Shawn & Belinda's Fairytale DCL VR 05/2009

Bellamickey

DCL Vow Renewal Bride 2009
I'm so excited about starting my planning journal. Been a long wait and finally here!

My name is Belinda and my DH's name is Shawn. We we're married on May 1st, 1999. We both went to highschool together and graduated as highschool sweethearts. It was truly love at first sight. We we're attatched at the hip. We did everything together. Homecomings, prom, you name it. He was the one man that no matter what was going on in life, he always had a way of making me smile. So many people dont stay together these days. Having been together since we we're 16 years old and being married for almost 10 years is such a blessing. We don't have any children as of yet. This is a very difficult situation as I have some trouble getting pregnant. So, its always been just him and I. I would be truly lost without my soul mate. He is my life. Since highschool we have been enjoying our life together and have overcome some of lifes many obstacles. My DH says is has made our love that much stronger. For me, I have learned quickly to take nothing in life for granted and to cherish every moment with my DH.

On May 23, 2006 after two weeks of dealing with neck pain, I unexpectadly started loosing feeling in my arms while at work one day. I had never felt so week. After realizing that I was having trouble typing on the computer, I left work and drove 45 minutes back home and straight to the ER. They have me a slip to fill out with my name and ect. It was then, that I couldn't even write my name. It looked like something from a first grader. What was wrong with me........

My DH rushed to the ER and right by myside where he has always been. They kept me for observation that night, thinking that the pain could possibly be due to signs of a heart attack, especially in women. My pulse rate was 141 and my blood pressure was extremely high.

The next morning, I told my DH to go ahead and go to work, I would be fine as I would probably be going home. As the morning went on, I started to feel weaker. Something wasn't right. I had an ecocardiagram to confirm that my heart was just fine. That was a relief. I, in my heart, new something else was wrong....but what.
I then was taken for an MRI that afternoon at about 1pm. By this time, all of my energy was gone and my legs felt very heavy.

I was taken back to my room and by 1:30 my DH's mom had come up to see me. (my parents we're in Disneyworld with my neices and not here). While I was visiting with my mother in law, at about 1:45pm, 4 doctors came running, litterly into my room.
Belinda, do not move, stay in that position. You are going into emergancy surgury STAT. You have 3 disk in your neck that are severing your spinal cord. You have less than 3 aprx. inches before its fully severed. I asked them what they were telling me, I was scared. If the surgury is not done, you will be a quadrapaligic within 24 hours.
My heart sunk......I was going to end up like superman. I needed my DH. When I told them I needed to use the bathroom and they helped me stand to go before they wheeled me away, it hit. My legs we're giving out. I couldn't even stand.....
My DH left work and came to the hospital but not before I went in....I hated that feeling of not being able to tell him I love him or see him before I went thru this, and I couldn't reach my parents either....
When I awoke after 4 hours of surgury, there was my prince.
He never left my side. He slept in a hospital chair for a week and never left my side. I made it through and I was going to still be walking. I had an angel by my side......
I couldn't return to work for at least a year, so another obstacle, less money. We had to give up our home. It was no longer affordable...boy did that hurt....
So now, we live in any apartment, which is ok, because if we weren't here, then where would I be.
My DH has taken me to Disney,whether it be the world or the cruise, every year on our anniversary. He is truly amazing . After my surgery, he gave me a new diamond. It was breathtaking. He said he wouldn't know what he would have done if something had gone wrong, his heart would be incomplete.
After all we have been through, we have sat back and talked about the one thing, other than god and many prayers and angels, that always helps us through our days. Our answer......our love for Disney.
Whenever we hear disney music, which we do play alot, or we go into our collectable mickey mouse room, we are truly in "a happy place". It makes us smile and it makes us, "us". We honeymooned at the world back when we got married, and what better way to renew our love for eachother than in the realm of Disney.
We couldn' t be more excited about our upcoming vow renewal aboard the Disney Magic. It's been an amazing 10 years, and we're ready for 10 more!!!! :lovestruc

Here is a pic of me and my DH I thought to add to our PJ.:love:

kissface.jpg

WOW!! I'm crying here Bella! What an absolutely beautiful love story!! :love: You two sound so much in love!!!

I can't wait to find out all your plans!!

I saw your dress in the other thread! It's beautiful!!

Have you contacted DFTW yet? What plans do you have so far??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter