Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

FEEDBACK #1 - They should have made the room in Savi's Workshop a bit bigger to let families experience this together, though the intimate nature of the experience did make it neat.

NOOOOO....noooooooo, I PRAY that Disney keeps it very limited to the builder and 1 guest, as you are also paying for the personal experience, the 1:1. IF little johnny would have been let in there with other little johnny's, as is typical with Disney, the screaming, need to touch and walk around, complaining on how longer this will go on...... the whole thing would be ruined, IMHO. I have 7 grandkids in total, I would only even consider taking the 3 older ones in, 11+ in age as there would be no mischievous kid behaviors ongoing. So I hope that is strictly enforced in the future and kept this way......

@yulilin3 I saw your daughter tonight working the standby entrance to Smugglers Run! I didn’t say anything bc I didn’t want to creep her out, haha!
I was there last night as well, for just a couple of hours. Mu mom, dad, sister and nephew wanted to go see the land for the first time. She's used to people walking up to her and asking if I'm her mom :D

I was there last night as well, for just a couple of hours. Mu mom, dad, sister and nephew wanted to go see the land for the first time. She's used to people walking up to her and asking if I'm her mom :D
It was so great seeing the land at night! And it was so empty, too! Smugglers Run was a walk on for us 2x. We had planned to do the extra extra magic hours today, but decided to go back this evening instead for more exploration and cooler temperatures.

What was the atmosphere/music like in the morning? You think it might just have been off for opening day? Also, what's "the drinking song"?
I think they had the music playing at a much lower volume, as I was very unaware of it during my morning visit. And as I said, my bartender seemed very NOT into it, which felt odd. I was also pretty tired at that point, and being in what really feels - to me, anyway - like a nightclub/bar at 9am just felt... off! The "drinking song" is Una Duey Dee, with which we all raise our glasses and "sing" (read: yell) along with the chorus, led with much enthusiasm by the bar staff. It was so fun!

Y’all, I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write these reports. Not only are they fascinating to read as I wait for my trip 12/9, but the info within doesn’t seem to be available anywhere else.

I know they take a minute to put together, especially after your brain is fried from a day at the Parks. Super, super appreciated.

NOOOOO....noooooooo, I PRAY that Disney keeps it very limited to the builder and 1 guest, as you are also paying for the personal experience, the 1:1. IF little johnny would have been let in there with other little johnny's, as is typical with Disney, the screaming, need to touch and walk around, complaining on how longer this will go on...... the whole thing would be ruined, IMHO. I have 7 grandkids in total, I would only even consider taking the 3 older ones in, 11+ in age as there would be no mischievous kid behaviors ongoing. So I hope that is strictly enforced in the future and kept this way......
Well there is also a minimum age of 5, so the kids won't all be small. I do think 2 guests to 1 builder might have been nice for odd-numbered families, but I agree more than that would not be good.

Well there is also a minimum age of 5, so the kids won't all be small. I do think 2 guests to 1 builder might have been nice for odd-numbered families, but I agree more than that would not be good.

Imagine 12, 5 year olds in that room, no thanks, it needs to stay as is....

I haven't had a chance to share my story before now but I was there for opening day. My friend woke up at 6:30 am and put us in the virtual queue (we were staying at Saratoga). I got up around 7:30 and we were in boarding group 50 and they were up to 11 I believe at that point. So we hopped in an Uber and got to HS around 8 am. We decided to first get in line to buy opening day merch. We spent about 40 minutes in that line, by the time we got our stuff and got checked out our boarding group had been called and we hustled over to GE.

We actually had reservations for Savis and Oga's for later in the evening so we hadn't planned to go over so early but with the way the boarding groups were being called so rapidly it just worked out that way. So we made the decision to just do a quick look around knowing we could leave and come back later. It was very crowded inside the land at this point, there were lines for everything except for I believe the creature stall. I bought a Porg for my daughter and then just got back to looking around. My buddy decided to wait on line for the popcorn, and I wandered over to the Millennium Falcon just to see what the deal was. At this point I believe the wait time was about 4 hours and there was no single rider line open. I walked down to the entrance to take some pictures and just as I got there they opened the single rider line, so feeling just a little guilty, I left my friend behind and jumped into line. I wound up in line for about 20 minutes (and was dutifully warned about single riders almost always being engineers). I get to the front of the line and an older man on a scooter is next in the regular queue and he's alone, he waited since 6 am just to be a pilot. Being the next in line as a single rider made me the other pilot, so now my guilt for leaving my friend is increased ten fold.

After leaving the ride, and loving it, I got some blue milk with rum and met back up with my buddy who had by this time gotten on the single riders line as well and rode smugglers run after about a 15 minute wait. I tried the virgin blue milk as well and the rum version is far superior in my mind. So we wrapped up our morning visit and went over to Epcot to do some Food and Wine.

Came back to GE for our Savi and Oga trip and rode Smugglers Run as single riders one more time, this time both engineers on the same trip. I actually preferred being an Engineer I felt like I got to watch more of the ride as I wasn't all that concerned with smashing buttons. Savi's was cool and I was just the guest there, 200 bucks for a light sabre is a little outside my comfort zone. Oga's was kind of a hectic mess. They stuffed us into a table with 8 other people, it took 40 minutes just to order and receive our first drink, which wound up being the only drink we ordered because were both just over it at that point. All in all I really enjoyed Galaxy's Edge but there definitely is room for improvement with the experience. More walk around characters would be great for a start. Sorry this was so long.

After experiencing .. the room just isnt built for more than buidler plus guest. So I really dont want them to let more guests in. I just feel it was a design oversight .. they could have maybe built the room to accomodate more guests .. or have some area away from the tables that parents could watch.

I just wish my wife could have experienced this with my son, that is all I am saying. As this is an experience, and not just a place to build a toy, having one parent miss out on the experience is very disappointing. (especially when paying $200).

I wouldnt want it to change, but at the same time, my wife missed something that we probably will never do again (due to the cost).

While this is better than the wand shop at Wizarding World (because every builder is part of the show), it would be fun to have some sort of experience like this that all can enjoy.

After experiencing .. the room just isnt built for more than buidler plus guest. So I really dont want them to let more guests in. I just feel it was a design oversight .. they could have maybe built the room to accomodate more guests .. or have some area away from the tables that parents could watch.

I just wish my wife could have experienced this with my son, that is all I am saying. As this is an experience, and not just a place to build a toy, having one parent miss out on the experience is very disappointing. (especially when paying $200).

I wouldnt want it to change, but at the same time, my wife missed something that we probably will never do again (due to the cost).

While this is better than the wand shop at Wizarding World (because every builder is part of the show), it would be fun to have some sort of experience like this that all can enjoy.

I honestly do not believe it was a " design oversight" but VERY much on purpose. For this to be as personal and such a awesome experience it was designed this way and needs to stay this way as to not ruin it and to have any more in that room would be a big distraction. I totally understand the "want" to have other family members but me personally would never have taken my kids, when they were younger, in there as kids are going to be kids and well stuff happens. I know what you are saying but Disney, please keep it small.....

I haven't had a chance to share my story before now but I was there for opening day. My friend woke up at 6:30 am and put us in the virtual queue (we were staying at Saratoga). I got up around 7:30 and we were in boarding group 50 and they were up to 11 I believe at that point. So we hopped in an Uber and got to HS around 8 am. We decided to first get in line to buy opening day merch. We spent about 40 minutes in that line, by the time we got our stuff and got checked out our boarding group had been called and we hustled over to GE.

We actually had reservations for Savis and Oga's for later in the evening so we hadn't planned to go over so early but with the way the boarding groups were being called so rapidly it just worked out that way. So we made the decision to just do a quick look around knowing we could leave and come back later. It was very crowded inside the land at this point, there were lines for everything except for I believe the creature stall. I bought a around. My buddy decided to wait on line for the popcorn, and I wandered over to the Millennium Falcon just to see what the deal was. At this point I believe the wait time was about 4 hours and there was no single rider line open. I walked down to the entrance to take some pictures and just as I got there they opened the single rider line, so feeling just a little guilty, I left my friend behind and jumped into line. I wound up in line for about 20 minutes (and was dutifully warned about single riders almost always being engineers). I get to the front of the line and an older man on a scooter is next in the regular queue and he's alone, he waited since 6 am just to be a pilot. Being the next in line as a single rider made me the other pilot, so now my guilt for leaving my friend is increased ten fold.

After leaving the ride, and loving it, I got some blue milk with rum and met back up with my buddy who had by this time gotten on the single riders line as well and rode smugglers run after about a 15 minute wait. I tried the virgin blue milk as well and the rum version is far superior in my mind. So we wrapped up our morning visit and went over to Epcot to do some Food and Wine.

Came back to GE for our Savi and Oga trip and rode Smugglers Run as single riders one more time, this time both engineers on the same trip. I actually preferred being an Engineer I felt like I got to watch more of the ride as I wasn't all that concerned with smashing buttons. Savi's was cool and I was just the guest there, 200 bucks for a light sabre is a little outside my comfort zone. Oga's was kind of a hectic mess. They stuffed us into a table with 8 other people, it took 40 minutes just to order and receive our first drink, which wound up being the only drink we ordered because were both just over it at that point. All in all I really enjoyed Galaxy's Edge but there definitely is room for improvement with the experience. More walk around characters would be great for a start. Sorry this was so long.
Thanks for sharing your story! I am encouraged to hear that the single rider in the standby line who was next in line was allowed to be the pilot!

I honestly do not believe it was a " design oversight" but VERY much on purpose. For this to be as personal and such a awesome experience it was designed this way and needs to stay this way as to not ruin it and to have any more in that room would be a big distraction. I totally understand the "want" to have other family members but me personally would never have taken my kids, when they were younger, in there as kids are going to be kids and well stuff happens. I know what you are saying but Disney, please keep it small.....
I think it was on purpose too, but for the purpose if getting more sales out of it. If they didn’t want people bringing kids, they would have adult only hours like they do at trader sams.

I think it was on purpose too, but for the purpose if getting more sales out of it. If they didn’t want people bringing kids, they would have adult only hours like they do at trader sams.
This is probably exactly right!

More sales.......hmmmm, I think the room is 12-14, and my experience took 28 mins with the reported ave time around 20 mins, thats not many people, thats about ~36 per hour at best. Now look at Droid depot, THAT was made for "getting more sales" as 36 could be done every 10 or so mins, that was made that way, Savis nope, it was made to "BE" an experience/event all to itself....

I did Savis today, me as the builder and my 5 year old as a guest. There was a family of 4 next to use building one Saber and honestly I was pissed off. They killed my buzz a bit. I love Star Wars so by default, so does my kid so he was super into it, but I couldn’t understand why this guy had brought his whole family. They were more interested in all getting to play with the parts. I couldn’t switch off and enjoy my experience with my kid because there was just so may of them.

On the other hand, we rode the falcon as a family of 4 and they gave my 3 year old and the 5 year old the pilot positions. Apologies to the party of 2 who volunteered to ride with us. These 2 have had zero experience of piloting and the 3 year old couldn’t reach the controls. I tried to get them to swap with me and their dad but have you ever tried to get a gift back from a 3 year old after it’s been given? That said, it was the most hilarious ride I’ve been on and at least those engineers had lots to do I guess :rolleyes1

I have no doubt they will keep it small. I am sure it was on purpose to have it small. I agree with it from an "experience" standpoint, I just don't agree with it from a family standpoint. But really it is no different than rides with height requirements where the family has to split the experience.

It makes it more exclusive and the "one builder and guest" greatly encourages families to get another droid or another lightsaber where they may have been satisfied with one if they could all participate together. So it was probably a business decision as well.

I didn't mind the setup at the Droid Depot. While not as much of a scripted experience, I was able to stand behind a barrier and watch my family build a BB unit. I cheated a bit and sent both kids with my wife since they don't take up space like an extra adult.

I have no doubt they will keep it small. I am sure it was on purpose to have it small. I agree with it from an "experience" standpoint, I just don't agree with it from a family standpoint. But really it is no different than rides with height requirements where the family has to split the experience.

It makes it more exclusive and the "one builder and guest" greatly encourages families to get another droid or another lightsaber where they may have been satisfied with one if they could all participate together. So it was probably a business decision as well.

I didn't mind the setup at the Droid Depot. While not as much of a scripted experience, I was able to stand behind a barrier and watch my family build a BB unit. I cheated a bit and sent both kids with my wife since they don't take up space like an extra adult.

I totally understand the family thing, I have 4 children myself and 7 grandkids so I get that, They are not asking to split anything rather make a decision, to or not to. As far as the droids go for it I say let them in, on our time it was hectic, busy and just like most disney things, crowded. But the DD does not need to be anywhere as personal as Savi's needs to be. We were next to a family for our build and it was 5 of them, 1 droid is all i saw then getting parts for and that was worth the price alone, that little boys face was electric as he was super excited and hyper, so fun to watch that! That would have tempered the Savi's experience a bit IMHO as there was just no room for extra people. But I get it and yes it is an expensive experience but then Disney as a whole is....

Like a kid in a candy store. That’s probably the best way to describe the feeling as I walked into Galaxy’s Edge on 9/9. Visited AK in the morning and had a Mama Melrose ADR for 5:30. Was out by 7 and straight into the land. And when I say the flood of emotions that hit was like a tidal wave I’m in no way exaggerating. I’ll try to keep this short and sweet and remember that these are my opinions and shouldn’t sway anyone one way or another.

1) The land itself is amazing! I felt so immersed with 5 minutes walking in with Chewie and Rey walking around. Storm Troopers interrogating guests. The detail the imagineers put into this place is nothing short of stunning. You could stare at a garbage can for 20 minutes. That’s how cool it all looks. On top of that, the crowds throughout all the parks this week so far are virtually non existent. Last night was a bit crowded but at 8pm MFSR was a 25 minute wait. It was also enjoyable to be able to just sit outside Docking Bay 7 and enjoy the view of the Falcon.

2) Get yourself a thermal detonator coke and sprite even with the obscene price tag. You won’t regret it.

3) Oga’s cantina is truly awesome. On the other hand, the drinks that I had sucked. I tried 2 alcoholic and my wife’s 2 non alcoholic and all were terrible. You may have better luck than me but mine were disgusting garbage. The Rancor tooth beer flight looks really cool and is really expensive.

4) MFSR. 25 minute wait at 8:30PM after I left Oga’s. The queue itself is amazing. The Hondo animatronic is something to behold. Waiting room before you board is plain nuts with detail. The ride itself is good. Not great. Was a gunner my 1st time. You sit there and push a button. Boring. Thankfully we had good pilots so we didn’t crash out. 2nd time i was a pilot and it really takes the ride up a notch. Experience the ride as a pilot.

5) Go at night if you only have 1 option. I walked in for sunset which was absolutely beautiful! By the time the lights kicked on I was absolutely stunned by the beauty of it all. You actually feel like you’re on another planet.

6) Sorry all. Green and blue milk are nasty. Even alcohol couldn’t fix that hot mess. They will change this recipe eventually as curiosity will eventually run out or word of mouth will do it.

7) Savis at 9:50. Worth every penny. Just do it.

8) You can see some fireworks from Galactic Nights if it’s playing at 10. Left Savis at 10:15 and was cool to see. Nothing major but still fun to see lighting up over Batuu.

I can honestly say that for this week you can probably hit all the major to-do’s in the land in 3-4 hours if you have resi’s and manageable crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter