Sheraton Vistana Resort and Sheraton Vistana Villas ?

Disney grandma

DIS Veteran
I know the resort is in LBV and the villas on I 4, but is there a difference in the two? I think this was asked awhile back but I couldn't find the thread for it.

We've stayed at both and they are both VERY nice and I would highly recommend them. The villages are newer and more modern, and not as widespread as the resort. The resort is alot bigger and has many pools. I believe they are in the process of renovating the villas there,-not quite sure how many are done? Having stayed at both I prefer the resort. It is very close to the parks, and there seems to be more going on there. They have plenty of activities and other scheduled events going on everyday. The villages seemed to be more laid back, quieter...not as many pools and less recreation going on. Since we were constantly at the disney parks, it was ALOT easier to get there from the resort than the villages. Also, there were more restaurants/shops/fastfood/groceries near the resort. The villages seemed to be 'out of the way'. However, both Sheratons are very nice, clean, well kept and the services were excellent each time we went! We've always enjoyed our stays there.:goodvibes

Thank you for the information. I have the resort booked at a very low price for a 2 bedroom and have been rethinking my decision. Your review makes me think I will keep our reservation. I do like interior corridors to the rooms but the resort looks so beautiful on the web site that it may not matter. However, someone said they had stayed there and it didn't look like the pictures on the website. I guess I will have to make a decision soon and stick with it.

For what it's worth, today we booked the Sheraton Vistana resort for a March 2010 stay. We booked a 1BR villa. I was told by a woman who answered the phone at the resort front desk that all sections of the resort with the 1BR (and 2BR) villas had been renovated except for a part of the Cascades section, and that was due to be completed in February 2010.

By the way, about a week ago I had my trusty AAA rep price out a 6-night stay at AllStarMusic family suites with 6-day park hoppers for my famly of 5, as well as trying it with 2 adjoining standard rooms (rather than the suite). Suite came to about $3100. Two adjoining rooms knocked it down to $2800 or thereabouts. Adding the standard dining plan for 2 adults, 1 junior and 2 children (3-9) added about $900 or so to that total.

Last night, I received an e-mail from Starwood indicating a special at Sheraton Vistana Resort for American Express cardholders. Typically my family enjoys staying on-site at Disney, but we had considered the Vistana resort a number of years ago, so I thought I'd click through to check the offer -- even though I remembered online reviews indicated that the Vistana resort was beginning to show its age. The Starwood/Amex offer was borderline absurd -- the all-in (taxes, charges, etc.) price for a 6-night stay in a 1BR villa was $450. Plus they throw in a $300 resort credit. Once I did a bit more research, I learned that renovation of all the villas was well underway, the reviews had been very positive, and the villa renovations were due to be completed before our visit. If we buy our park hopper tix at an "official" online discounter, the total comes to about $1800 -- a whopping $1000 savings over the on-site cost of hotel/tix, even with the AAA discount.

Still not written in stone, but if we head to Disney this March, we'll be trying out the (hopefully newly and completely renovated) Vistana resort villas.

The Starwood/Amex offer was borderline absurd -- the all-in (taxes, charges, etc.) price for a 6-night stay in a 1BR villa was $450. Plus they throw in a $300 resort credit.
Double check to make sure that doesn't require a "presentation".

It probably doesn't, but it never hurts to check.

After reading some reviews about pushy timeshare pitches (particularly on TripAdvisor), I double-checked the fine print - no presentation.

Do you mind sharing the contents of the email? We are Starwood members and just signed up for the emails but they say "Thank you for subscribing to Starwood Vacation Ownership's Vacation Inspiration email newsletter with the latest information on vacation specials, announcements, and purchasing information. You will receive a Vacation Inspiration email every 6 to 8 weeks."

Does it just say to call the same number as the other offers they have online?

Thanks very much.

I double-checked the fine print - no presentation.
I didn't think it would---Starwood generally just wants to get you into the unit, and figures that will pique your interest if you have any---but you never know, particularly given the collapse in timeshare sales industry-wide over the past year.

Wahoolio is correct in the assessment above. I would not cancel those reservations as you are getting such a value. The 1 bedroom normally goes for $199+ and the 2 bedroom for 299+ in high demand season. The pictures actually do not do justice to the place with 7 swimming pools, tennis courts, mini golf, and much more activities plus grocery store, restaurants, beautiful ponds, wild life, activities, etc. etc. I stay there almost every year and would recommend Sheraton Vistana to anyone who is interested. The staff and visitors are very friendly and helpful. :thumbsup2

Just returned from a week stay at Vistana Resorts. We have stayed there before and will stay again if the opportunity is right.
We were in a newly remodeled 2 brm unit in the Falls section, directly across from 1 of the pool areas. Unit was very nice, somewhat dark, and updated really well. Have stayed in older units on past trips and the remodel is fantastic!

Only request we made was for a ground floor unit. Request was granted.
Now for the 1 and only rant- every nite we returned to unit the message lite on phone was lit. All messages( several per nite) were about free breakfast or free this or that just to come talk to them. I returned the calls the first nite and explained we werent interested and that nothing would change our minds, yet they still called and called. Easy answer is to not retrieve messages or answer phone, but what if you were to get calls from family or friends?

The rate we got thru RCI was less than 350 for the week, and didnt require a "presentation". For that price Ill put up with the sales calls!!

I agree with the aggravating phone. That's new because prior to my two week stay this October, I never had that problem. I too was a bit disconcerted about having to retrieve messages every day. My phone kept repeating the deleted messages. I finally got fed up and asked the front desk to erase all my messages. Then it started again and I simply put a towel over the little red light. Problem solved. :idea:

I finally got fed up and asked the front desk to erase all my messages. Then it started again and I simply put a towel over the little red light. Problem solved. :idea:

:laughing: Never underestimate the ingenuity of a DIS member!

Our version of handling the calls from timeshare sales staff started after our first timeshare experience back in 1997 (at Vistana Resorts, as it happens). One of the first things that I do once we get to our villas is to unplug the phones. That's led to a couple dozen very pleasant timeshare stays! And anyone who we want to talk with has our cell phone numbers so no need for the villa's landlines.

Dick Taylor

We've stayed at the Vistana Resort on four different trips. I've never stayed at the Village. I usually rent from timeshare owners to save some money over retail if I'm doing a seven night stay. I use Redweek.com and TUG2.net to find owners who are renting. For shorter stays I've done retail. Our last stay was Christmas 2008 in two two-bedroom remodeled units in the Falls section. This is a lovely resort -- great activities, ammenities, and landscaping, and the remodeled units are really nice (They did a great job.).

What I always do when I check in, and no one calls me is say "I don't like to be disturbed with phone calls on my vacation and don't want to receive any calls about attending a timeshare presentation. Please tell me right now if I can count on not being called. If that's not the case I want to disconnect our phones as soon as I go to our rooms. " This seems to do the job. In fact I now do this at check in whenever I'm staying at a timeshare resort with the exception of places that are totally sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter