Sharing Meals - Just Wondering

enchantedpixiedust

Old Timer
Hi

My SO and I split meals quite a bit here at home, both fast and slow restaurants. We're planning on using vouchers for quite a few meals on our Sept trip and splitting several of the sit down lunches.

We were curious if the restaurants at WDW have been pretty accomadating for this or if you've rec'd any hassle over it. There are a couple places here where the wait stuff doesn't act pleased when we split, so we were just wondering. :)

Hope everyone is having fun planning!

I'm counting on being allowed to split meals at WDW! From what I've rad here on the Dis, it's not a problem at all. I can't imagine Disney maiking a fuss over it, because they want to make us HAPPY!:jumping1:

We are just back and my Husband and I split many meals. We never had any problems and the wait staff always brought out an extra plate for us. Some of the counter service meals are not large enough to split but many are. We always hung out and looked at peoples trays before we ordered. We also split meals at sit down places and all but once the portions were huge. At the Italian place in EPCOT we couldn't finish the plate! In fact we split so many meals we came home with 5 Q&C vouchers! So I guss that means we 'need' to go back before they expire (I know I could sell them on ebay, but DH has no idea, so shhh!);)

We split lots of meals while on our last trip and no one gave us any problem. We especially liked the "buy a double hamburger/cheeseburger platter plus extra bun" idea. Used that at Beaches and Cream, BB, and MK (Pecos Bills). Doing this dropped the price from approx $6.50 for one meal to $7.00 for 2! We also split dishes at Rainforest Cafe, Japan and UK in WS without difficulty. We didn't split dishes at Blue Zoo but I am willing to bet they would have been accomodating as well!

Dh and I split all the time, no hassles whatsoever! The portions are huge, so that works really well for us. :)

WE have three vouchers for Lunch and have chosen LeCellier. I am begining to wonder if that will be tooooo much food. My older son and I are not big eaters. And it will be so hot at 3PM for a big meal. Do they have a problem splitting at Le Cellier?

Thanks for the responses - this makes me feel a ton better! We wanted to split to both save a little because neither of us are huge eaters plus we figure if we split we could try more places! :)

We shared every meal on our last trip to WDW. At LTT-MK & PTC-MGM they even split them onto different plates without us asking! Not one rude or distasteful look from anyone- we did tip well though.

Please, what are these meal vouchers that I am reading about?
Also, where do you get them?
Thanks

Vouchers may be purchased from hotwire.com. They are good for one entree, side dish, beverage and a dessert at most counter service locations. cost I believe is 11.50 each. If you order the most expensive things you will save big time up to 10.00 on one voucher at some locations. At others it can come out the same as purchasing off menu. You just have to check prices. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter