Shanghai Tickets/Fast Passes

Maderita

Earning My Ears
For those that have already been to Shanghai - what was your best way to get your tickets and fastpasses?

Online - I vaguely recall reading somewhere that if you buy it online, you have to go somewhere to pick up your tickets on arrival so you can use the fastpass machines (???)

Buying at the park - was there a large queue?

Buying at the hotel (I'm staying there) - I also read (can't remember where) that they'll put your ticket on your hotel key, which means that you need to go to Guest Services in the park to get fastpasses put on. Is this a way to avoid the fastpass crowds and get the day's fastpasses put on all at once???

Your tips and advice would be appreciated!!!

I would buy them online before you go, and print out the receipt, it just avoids a third queue (1. Security/bag check; 2. Ticket sales; 3. Park entry). If you buy online you go straight from bag check to the park entry queue, here they will provide you with your paper ticket (which can go into the fast pass machines) and take your photo; if you buy on site or at the hotel you will still need to line up in the same queue as this is where they "link" your ticket to you through the photo. But if you don't get around to buying before hand don't worry because very few people buy onsite so the lines for ticket sales are usually very short.

Fast passes are allocated at hubs, and have the usual time limits (ie can't get the next one until after a certain time), so I would think it would be better to have a paper ticket and be able to get your own fastpasses rather than having to keep going back to guest services.

Hi! We just back from Shanghai Disneyland. We bought our park tickets when we booked our hotel room at Toy Story Hotel. When we checked in, the front desk linked the park tickets to our room keys. It was a bit weird though because we ended up having essentially 4 room keys because each room key represented one (1) one day park ticket. I would ask for the paper park tickets because then you can have a souvenir and then not worry about losing your room key which is linked to your park ticket.

Hi! We just back from Shanghai Disneyland. We bought our park tickets when we booked our hotel room at Toy Story Hotel. When we checked in, the front desk linked the park tickets to our room keys. It was a bit weird though because we ended up having essentially 4 room keys because each room key represented one (1) one day park ticket. I would ask for the paper park tickets because then you can have a souvenir and then not worry about losing your room key which is linked to your park ticket.

Can you comment on how FPs worked with the Hotel Room Key.

I went to SDR earlier this month. FP worked the same with hotel room key as it would with a park ticket. (well I didn't actually book any FP when I had separate tickets, but I did with the room key ticket with no issue) I only ended up with separate tickets when I lost my 2 day ticket/card in the middle of the first day and it was eventually replaced with actual tickets; kudos to the CM's for all their help fixing a problem that resulted from my carelessness!

So, with the hotel room key, you just went to the standard Fast Pass stations / locations to get Fast Passes as opposed to being able to skip the lines at the stations / locations and instead get the Fast Passes from Guest Services at park entry as mentioned by the OP?

So, with the hotel room key, you just went to the standard Fast Pass stations / locations to get Fast Passes as opposed to being able to skip the lines at the stations / locations and instead get the Fast Passes from Guest Services at park entry as mentioned by the OP?

Correct. Standard FP distribution area worked with tickets issued on a hotel room key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter