Sheraton resort villas vs Sheraton Villages

jennf

Mouseketeer
We own DVC and will be staying 6 nights at AKL. We are looking to add two nights at the beginning of our December trip in a 2 bedroom at either the Sheraton villas or villages.

I know one is closer to Springs and one is on i drive. Either location works for us as we will be going to Sea World and Disney Springs on those 2 days. Looking for insite on condition of rooms/resorts. Which one do you prefer? Is one in better condition/newer or refurbished recently?

There are threads for both resorts in the reviews section here. Check them out for photos.

Marriott/Sheraton have kept up with maintenance and refurbishment at both resorts. I would put that as a wash for both, @dioxide45 has stayed at both recently and has posted Youtube videos and reviews here.

General comparison, SVR is the larger of the two resorts and has a few more amenity options based on size. SVR is also the older of the two resorts. The older sections at SVR generally have larger units in a much lower density footprint (think townhomes). These have all been refurbished and have very modern finishes. The newer sections at SVR and all of SVV are taller building with a much larger density of villas. These buildings all have elevators (the older 2 and 3-story buildings at SVR are walk-ups) which is an advantage to some, but you will also be parking in a lot rather than directly at your door as you do in the older sections.

SVV will be closer to SeaWorld, SVR is closer to DS.

You can't really go wrong with either one. I would let pricing be your guide.

We have stayed at both. We prefer Vistana Resort since it's closer to Disney and easy access - plus grocery store and restaurants nearby. Will you have a car? It's a must if you stay offsite - imo. Check out the Vistana Resort thread under the reviews section on disboards (top of the Orlando discussion). We just got back from a newly renovated one bedroom at Vistana Resort, and I posted pictures. The renovations were really nice. And the suite was really big.

We have stayed at both. We prefer Vistana Resort since it's closer to Disney and easy access - plus grocery store and restaurants nearby. Will you have a car? It's a must if you stay offsite - imo. Check out the Vistana Resort thread under the reviews section on disboards (top of the Orlando discussion). We just got back from a newly renovated one bedroom at Vistana Resort, and I posted pictures. The renovations were really nice. And the suite was really big.
I was going to send her to the thread as well..
www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/page-120

I personally like the vistana better, newer.
Really close to SeaWorld.. I took the itrolly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!