Shenanigans, Tomfoolery & Mayhem, Oh My! A Christmas/New Year's TR (New 6/12!)

Well, I am joining late - but glad I found your TR through another TR.

Enjoying reading all the adventures so far. Nice pictures, great descriptives with a good mix of happy and not so happy. :) I love DIS-reality. We all know the good always outweighs the bad, and in the end it's the good that is remembered.

I love how all of you are having fun with one another, yet if one needs to stay back it doesn't bring anyone else down and the person needing rest doesn't have to feel guilty.

I have to say, the BBB for Brianna has to be my favorite that I've ever read. She was so ecstatic and appreciative!!! :wizard: For her to tell the CM about her Aunt and her knee and could she have an extra wand is priceless. How very sweet! :love:

Looking forward to more posts. Read you soon :surfweb:

How sweet that Gabriel arranged a Valentine's trip for you! How could anyone not love the beach club? It's so lovely.:cloud9:

Did you find that the "limited time magic" is pretty bland as far as the promotions go? I've been reading a lot of about that recently.

What a nice day for Brianna! I'm so glad that it was magical for her. And, how adorable is it that she brought you a wand? So sweet.

I've wanted to stay at BC forever...now I want to go back and stay forever! :rotfl:

Yes, I'm pretty unimpressed with the limited time magic events so far. I was disappointed that True Love consisted of a big banner over the train station arch and two photo opps. It was cool to have a chance to meet Disney couples, but lines were sooooo long I can't imagine waiting over an hour for a picture!

I was very touched that Brianna thought to get me a wand...it was so thoughtful!

How sweet of Gabriel to arrange the Valentine's Day trip for you!!! :goodvibes Despite the rain, it looks like you had a wonderful day!

What a fun magical day for Brianna! It's too bad you weren't able to have dinner with them in the castle, but it sounds like she still made it special for you! :goodvibes She sounds like a really awesome girl!

We did have fun....after all, a rainy day at MK beats a sunny day some place else!

I thought it was really sweet of her to think of me...she's full of surprises!

I had to skip the last update... ya know, New Fantasyland and all, but HOORAY for a new one!

Aww! That was so sweet of Gabriel to plan that for yall. It sounds like a great trip! I mean... BEACH CLUB! And the True Love Week looks so cute! It is too bad that it rained and you missed meeting Eugene... but I'm sure you'll be able to someday!

"Embrace the silliness or stay off the boats" -- TOTALLY. I don't understand people who sit there with grouchies on their faces. Like... what pooped on you? This ride is supposed to be corny. That's the beauty of it. :thumbsup2 Silly people.

It is too bad that yall weren't feeling dinner, but hey... at least it saved money? :-)laughing:) It sounds like Brianna had an amazing experience though which is wonderful!

LOL...I hope you get to see New Fantasyland in person VERY SOON...you must be having a hard time avoiding pictures and descriptions!

Beach Club is everything I thought it would be, and now I want to go back and stay longer! I hope I'll get to meet Eugene again someday, but there was no way I could meet him looking so bedraggled! :lmao:

Jungle Cruise is one of my favorites...sometimes I look at people who aren't feeling it and wonder if they knew what they were signing up for. I want to stand up and say, "Come on, people, this is great stuff here...laugh already!"

LOL..we were saving up some serious TS credits...I didn't know how we were going to use them all!

Okay a quick recap on my feelings from the last couple of posts.

Boo! to everyone not making rope drop.

Yay! for BOG.

YAY! for Bee having the BEST. DAY. EVER!

Boo! For being tired and having to leave before CRT.

YAY! For Boatwright's.

YAY! For a Disney Valentine's!

YAY! For Gabriel getting sucked in more and more with every trip.

And mostly, YAY for living close enough to the world wo go almost whenever you want!

YAY! for having more yays than boos! :rotfl:

Boatwrights is one of my favorite places...I don't get why more people don't go there, while at the same time loving that I can almost always get in on short notice!

I really am very fortunate to live so close...I try to never take it for granted!

Well, I am joining late - but glad I found your TR through another TR.

Enjoying reading all the adventures so far. Nice pictures, great descriptives with a good mix of happy and not so happy. :) I love DIS-reality. We all know the good always outweighs the bad, and in the end it's the good that is remembered.

I love how all of you are having fun with one another, yet if one needs to stay back it doesn't bring anyone else down and the person needing rest doesn't have to feel guilty.

I have to say, the BBB for Brianna has to be my favorite that I've ever read. She was so ecstatic and appreciative!!! :wizard: For her to tell the CM about her Aunt and her knee and could she have an extra wand is priceless. How very sweet! :love:

Looking forward to more posts. Read you soon :surfweb:

:welcome: I'm glad you're here!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could check our human foibles at the arch and have a perfectly perfect time at WDW? On second thought, I think it's the imperfections in life that make it interesting, so bring on the DIS-reality!

We agreed before the trip that we wouldn't stay glued together, and it worked well. When we were all together, it was because we wanted to be, and it made it even more fun!

Thank you! Brianna had a really magical BBB experience, and I'm glad that came through in the pictures and storytelling. She really surprised me with that wand...its one of my prized possessions now!

Day 4, Chapter 22—Recovering from the Magic

"The only people who grow old were born old to begin with."
The Bishop’s Wife

Unfortunately, I didn’t sleep well; and the next morning my knee was swollen and tender and sounded like someone was stepping on a box of Rice Krispies when I moved it.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

I was awake at an ungodly early hour and crept around the room getting dressed. Let ol’ grumpy sleep (he’s a morning grump, but he’s my morning grump) is my policy. I love, love, love, LOVE POR early in the morning…so serene, so beautiful, so perfect!

80cf08d8-e793-413f-a720-ebcd7615ed1e_zps94391286.jpg

29169b66-5b04-4b21-bbea-7c9079d7fd93_zpse4e818b1.jpg

DSCF0099_zps05865dec.jpg

DSCF0096_zpsf59cc08a.jpg

0acd3257-6e32-42c2-973a-d2464061a628_zpsa97854c7.jpg

I was kind of obsessed with these horse posts…who knows why!

DSCF0110_zps0ac63404.jpg

DSCF0108_zpsb23025fe.jpg

4652389f-e9d8-47c6-9ce1-7a6b67443136_zpse90c4dbf.jpg

When I got back to the room, Gabriel was awake and sufficiently civil to communicate that he was in the mood for a “real” breakfast. As opposed to the “fake” breakfast they serve at the food court I suppose. I was doubtful about snagging a same day breakfast ADR, but nothing beats a try but a failure; so I got online just in case today was our lucky day.

Surprisingly, we had not one but two places to choose from: Olivia’s (OKW), and Captain’s Grille (YC). Naturally Gabriel had to do an in-depth menu comparison. I chose to use the time to fix my face because I knew once he made up his mind, he wouldn’t want me dilly-dallying and standing between him and a real breakfast.

Ultimately, timing was the primary contributing factor; and we chose…Olivia’s! I’d never set foot on OKW property and looked forward to seeing it. Gabriel was just excited about the food. To save time, we decided to drive over; and soon we were buckled up in White Lightnin’ (my car, so named because SOME PEOPLE think I have a lead foot) and on our way.

---Continued in next post---

----Continued from previous post---

Day 4, Chapter 23—Recovering from the Magic
(continued)

Welcome to Olivia’s!

28bc06a3-c85e-4542-b3af-df5e1fc8daac_zps9a7c95c7.jpg

I liked Olivia’s from the moment I stepped through the door. The mismatched chairs, family photos crowding the walls, paddle fans whirring softly overhead, and beachy décor felt like home to this Florida native. It was by no means crowded, and the feeling was relaxed and easy. People were chatting, lingering over their coffee…you know, just chillin’…no one here was rushing to get anywhere…very much like the real Key West, which is the most laid back place I’ve ever been.

e939a683-5bf5-4f04-a2ae-bbef8bed0fce_zps0a03d267.jpg

Oyster.com

5faf5930-4bad-4491-826d-3c3b773ce94c_zps78741241.jpg

WhimsicalWorldTravel.com

70ce5985-fc5d-45cf-b300-faee337e699a_zps35125422.jpg

DisneyWebContent.com

Agreeing to share, we ordered one of each of the crab cake eggs Benedict and the banana bread French toast.

Crab Cake Eggs Benedict —two poached eggs with two crab cakes on an English muffin with key lime hollandaise

Banana Bread French Toast—topped with Bahamian banana rum butter sauce, coconut cream, and a choice of bacon, sausage, or ham

Mercy me, this was some good food…one of the best breakfasts I’ve had at Disney World. If they’d only serve The Puffed from Crystal Palace and macadamia nut pancakes from Kona Café, I’d never have to eat breakfast anyplace else. I will say that the banana bread French toast was sweet and about as rich as Donald Trump, and I was glad I got the rum butter sauce on the side (on the side is a big thing with me) because I could dip the tiniest bit onto the corner of my bite; and it was perfect. The crab cake eggs Benedict were very good, too, and the key lime hollandaise sauce was quite a treat for the palate. Gabriel LOVED the food, so much so that this breakfast made his top five meals list. Olivia’s is definitely a place we’ll return to!

After breakfast, we walked out to the pool and then took a drive around the resort. Although it’s very pretty, it felt more like a condo community than a resort. The pool isn’t overly themed, but I love the Mickey detail on the slide.

1fe6c3b6-23f0-4d20-9cd4-d5e499abcb4f_zps002ec364.jpg

Gabriel likes lighthouses (they’re like him, strong and resolute), so he was happy to have one to take about 6,562 pictures of, only one of which I’ll post here.

3787d9b5-30a4-4e84-8013-486fbcde3940_zpsd5b918f1.jpg

Up Next: Gone Fishin’

Your early morning POR pictures are so pretty!

Ahhh, what luck that yall were able to get an ADR... and even better that it was so enjoyable! Sounds great!

P.S. I'm so glad you called it 'The Puffed.' (As it should be.) :lmao:

Your early morning photos of POR are stunning! You are making me so excited to stay there! I do hope that your photos were taken from the safety of your scooter. I know knee problems, and that doesn't sound good.

Olivias sounds lovely! I've always wanted to see/visit/stay at OKW-I'm certain that the laid back beach community vibe would suit me. It's only suites though isn't it? Maybe if I ever convince Bryan to buy into DVC...:scratchin

I have ALWAYS been curious to try Olivia's for breakfast - your meal there looks really good!! It's always a bit out of the way for us, but it sounds worth it!

Just glanced through your TR~! Loved the details that you have on the POR Royal Rooms. Now, I need to go back and stay there all over again, as I know I missed some of those details!

Your niece is beautiful! Loved the BBB makeover!

Thanks for sharing!

Those morning pictures look amazing!!! It just looks so gorgeous there!!!

Olivia's looks so fun!! I really need to get there one of these trips!

Joining in- better late than never! I'm loving your TR and your sense of humor. Your sarcasm has actually made me laugh out loud a few times! :rotfl2: Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Just catching up...

Love Brianna's BBB appointment. She looks beautiful and you can tell from the look on her face just how much she enjoyed her experience. She's so very sweet to think of you and get you a wand. Those are the kind of moments that just warm my heart and make the trip worth it IMO.

Since I am looking at going to MK on the day after Christmas this year, how long would you say the waits were. We are rope drop people and will get there for EMH too. Also what time did you eat at BOG. I am hoping to get an ADR for dinner, but need a back up plan for lunch just in case.

Your pics of POR are gorgeous. I'm so excited for our trip and staying in a RGR, though it is such a long way away.

Your early morning POR pictures are so pretty!

Ahhh, what luck that yall were able to get an ADR... and even better that it was so enjoyable! Sounds great!

P.S. I'm so glad you called it 'The Puffed.' (As it should be.) :lmao:

Thank you!

I know...I was pretty surprised! Just a little extra pixie dust!

LOL...it will only be The Puffed to me from now on!

Your early morning photos of POR are stunning! You are making me so excited to stay there! I do hope that your photos were taken from the safety of your scooter. I know knee problems, and that doesn't sound good.

Olivias sounds lovely! I've always wanted to see/visit/stay at OKW-I'm certain that the laid back beach community vibe would suit me. It's only suites though isn't it? Maybe if I ever convince Bryan to buy into DVC...:scratchin

Thank you! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did! I definitely took the photos from the scooter...I can't wait until I have my strong, bendable knee back.

Olivia's was wonderful and is highly recommended! I don't know if OKW is only suites, but I think I've heard that, too. Ah, DVC ownership is something I aspire to, too!

I have ALWAYS been curious to try Olivia's for breakfast - your meal there looks really good!! It's always a bit out of the way for us, but it sounds worth it!

Olivia's is out of the way for sure; but if you an squeeze it in, I highly recommend it!

Just glanced through your TR~! Loved the details that you have on the POR Royal Rooms. Now, I need to go back and stay there all over again, as I know I missed some of those details!

Your niece is beautiful! Loved the BBB makeover!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!

The BBB makeover was a lot of fun and worth the cost...once! :lmao:

Those morning pictures look amazing!!! It just looks so gorgeous there!!!

Olivia's looks so fun!! I really need to get there one of these trips!

Thank you! POR really is gorgeous...like stepping back in time!

Olivia's was great...a little out of the way; but if you can fit it in, go!

Joining in- better late than never! I'm loving your TR and your sense of humor. Your sarcasm has actually made me laugh out loud a few times! :rotfl2: Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Thanks for joining in! LOL...I'm glad I made you laugh...sarcasm is my second language!

Just catching up...

Love Brianna's BBB appointment. She looks beautiful and you can tell from the look on her face just how much she enjoyed her experience. She's so very sweet to think of you and get you a wand. Those are the kind of moments that just warm my heart and make the trip worth it IMO.

Since I am looking at going to MK on the day after Christmas this year, how long would you say the waits were. We are rope drop people and will get there for EMH too. Also what time did you eat at BOG. I am hoping to get an ADR for dinner, but need a back up plan for lunch just in case.

Your pics of POR are gorgeous. I'm so excited for our trip and staying in a RGR, though it is such a long way away.

The BBB experience was everything I hoped for...and more! It really was sweet of her to get me the wand...you're right, it's one of my favorite memories of the trip!

The waits were CRAZY LONG, especially for the headliner rides in each park. Definitely plan to be there at rope drop, and use FP...it will save your life! If you plan to see ETWB, run, don't walk, to New Fantasyland as soon as you get into MK. The lines were especially out of control for that attraction. We also toured "backwards" whenever we could.

I just read on another site that EMH are going away, but I don't know exactly when. It bums me out because using EMH on our trip was HUGE in getting stuff done.

We went to BoG around 2:30, after the lunch rush. Good luck getting the dinner ADR...I want to go back for dinner SO BAD!

Welcome! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Day 4, Chapter 24—Gone Fishin’

“I'll just be hanging around the mistletoe, hoping to be kissed.”
(Love Actually)​

Today was Earl and Lenny’s anniversary; and as a treat Lenny and I had booked the boys a fishing excursion.

In spite of the fact that I asked if they had the camera and they assured me that they did, I have zero photos of said excursion. I think you, my readers, deserve an explanation. I could make it short and sweet, but why not take this opportunity to have a little fun with it? I read a lot, and everything I read is not Shakespeare, Austen, or Tolstoy. Oh, heck, I may as well admit it…I enjoy a good bodice ripper, a.k.a. romance novel. So in honor of all the bubblegum for the brain books I’ve read, here goes…

(No worries, it’s DIS friendly!)

The door opened, and he walked in looking a little rumpled and windblown, every inch the Latin heartthrob. His chocolate brown eyes crinkled around the edges as he gave her one of his guaranteed-to-make-your-heart-flip-over grins; and, right on cue, her heart flip flopped, even after all these years. He crossed the room, leaned down to give her a quick kiss, nodded toward her leg, which was propped up on a pillow, and said, “How’s the knee?”

“Comme ci, comme ça,“ she said, showing off her very limited command of French with a shrug. “So, how was it? Did you have fun? Did you catch anything?” Before he could answer, she held out her hand, palm up. “Camera, please.”

A look of bewildered confusion crossed his face. Anyone else would have totally bought it, but she knew him too well, and her eyes narrowed with suspicion, darkening to the same gray as the sky when a storm is brewing.

“Camera?” he said, adding a dash of oblivious and a smidge of innocent.

“Do not toy with me,” she threatened. “I want to see the pictures.” He still look puzzled “The pictures you promised faithfully to take,” she added, giving him her patented you-are-in-a-lot-of-trouble-mister scowl. “For my trip report.”

The faux confusion vanished. “I forgot the camera,” he admitted, offering her another grin, but this time she resisted. “Sorry, baby.” The completely unapologetic twinkle in his eyes, however, said otherwise.

She took a deep, cleansing breath. “What about your phone? Did you at least get a picture of the boat?”

“I’m sure everyone on those dizzy boards you’re so fond of has seen the fishing boats a hundred times.”

She shot him a warning look. “Don’t be cute. It’s DIS boards, and you know it.” She sighed pitifully and puffed out her bottom lip. She’d learned long ago to never underestimate the power of the pout. “I was depending on you. I’m stuck here, in pain, with a bad knee; and I ask you to do one little thing for me….”

He had the nerve to laugh.

“Nice pout, Laura Lee…too bad I’m impervious.” They both knew it wasn’t true; but she gave in grudgingly and laughed, too. She’d never been good at whining anyway. “Not everyone has an unhealthy obsession with taking pictures of Disney World,” he reminded her.

“It’s not unhealthy,” she insisted, but he kissed her again; and, to her surprise, she discovered that the pictures weren’t all that important after all.

End scene (let’s pretend that it happened just like that, OK?).

Earl and Gabriel enjoyed the excursion but agreed it wasn’t particularly something they’d want to do again. My understanding is that fish were caught and a good time was had by all. I imagine the fish had an especially good time since they all got thrown back in the river!

Up Next: Splishin’, Splashin’, Swimmin’, Slidin’….

---Continued in next post---

Day 4, Chapter 25—Splishin’, Splashin’, Swimmin’, Slidin’

“The thing about trains... it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on.”
The Polar Express​

I spent the time while they were fishing resting and icing my knee. Mom and Bee hung out with me, but I don’t know where Lenny was. She really enjoyed having her alone time, something that she gets very little of at home…to each her own!

Beezer had fun going through my pins…she was in awe that I had four lanyards…if she only knew about all the ones I left at home! She arranged them in different groups and then rearranged them again and again. She said I should stick them into the wall at home (um, no) so I could look at them all the time, and I told her I was thinking about getting a bulletin board to hang in my office for just that purpose. Great minds think alike!

When the boys returned, she sweet talked Gabriel into taking her to the pool (it wasn’t hard), and I suggested that we go down to POFQ and try out Doubloon Lagoon. Earl and Lenny had to run out to get something…I’ve never known people so willing to leave Disney property…so Gabriel, Mom, Bee, and I took the path between resorts. It was a really pretty walk…the day was brisk and cool, but nothing a hoodie couldn’t combat.

The POFQ pool is very colorful...

b622fb97-530c-4052-8780-836150b5a01e_zps55d7a3d1.jpg

Beezer (and Gabriel) competed in the Water Slide Olympics and deemed the slide “OK”, while the Ol’ Man Island slide was gold medal worthy!

dfd1b650-7c86-4b0c-8d2c-63bdea7d7cc9_zps96e5a16a.jpg

ac3442e1-1303-4f38-af12-fc9c51e67763_zpsfecc30c9.jpg

0ca8af55-d4af-4121-bbb2-985d5eb51a17_zps0975f630.jpg

I love this photo…caught in a moment of perfect happiness!

c742107c-6b10-4f27-94f6-8c92d3f8dde6_zps8db736a5.jpg

479b094a-0be0-4818-a538-0ef3f1f4f186_zps27690c2e.jpg

e9879e67-8dd2-4ba7-931f-9edd7a9f85ff_zpsabbf43ce.jpg

Bee decorated a Mardi Gras mask and marched in the parade around the pool, handing out brightly colored beaded necklaces…and I didn’t even have to flash anyone!

8d8e9584-da38-47ef-9d47-e6a1923f04f7_zps0a240799.jpg

Having worked up an appetite with all that sliding, swimming, marching, and bead distributing, we hit the food court for cheese pizza and beignets. The POFQ food court is pretty standard, and we were definitely spoiled by POR; but the beignets are awesome!

c74c276b-fb79-4465-9d76-200289667b52_zps7c29863a.jpg

After lunch, Bee showed the local musicians some love….

b7a7ee93-fff0-474a-9e9d-6568858d76d8_zpse5de608f.jpg

8d078f1a-bd91-408c-ae7c-d339c03f23c9_zpsf25d66e7.jpg

cf88630d-270f-4e35-ba8e-27a7921a8041_zps960f17cf.jpg

By then, it was time to head back to POR so Brianna could see her mom and dad before they set off on their Adults only Anniversary Adventure. She hitched a ride with Mom, who was happy to have an excuse to turn the scooter up to rabbit mode, but Gabriel and I enjoyed a leisurely stroll/roll…

604ac074-74a4-4a6a-add3-e90933efcf63_zps65b81d5b.jpg

be5be893-3727-445f-9e3f-cd6533ab3f0f_zps6047eb57.jpg

9d5a5d3b-49db-4f6c-ab08-15088b56fbf7_zps0593b509.jpg

OK, this is how OCD I am…it totally bothers me that the flower bed and fountain are off center in the picture above!

Up Next: Adventures in Beezersitting…

Bahaha, your adult novel. Too funny. :lmao: And you can tell Gabriel that I, in fact, have not seen hundreds of pictures of fishing boats on the dizzy boards. In fact... I don't think I've even seen one! (THAT'LL SHOW HIM!)

The Port Orleans area looks so stinking pretty... you have me really wanting to stay there, I must admit!

LOVED your update on the fishing excursion! My bookshelves aren't exactly filled with fine literature either, though mine are mostly chic lit. Lots and lots of pink covers with high heeled shoes. :rotfl:

I too find photos of fishing boats lacking on the Dizzy boards. Never seen a one.

Sounds like a fun afternoon at POFQ! Maddie loves the boring pool over there (not the strongest swimmer that one), and I love the beniegets! They were how I used the majority of our snack credits when we stayed there. I'd love to wander over there while we're at POR, we have such nice memories of our stay there. And, the ladies in the gift shop were outstanding! They remembered us every time we popped in (which was daily. If you think I like shopping you should meet my daughter.)

Looking forward to hearing more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter