice during our short, four day trip, which meant four boats rides. Every boat we got was a big boat. That has never happened before. Most of the time we get the small boats, which I like better.
Yeah, we noticed there being fewer small boats making the MK trip. We probably prefer the larger ones because we don't have to fold the stroller, but both are nice. Later in the trip we got to ride a big boat on the Blue Flag loop, because they will run them in lightning, unlike the smaller boats.

I like the new outdoor eating area they. With all the rain they get in Florida it made sense to put the tables under some sort of roof.
I love how it ties in with the roof line and looks like it has always been there. It was a nice functional and beautiful addition.

They look cute all cuddled together like that. :)
Don't they? Marshall would start the night with us but would sleep well enough that we could move him over to Allie's bed. She didn't mind, and liked cuddling with her brother. We just thought it was so sweet. This was another benefit of the 2 bedroom, because her bed was big enough for this there, but not in the cabin.

I enjoyed cooking breakfast when we had a two bedroom villa. There was something "normal" about it. I also enjoyed doing laundry in the villa. :)
We totally agree. It was just nice and relaxing to start the day in the Villa. We loved being able to do laundry too. We did a load about every day, and brought home a bunch of clean clothes. With it being in the room, it was just not a big deal and made coming home nice since we didn't have to deal with a mountain of laundry.

The view is gorgeous. I might not have minded the enclosed balcony if that was the view. :)
It surprised us. We didn't think we'd be able to see that much of Bay Lake, but we loved it. I think the inner courtyard side will be even better, perhaps we'll request it next time for comparison.

I know that some people always make the MK the first park they go to for every trip, but not us. We go to whatever park works best for our schedule. :)
Yeah, we definitely don't have to do it first, but it also isn't our favorite park. (Still because of the odd similarity to DL without being laid out the same.) We have come to love it more though, and with it being so close it is funny when we don't make it there sooner. We never even rode a boat during our first couple of days, which must also be some sort of record.

That is really cute. Did he like the monorail the best?

That makes a trip a lot of fun for everyone. :)
He enjoyed the monorail, but also really liked the MK train. He was a fan of the boats too, so basically he just likes to go.

I've heard good and bad reviews, so it is nice to hear that you had a really good meal. :)
We really enjoyed it. I didn't love the steak as much as Teppan Edo (which was coming up later in the trip) but it was a great meal, with an excellent server. We totally would go back, but we don't have to do it every time.

Your pictures are so dazzling that they almost look better than actually being there!

Almost... I'd still rather be there, but they do help get through the time between trips.

You guys are quite the time travelers!
10, 11, what's an hour difference in a long standby wait? I fixed it now, time continuity is a good thing.

Wow, that's another of your photographic masterpieces!
Thanks! We love taking pictures, and the sky that day was great. It is kind of cool that it was from a moving monorail.

This was another benefit of the 2 bedroom, because her bed was big enough for this there, but not in the cabin.
I can definitely see why you liked the 2 bedroom villa. The 2nd bedroom in the cabin is much too small.

I didn't love the steak as much as Teppan Edo (which was coming up later in the trip) but it was a great meal, with an excellent server.
We are extremely particular when it comes to steak, since we get very good steak here in the Chicago area. The only Disney steak that we thought was better than what we have here was at Citricos. An excellent server makes all the different, though. :)

We hail from Southern California about 45 minutes from Disneyland. We have spent a lot of time there and even had our wedding at the Grand Californian. People always ask why we venture to Florida when Disneyland is so close.

For us, Disneyland is home, and somewhere we can go after work or on a weekend, but we really love the longer term Disney immersion that we get at WDW.

It’s an actual vacation!

As someone else who hails from Southern California (and was also just at WDW in September), I get the above sentiments. I get asked the same question all the time and give the same response. This is a true vacation. Half the time when I go to Disneyland, I have to stop for an errand or 2 coming home which does not happen on the real vacations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!