sharing my crappy news

karamac

Mouseketeer
we were pulling our 35 tt with our suburban down a major 8 lane hwy when traffic was slowing to a stop, we had a large space in front of us, (as anyone who tows a trailer of this size knows we need) when a lady pulled in front of us and slammed on the brakes well we hit her, our truck was ok, hers was not, she also hit the car in front of her, those people told the police she came out of nowhere and stopped, they felt it was her fault, We were not charged, and I dont think she was either, Now we are being sued by her for $1.5million. I am just sick about this, and the papers we were served with is full of a bunch of untrue crap. SO FRUSTERATED. may put a damper on our 2 wk trip to the fort in october.

Ugh! I'm soooo sorry to hear this. It really does suck, people pull out in front of us all of the time while pulling too. I really hope you win the case as well!

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Hopefully the court will see her for the sue happy witch that she is!

Well...if ya gonna have to pay 1.5mill ANYWAY....ya might as well find out where she lives, pack up the trailer and go make a pull-thru through her home!!!

WOW*** At least the Police reports says she pulled in front ( according to you and the ppl in Front that were hit..... Right?? )

Was it one of the states that say if u hit someone in the back, its your fault no matter what? Maybe that what she thinks,, but it seems you have a police report that says the opposite..

So I dont see what leg she has to stand one.. 2 ppl ( 3 if u include the police report ) against her.

I hope you got the conact info of the other party that got hit as well to help your case...

Keep us posted, especially what the lawyer says!!!!!

Bri

Been there, done that. Was sued for $875,000.00 for an accident my Son had 10 years ago. Took over 3 years to fight and settle.

The papers you received are standard ambulance chasing lawyer dribble that applies whether the lawsuit is for $1.00 or $10,0000.00. It claims they can't walk, talk, see, eat, sleep, spit, scratch, smell, shave, brush their teeth, tie their shoes, button a shirt, now wear a diaper, grow finger nails, take a bath and the final one...loss of consortium. Lawyers hate doing any real work so the form is standard one fits all form.

Hopefully the other party was charged and the report has the witnesses names and addresses so the Company can contact them and everything will turn out okay.

I have to agree with big kahuna1. I think you should forget about the suit for a couple of weeks and enjoy your trip to the Fort. You could be waiting for this to go to court (if it ever does) for a long time.

Been there, done that. Was sued for $875,000.00 for an accident my Son had 10 years ago. Took over 3 years to fight and settle.

The papers you received are standard ambulance chasing lawyer dribble that applies whether the lawsuit is for $1.00 or $10,0000.00. It claims they can't walk, talk, see, eat, sleep, spit, scratch, smell, shave, brush their teeth, tie their shoes, button a shirt, now wear a diaper, grow finger nails, take a bath and the final one...loss of consortium. Lawyers hate doing any real work so the form is standard one fits all form.

Hopefully the other party was charged and the report has the witnesses names and addresses so the Company can contact them and everything will turn out okay.

I agree with BK1. He's the insurance man.

Before I was a SAHM I was an insurance adjuster who dealt with these claims. I wouldn't worry too much about it, although I know it is upsetting! They have to prove damages (injury) to your insurance company. Your insurance company has a whole legal department that just deals with this sort of stuff. They aren't in the business of paying claims that have no merit.

BK1, you missed one. I had a claim where the woman complained that it hurt when she got her hair cut!!!

thanks everyone, we are in Canada, The police said usually the person who does the hitting is at fault, but didnt seem to think so in this case, I dont think any charges were laid at all. Well the insurance company will be looking into it for us but they are on holidays untill next week. Regardless its likely to cost us a small fortune in legal fees.

thanks everyone, we are in Canada, The police said usually the person who does the hitting is at fault, but didnt seem to think so in this case, I dont think any charges were laid at all. Well the insurance company will be looking into it for us but they are on holidays untill next week. Regardless its likely to cost us a small fortune in legal fees.

I am not familiar with Canada...but wouldn't your Auto Liability Insurance cover all of this? You shouldn't have to pay Legal fees.

It's called the swoop and squat. Insurance are cracking down on this scam it's even in the all state commercials. I wouldn't worry about it.

People have no respect for large vehicles, vehicles w/TT, 18 wheelers, etc.
Then because THEY are a bunch of MORONS who don't care or realize how dangerous it is to drive like idiots around heavy load vehicles , they want everyone else to pay for their stupidity !

I"m so sorry this happened to you. I know it doesn't help you, but you can be sure that most folk here understands and would likely side with you.

NO FAULT INSURANCE up here in Ontario. If thats the province your in then she can bite the big one. Unless she is crippled beyond repair she dont have a leg to stand on. Go enjoy your trip. Your lawyers can sort it out. Oh and when this is done and she has failed counter sue for all costs incured. lol

I am so sorry and I hope this turns out for the good for you and your family in the end. We all have been in this situation with stupid people pulling in front of us. I am just so sorry you had an accident. I guess Canada is not immune to ambulance chasers either.:headache:

thanks everyone again, I think the insurance company will be handling it (I hope) but the people I was talking with are somewhat niave about this and we have to wait to hear from the claims department next week. Originally they told me to seek a lawyer. who know.
BTW we are in Ontario, so I hope she "bites the big one" as one poster said.
Campers really are the best group of people. No matter where I am camping, they are always great.

Here's what I would do. On your way down to the fort, get to like NC, pull off at the nearest county seat and declare political asylum here in the US, they won't be able to sue you.:lmao:

I would think your insurance company would handle the entire case. It might not be a bad idea tho to think about getting a lawyer to look out for your interests even if the insurance company is going to handle it. I know a lot of time people will file the law suit so that they can just settle (sometimes it's cheaper on the company to just settle rather then fight the fight)! So she might be trying this!

I can tell you, I have a whole new respect for truck drivers since I bought our motorhome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter