Shanghai Disneyland VIP/Premier Tour

Discussion in 'Other Lands' started by AZMama2016, Feb 4, 2019.

1. AZMama2016

AZMama2016 Earning My Ears

Hi - We are going to be at the park in a few months and have contracted with a local tour company to drive us to the park and back and provide a guide inside the park. They will be buying our tickets for us. We figured this would help with navigation and language, especially since we will only be there for about 5 hours.

I’m now thinking to add a Disney Premier Tour guide on top. I assume this is akin to the plaids at the US parks. We would be paying for our family plus the tour guide already contracted. Just seems like this would help a lot, especially since we probably will miss out on FPs due to mid-afternoon arrival. The Disney guide would be able to help us plan in advance to see the most in the limited time, help to cut down on ride wait times, and get us preferred seating for shows or parades. The cost is very reasonable from a US perspective and totally worth it IMO.

Has anyone done this tour? What did you think of it? Any tips?

Also how much in advance did you book the tour? I need to arrange this through the tour company (just have them contact Disney, set up the tour and pass the cost through to us), but my contact is out on “annual leave traveling” with limited email access until 2/18. Do I need to panic and call Disneyland myself to book it, or is it safe to wait until she returns?

Thank you!

2. indoshakespeare

indoshakespeare Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

My cousin has done the VIP tour in both Shanghai and Anaheim. She said they're exactly the same. I think theyre quite popular so you should book it as soon as possible.

However, Shanghai has paid Fastpasses so if you miss out on the tour, you can buy the FPs and skip the lines.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AZMama2016

Thank you. I was thinking of getting the paid FP passes, but I’m a little worried they’ll be gone by the time we get there. We are arriving by cruise ship around 12, so I’m guessing 3 pm by the time we disembark, get through customs, and make the drive. The tour would negate this need.

Looks like the only way to contact them is by phone, so that means a very expensive phone call tonight. Hopefully I can reach someone who speaks English as well!

5. Sherry Berry

Sherry Berry Earning My Ears

Call using skype. It's very inexpensive. I tried calling for my March trip but they said you can only book tours a month in advance. On their website, they also offer concierge fast passes that you can buy 10 days in advance. I think they changed tour and fast options on Jan 1, 2019.

6. AZMama2016

If I can’t book until a month out, that works since I can have the tour company take care of it. Wish the website had that info. I also can’t find anything more on FPs to purchase ahead of time, so if you have a link, I’d appreciate it. We won’t be staying at a resort hotel. Thank you so much!

7. Sherry Berry

Look for the fast passes under Concierge Services.

gt5889a likes this.
  8. AZMama2016

Found it, thank you. Looks like two packages with the attractions getting FPs making the difference. Price is comparable to the tour guide option, so now I’m wondering which would be better. Considering we will already have a tour guide, maybe the FP package would make more sense. Also with only about 5-6 hours there, I’m wondering if the deluxe is worth it. It would be nice to have all of the options but could we reasonably do all of these rides on FP in that time? The ones I really wanted were TRON and Pirates and would likely want to do them more than once.

Classic Disney Premier Access Set: Soaring Over the Horizon, Roaring Rapids, TRON Lightcycle Power Run, Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue, Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure

Deluxe Disney Premier Access Set: Soaring Over the Horizon, Roaring Rapids, TRON Lightcycle Power Run, Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue, Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure, Rex’s Racer, Woody’s Roundup, Challenge Trails at Camp Discovery, Voyage to the Crystal Grotto

I can book these packages online, which is a plus, but it only gave me options for 5 days out. If I go this route, will have to make sure I can check the site on my trip leading up to the day I need the passes so I don’t miss the window (or maybe I can have the third party tour company take care of it).

9. indoshakespeare

indoshakespeare Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

the extra rides on the Deluxe Set are not worth it IMO.

10. Sherry Berry

I'm debating between the Concierge Package and the Premiere tour guide as well. It would be nice to go on ANY ride without waiting. I'm wondering what the wait difference is between a fast pass and the VIP tour access. I'm assuming with the tour guide, you wouldn't have to wait at all whereas with the fast pass, there's still a short wait. Please correct me if I'm wrong. We're a group of 4, so for us, it would be half the price to just use the fast pass option.

11. AZMama2016

Thanks! Cost for classic is about 2/3 the price of Deluxe, so that would make the price more attractive for the concierge package over the Premier Tour.

12. AZMama2016

I’m curious about waits as well. Another week and I can have the tour company call and find out.