Sharing idea in case phone is lost

chasenluke

Mouseketeer
So I know this will only work if someone honest finds our phones if we lose them but I still have faith in people.

I have an app that I can make screensavers with names or monograms for our phones. While we are in Disney I am making our lock screen have a screen saver that shows our name and says our resort. If I have room I will add room number when I get it.

My thought is if someone finds our phone when they see lock screen it can be turned in and Cast Members would know where to send it. This could be done with a label as well.

So I know this will only work if someone honest finds our phones if we lose them but I still have faith in people.

I have an app that I can make screensavers with names or monograms for our phones. While we are in Disney I am making our lock screen have a screen saver that shows our name and says our resort. If I have room I will add room number when I get it.

My thought is if someone finds our phone when they see lock screen it can be turned in and Cast Members would know where to send it. This could be done with a label as well.

I'd not put the actual room number, but everything else is fine.

In fact, I'd include the cell phone number of someone else in your party.
Person A's lock screen would have person B's cell number.
Person B's lock screen would have person A's cell number.

I have my husband's phone number on on my lock screen. I have been known to sit my phone down and wander off from it. Since I added it, I haven't lost my phone. So maybe it works better than I thought for me.

I have my husband's phone number on on my lock screen. I have been known to sit my phone down and wander off from it. Since I added it, I haven't lost my phone. So maybe it works better than I thought for me.

I started doing this after I lost my phone on Autopia at DL a couple of years ago. (Seven days at DL, LAST ride during Halloween Party on the LAST day of the trip! Go figure.) As soon as we realized I didn't have it, he texted my phone with a message saying "LOST PHONE! Call xxx-xxx-xxxx." Whoever found it either found it before we did that or just took it straight to a CM. It was at Guest Services within an hour. God bless honest people!! Since then, whenever we go to Disney (or anywhere else out of the norm....I probably should do it all the time), I just write his phone number on a piece of paper, snap a photo of it, and make that my lock screen. Easy peasy.

Definitely do not include your room number! I wouldn't even be completely comfortable with putting a name and a resort.

I would just put:
If found, please call (the number of another person in your party)

That way you're not giving away any personal information and you're probably going to get your phone back a lot sooner.

Years ago I lost my phone on RnR and my husband just called it every few minutes. Eventually, a CM answered it and told me where I could pick it up.

If you have an iPhone, you can ask Siri who the phone belongs to as well. "Hey Siri, who does this phone belong to?" I would suggest doing this to your own phone to see what information comes up. For a lot of people, more information than they are comfortable with comes up.

If you have an iPhone, you can ask Siri who the phone belongs to as well. "Hey Siri, who does this phone belong to?" I would suggest doing this to your own phone to see what information comes up. For a lot of people, more information than they are comfortable with comes up.
I just asked Siri this on my phone and she said "I don't know who it belongs to." How do I set it so she answers with at least my name?

Oh, it has been so long, I am not sure if I even set it up or someone else did. I think you have to have yourself as a contact and then under Settings/Siri/My Info you list yourself.

My nephew lost his phone when I took him to Disney World. We kept checking back at Lost & Found (at Epcot) and by the end of the day someone had turned it in.

I used to make backgrounds of the day's FP+ so I didn't have to login and waste battery.

But, since MDE made everything so unusually large that you can no longer get a screenshot with the day's FP+ and ADR(s) on 1 screen (I "only" have an iPhone 7) there might be a market for wallpapers that easily include that info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter