• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resort Review

Disney Ella

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a split Sheraton Vistana Resort/Coronado Springs stay and stayed at SVR November 1 -5. We were placed in the Fountains section and thought the renovated villas were spacious and very nicely decorated. We had a 2-bedroom, so no one had to share a bed and I didn’t have to listen to complaints about blanket stealers and kickers. I liked how private the balcony was. It always makes me uncomfortable to sit on a hotel balcony and see the people on other side of me out on their balconies.

We had a $50 resort credit as part of our Orbitz package, which we used for coffee and drinks at the Marketplace every morning. We liked the Marketplace, but wished it would have opened just a little earlier than 8 a.m. When you have to wait in a long line at opening, it can take some time until you get out of there.

The Fountains pool was warm enough for me to go in, which was a big plus in November. I hate cold pools and didn’t go in the one at CSR because it wasn’t warm enough. We walked around the resort and saw the other pools, some of which appear to be pretty old. The Fountains, Cascades and Lakes pools were the best in our opinion.

The location was very convenient to the parks and probably the closest we’ve ever stayed to the parks while offsite. While we still think that Marriott’s Grande Vista is the nicest placed we’ve stayed offsite, SVR is a close second and we would stay there again.

We just returned from a week in a 2BR at Sheraton Vistana Resort. We are members of Interval Int'l through our timeshare and we used a "Getaway" to reserve the unit, total cost $502 for the week.

This resort is HUGE. It's very convenient to Downtown Disney and the parks. There is a Wal-Mart less than two miles down the same road for stocking up. There is also a Chick-Fil-A and CiCi's Pizza very close; Bahama Breeze, Landry's, and other nicer restaurants are also very close. Beware the Chevron gas station on the corner near the entrance. They don't post their gas prices and they are VERY high. Also beware the gas station across the road from the entrance. They post one cash price on their sign, but their credit/debit prices are quite a bit more, also unadvertised. We gassed up at the Hess on Disney property.

We had 8 people sharing a unit — 7 adults and one child. We were also traveling with another couple and before the trip we called the Diamond Lane Check-in phone number (found on the Vistana website) to request units close to each other. We were thrilled to find they had put us in units next to each other! We also requested ground floor or elevator access and got ground floor.

Check-in was fast (if you've pre-registered via the Diamond Lane found at the link above, bypass the looong registration line and go to the Diamond Lane at the far end of the lobby).

Our unit was in Lakes Bldg 1, ground floor. It overlooked the pool. There was some pool noise in the mornings, but it was pretty quiet in the evenings.

The unit was newly renovated and very nice. The beds/pillows/sheets were comfortable, and we had a lot of room even with 8 people.

There is free wifi at the resort. There is also a business center (closes 11pm). I was going to use it one night to print a confirmation page from email, but they wanted 25¢ per minute of computer use plus 75¢ per page to print, and you had to pre-purchase a card loaded with the amount of money you thought you'd spend. So we skipped that, totally not worth the hassle.

We weren't in the units very much, but the 4yo with us enjoyed the playground and the pools a couple times. We didn't visit the restaurants or use their delivery service.

Here are photos of our room -- larger photos accessible at this link.

--------

Master Bedroom (1 King)

Living/Dining area

Kitchen

2nd Bedroom/ Bath

Patio/Parking

Lobby

Just found your review. The resort looks beautiful. I had a question as to whether there were interior or exterior entrances to the rooms. Also is the ground floor patio screened in?

Should we call and request a particular set of buildings in advance? We have a 2 br booked. THX

I have went over the link above for hours and can't find where you register for the diamond lane. Someone please help me!!

This thread is about Sheraton Vistana Resort, which is located on 535 not far from Downtown Disney.

Sheraton Vistana Villages is located on the southern part of International Drive and is a little farther away from the Disney Parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter