Sheraton Vistana Resort or Silver Lake???

Limom19

Earning My Ears
I have the option of booking a 2BR at Sheraton Vistana or a 3BR at Silver Lake. I'm wondering which is the best option for traveling to the parks, updated rooms and easy access to the pools at either resort. Thank you!!!

Sheraton is pretty, has lots of pools and very resort-y (if that's a word). Silver Lake is pretty when you drive in but the landscaping not as nice. The pools at Silver Lake are nice but Sheraton's seemed nicer. The Silver Lake location is right next to Animal Kingdom Lodge and that's hard to beat. One thing about Silver Lake is depending on if you have a 10 or 12 person 3 bedroom the layout may affect how you like things if your children are young. http://www.silverlakeresort.com/unitsfloorplans/

We're staying at Silver Lake our next visit because my husband loves the location.

Both resorts are just outside of Disney property and minutes to get where you want. Have stayed at Sheraton many times and would not hesitate to return.

Either one is a good choice (we actually own at both), agree with all the statements above. But, we almost always stay at Vistana as it is the nicer more luxurious resort. But it will be much less expensive to get a 3BR at SLR than to get 2 units at SVR, and it's not much of a step down (RCI rates both resorts "Gold Crown").

the traffic by Vistana is insane!
Been going for years and never found that. Going a bit North of the resort on 535 near I-4 it gets pretty bad often, but there is no reason to go North to get to anything, learned that pretty quick on our first trip.

Funny, cause that's one of the things I don't like about SLR - the traffic on Irlo Bronson is always soooo sloooow.

Have also stayed at both. I really like the Silver Points location - the key is to stay off Irlo Bronson - and come in the back way (Sherbeth Rd). No traffic that way, and you come into the side of the resort. Never really hit any traffic coming to/from Vistana and the parks either, and we go in the summer.

The other comments are spot on - the Vistana unit was more comfortable and the grounds are more resort-like. Both are nice off-site properties, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either again.

We'll likely be at Silver Points this summer, as Vistana has a 1 in 4 rule, so it's off the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter