Shana & Sean's PJ - 7/5/13 Swan/Fultons *Wedding TR - Updated 9/1*

ShanaMouse

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!!!

I am so excited to finally start my planning journal. Honestly, this wedding has been in the works for the past 14 months and I have finally passed our one year mark!!!

**Now that I have a few posts I will place links in here so you can jump ahead at your leisure:
Tentative Wedding Weekend plans
Wedding Colors/Dress Ideas/Venue
Photo/Video Choices and a Mini-Meltdown
Ceremony Music
Save The Dates
Photographer is Booked/Package Details
Disney On Ice Mini TR
Hunt for Just Married buttons and a stop in France
Wedding Dress Success!
Slight Change of plans...
E-Shoot Recap and Preliminary Budget
Engagement Shoot Sneak Peak
Revised Wedding schedule
Engagement Shoot Pictures
Wedding Registry Party at Crate & Barrel
Guestbook, Officiant, and other mini-updates
Sisterly Drama and I picked out my flowers!!
Less than 6 months to go!
Bridesmaid dresses, floral, cake, and other little things
Secret Honeymoon and other mini updates
Reception Lunch Menu picked!!!
Tuxedos for the boys, table signs for the guests, and Disney fun for me!
60 days to go and not enough time :)

WEDDING TRIP REPORT:
First up, Vendor Reviews!
Quick Recap of the weeks leading up the wedding
July 4th - Welcome Party Drama - EPCOT - Part 1
July 4th - Drinks, Drinks, and more Drinks - EPCOT - Part 2
July 4th - Beauty sleep?? I think NOT! - EPCOT - Part 3

A little back story first:
I'm Shana. Grad Student, Customer Service Rep, full-time goof-ball and Disney fanatic :cool1:. I am 24 years old and I just started grad school for a masters in psychology. I moved to Florida almost 6 years ago from Germany. My father was in the military and my mother is German so we moved back and forth a lot. Anywho, I have always loved Disney but didnt realize how much until I moved to the Disney Capital :)
I would say my favorite movie is Cinderella (which comes out on Blu-Ray on my birthday... Coincidence? I think not!) and my favorite characters include Remy, Woody (because thats my last name), Minnie and Daisy. The newest addition to my favorites is Merida, as I just saw BRAVE at the movies last night.

Sean is 29 and currently works as an Office Manager at a university. He is a gamer, Star Wars fan, and amateur foodie. He didn't really care for anything Disney until he met me. He said that he always thought Disney was strictly for kids but I showed him otherwise. Needless to say, he was the one who bought us our first set of annual passes and we go to Disney, at least, one a month.

How we met:
Simply put, online! I never really thought much of online dating but one day, I just decided to try it out. I tried eHarmony during one of their "free weekends" and didnt really think much would come of it. On the last day of the free weekend nothing had sprouted so i decided to give it an extended try and signed up for a one month membership. On my birthday, I had about a week left on the membership and I got a message from a guy that was, honestly, the opposite of anyone I had ever met or eve dated before but I was very intrigued. I didnt write back until the day after my birthday and from that point forward we couldnt stop talking. We spent the next week emailing back and forth. From there it went to Skyping, texts, and phone calls. After about 3 weeks of this we went on a date. We have not been apart since!!

By the end of our second month of dating we went on two mini-vacations together, by the end of the third month we said I LOVE YOU to each other, and by our 6 month dating anniversary he flew all the way to Germany with me to meet the rest of my family.

MK.jpg

The proposal:
Being that the way we met wasn't traditional, neither was the proposal. We had talked about getting married before but just sort of in passing. We knew we would get married eventually but had no intent of doing so any time soon... or so I thought! It was two weeks before Valentines Day and I had been throwing hints at Sean that I would like jewelry (he always asks me exactly what I want because he thinks he is a bad gift giver and that I will not like what he gets). He asked me what kind of jewelry and I said "I don't know... be creative". After a day or so of back and forth I told him that, if he does get me jewelry, that I would like a necklace or a bracelet, since I didnt have a lot of those. Next think I knew was him asking me to get dressed on a Friday evening and that we were going somewhere. When I asked where, he said to the jewelry store since he was too overwhelmed with the choices and that I should show him the style I like. We arrived at Kay's about 45 minutes before they closed and were the only people in the store. As i was browsing for something big and sparkly :goodvibes he pointed to a case and said "What about something like this?". He was pointing at the case with wedding bands and engagement rings and I looked at him and asked "You know what you are pointing at, right?". He laughed and said yes. All of the sales assistants (all ladies) were smiling and looking at me waiting for me to say something. Then... the unexpected! He took my hand and said "I know you wanted something special, something that you would have thats memorable and would last forever; you wanted me to be creative..." By this time i knew what was coming. He looked at the case of sparkling diamond engagement rings and asked me if I would marry him! Obviously, I said yes!!!
Now, remember when I said that he wanted me to go with him and show him what style of jewelry I liked best? That's right, he pointed at the case and said I can pick out any ring I wanted. I asked if he was kidding and he said he wasn't but I shouldnt go overboard :rotfl:
I picked out multiple rings and told him that these are rings I liked but he made the final decision.
The ring was ready to be picked up on Valentine's day where we went on an amazing dinner and then headed to the Magic Kingdom where he proposed in a more "traditional" way in front of the castle.
Valentines Day 2011, almost a year and a half after we started dating, I wore my engagement ring for the very first time.

EngagementRing.jpg

I know this isnt your typical engagement story but nothing about us is and I wouldnt have changed it for the world!

When we got engaged we initially set out to have a long engagement, but 2 months later we were in full blown wedding mode. At the time, we decided that we do not have a budget for a DFTW so we picked out a beautiful location at a country club, caterer, and photographer for a spring 2012 wedding. About 4 months later, we unexpectedly had to move as Sean had to change jobs and buy a new car, which depleted a lot of the wedding fund. Luckily, we had not yet sent out invitations, as we just decided to put the wedding on hold. Now, here we are a little over a year later planning the wedding we knew we wanted all along: a Disney wedding! I think having to "redo" the wedding a year later made me realize what I really wanted and what I didnt.

As we still didnt really have a DFTW budget we decided to go with a Swan and Dolphin wedding and I could not be happier. Sean never really chimes in when it comes to the wedding but he is ecstatic that we are having it at the Swan, as he feels like Disney is such a big part of our relationship.

Our date is 7/5/2013 at 4:00pm... LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!

Y'all are TOO cute! I love your ring and your story!

And, of course, I'm so glad you're joining our Swalphin sisterhood! :) Can't wait to follow along with your plans! Time will fly, promise!

Y'all are TOO cute! I love your ring and your story!

And, of course, I'm so glad you're joining our Swalphin sisterhood! :) Can't wait to follow along with your plans! Time will fly, promise!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I do have to say that every time i look at the ticker at the bottom of my signature I get butterflies because I am just so excited that we have passed the one year mark and it is actually becoming real. I told myself I wouldnt start planning any specifics until we got to that point!

Okay, now that I have gotten the introduction out of the way, its time to get down to business.

We are getting married on 7.5.13, which is a Friday, at 4:00pm. There were a couple of reason as to why we chose that date.
1. It's summer time!
2. As I have family living in Europe, we needed a date at which my niece and nephews had vacation so they could come along.
3. Going hand in hand with number 2: i am still in school and this is a time where i have an extended vacation without interfering with any school time.

So, here is what I have so far:

Thursday, July 4th:

Welcome Party/4th of July celebration - as we are local, we are thinking of possibly renting out a venue in Winter Park, Fl (about 30 minutes from Disney) and having an informal BBQ to celebrate that everyone has come to see us get married and watch the fireworks.

Friday, July 5th:

10 am - 12 pm: Bridal Breakfast, possibly at my favorite breakfast place at Disney: BOMA
12:30 - 3:30 pm: Spa with the ladies getting manicures and our hair done in addition to getting dressed (not sure if this is enough time)
4:00pm - Ceremony :lovestruc
4:30pm - Cake and Champagne Reception and taking photos
5:00 pm - Early dinner... really have no idea where I would want this to take place just yet
8:00 or later - AFTER PARTY lol - not sure what I want to do but I am trying to decide between going to Epcot to watch the fireworks there, as most of our guests will have park tickets, or going dancing at the Atlantic Dancehall or a trip to Jellyrolls.

Saturday, July 6th:
Morning After Breakfast for all - I would like to go to 1900 Park Fare or, if I am feeling a little more fancy that day I may want to go to The Wave :)

For those still staying past that point I want us to do something together, especially because my family from Europe will be here and I do not get to see them very often.

Honeymoon:

Sean and I have decided to go on our honeymoon a month after the wedding once school is over. This way we have the stress of the wedding behind us and we can just enjoy being with each other. Currently we have a few things on the table:
1. California Adventure:
Sean has never been to CA and I used to live there but mainly stayed in the San Fran area. I have always loved it there and we just want to explore the west coast with a trip to Disneyland for about 10 days.
2. France and Italy:
do I need to say more? I have been to France, but its been about 15 years since I was last there. I love Europe and the culture and we always dream about seeing the Eiffel Tower and then exploring the history of Rome (Yeah, we are geeks at heart :rotfl:)
3. Disney Cruise

There is also a fourth choice but the only way this happens is if we hit the lottery: ADVENTURES BY DISNEY! Either one of the many european trips or the one to Africa so we can go on safari.
A girl can dream, right?

That's a sweet engagement story! I had someone come to my room to do my hair and makeup and that took almost 2 hours so you may need to rethink the times for the day off. Can't wait to read more!

Hello to my fellow Swalphin!

Your engagement story is so cool! I bet it really took you by surprise. Your plans sound wonderful do far!

I too love Europe and I (we) are planning to go there for a one year anniversary/honeymoon. That is if/when I get my way :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more!

Wooo! Thanks for starting your PJ! :cool1:

I love your ring! I think that's sweet that you had a lot of input in choosing it but that Sean did too, how sweet :lovestruc we have a lot in common! DF and I met online and I will also have family coming over from Europe for our wedding (I hope). I'm really looking forward to your plans, I love reading about what I've dubbed "alternative Disney weddings" since as you know I'm doing the same thing. I think you'll really help other brides out too by sharing your plans. I'll be especially interested to know what you do about spending time with your family from Europe. I want to spend a lot of time with my family after the wedding since they will have traveled far and I won't see them again for a while, but I also want our honeymoon to be special and about us, so I need to figure out the right balance.

That's a sweet engagement story! I had someone come to my room to do my hair and makeup and that took almost 2 hours so you may need to rethink the times for the day off. Can't wait to read more!

Yeah, I figured it may not be enough time in between so I may need to moved the breakfast up earlier than that. Everything is still tentative but i figured it would take quite some time to get ready.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Hello to my fellow Swalphin!

Your engagement story is so cool! I bet it really took you by surprise. Your plans sound wonderful do far!

I too love Europe and I (we) are planning to go there for a one year anniversary/honeymoon. That is if/when I get my way :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more!

Honestly, the jewelry store was the last place i was expecting a proposal so I was as surprised as I think I could have been. Sean's not very good at hiding things so he really did pull this one off.
I love everything about Europe and I have been to many countries there and would go back in a hearbeat! I really do hope you get your way :cool1:

Wooo! Thanks for starting your PJ! :cool1:

I love your ring! I think that's sweet that you had a lot of input in choosing it but that Sean did too, how sweet :lovestruc we have a lot in common! DF and I met online and I will also have family coming over from Europe for our wedding (I hope). I'm really looking forward to your plans, I love reading about what I've dubbed "alternative Disney weddings" since as you know I'm doing the same thing. I think you'll really help other brides out too by sharing your plans. I'll be especially interested to know what you do about spending time with your family from Europe. I want to spend a lot of time with my family after the wedding since they will have traveled far and I won't see them again for a while, but I also want our honeymoon to be special and about us, so I need to figure out the right balance.

That's awesome! Where in Europe will some of your family be coming from? My sister lives in Germany with her 3 kids so I am especially excited to take them to Disney, as they always talk about it but have never been. My best friends also live there so I am excited for them to be part of this big day. Being that my fam is coming we decided to do like an extended stay at Disney during the wedding so we can spend time with them and not have to leave the next day for our honeymoon. It just made more sense because i didnt want to "rush" to spend time with all of the people from out of town.

Okay so all day I was sitting in my cubicle waiting for 5pm to strike so I could go home and post all of these ideas that I already have for the big day. Some ideas I have had for years and others are pretty new so I just wanted to get some input.

Let's start with the colors.
I always knew that one of the colors used in my wedding would be peach. More like that pale peachy color, nothing bright. Along with that I chose a light grey. I kinda like the vintage/romantic look so these colors work perfectly. Plus, whenever I wear something in that peach color people say how great it looks against my skin hahahaha :rotfl:
Here is a picture I found online which resemble the exact colors I want.
color-palette2.jpg

Here is another one... Not so much the bouquet, but rather the colors:
2-peach_wedding_bridal_bouquet-e1340502152388.jpg

now lets move on to the dress.
Like most, the first dresses I looked at were the Disney Collection Dresses by Alfred Angelo. When we planned the wedding the first time around I actually went into Alfred Angelo and tried on the Snow White dress... well... there is a reason I did not buy it. First let me say that i am 5'11'' with a fairly long torso. Needless to say, that sash that is supposed to be around the waist felt like it was just a few inches under my chest. It was the weirdest thing. It looked like I tried on a kids dress. I still like the dress but it was definitely not for this Disney Bride.

I always thought I wanted a ballgown but then I came to the realization that ballgowns are kind of a hit or miss with ladies who have some extra pounds that need to be worked off. As we then put the wedding on hold I just browsed for dresses online. Now, there are 2 dresses that I am absolutely in love with. The first one more so than the second and it's been on my radar for over a year. So, here it is:
2123W.jpg

I ADORE THIS DRESS! What do you ladies think? I love how its flowy, romantic, soft, yet really fun!

The second dress I just spotted a few weeks ago. I like it because it has that classy/romantic look.
8507.jpg

I also decided that I will wear flats with my dress. Being that I am already really tall and Sean is the same height I am, I really don't want to tower over him :rotfl2:

For the bridesmaids, I did like this one:
2_212_249MaidenStyle508.jpg

As far as the groom and best men (both Sean's childhood friends) are concerned, I was just thinking for them to wear a grey suit, rather than the usual black suits. I also wanted Sean to wear a bow tie, rather than a tie as kind of a nod to Carl from UP and maybe even wear one of those "grape soda" bottle cap pins. I am always on the lookout for subtle ways to incorporate Disney without it being too much.

Floral:
I am not a big flower fan, but I did want a small bouquet for the wedding. Here is, sort of, what I had in mind:
Bouquet.png

For the bridesmaids I was thinking something similar but maybe just with 3 flowers each, so it is a little smaller than mine. I have also seen other brides put pins or hidden mickeys in the bouquet, which I though was awesome.
One of my best friend's is pretty good at faux flower bouquets so we are going to DYI this little project to save money.

Ceremony:
We are having our ceremony at the Crescent terrace. Many of you will know what it looks like but for those of you who don't, here's a pic:
5452649408_200bc7a4b0.jpg

I did, initially, want the beach are but then decided that at 4pm on a July afternoon it may not be the ideal place to have the ceremony without any shade. I actually like the Crescent Terrace better because it has a little more privacy than the beach are as well. Jennifer from JM said that, since we are having a fairly small wedding of about 40 people or so we can actually put all of the chairs on the elevated area and then we can have the cake and champagne table off to the side and even have room for a first dance. As I mentioned before, I am not much of a floral person so I think we will just have flower petals along the aisle with those mickey shaped floral balls hanging off of the ends of each row of chairs.
Also going to make this into a DIY project.

My dad will actually be the officiant for our wedding so I am suuuuuper excited and my dad did get a little teary eyed when I asked him if he would do it.

That's all I have for right now, girls. Thanks for following along!

Hi Everyone!
After searching for countless hours for the perfect Save the Dates, I have finally found something I really like. I was actually on Etsy for the past few days and saw some cute stuff, but every time I went to hit "add to cart" I was unsure again. So on the hunt I went... again.
Through Google searches and clicking links and then stumbling upon other sites I found a Save The Date idea that I love.
I am going to have these printed as glossy postcards and send them out to our guests. Here is a rough design of how the front will look:

SaveDate.jpg

I mean, there were a lot of other designs I found, but they were either too expensive or it just involved too much patience on my part as a DIY project :rotfl:

I just wanted to give a quick update as to what I had so far. Be back soon! :)

I love your color palette. Very pretty and romantic!

Another tall girl! Hi! I'm 5'10". But, I have a really short torso :laughing:

I LOVE that first dress!! The bottom of my dress looks pretty similar- I love how it's gorgeous but still fun!

The second dress is very very pretty too, but I'm biased and like the first best. ;)

Max is only a little taller than me so I'm wearing flats as well- much comfier! You'll be happy!

Gorgeous bridesmaid dress and I love the idea of the grey suits & UP touches!

The floral inspiration is pretty and I think it's so sweet that your dad is going to officiate!

What an fun Save the Date!! Great choice!

Now, there are 2 dresses that I am absolutely in love with. The first one more so than the second and it's been on my radar for over a year. So, here it is:
2123W.jpg

I ADORE THIS DRESS! What do you ladies think? I love how its flowy, romantic, soft, yet really fun!

The second dress I just spotted a few weeks ago. I like it because it has that classy/romantic look.
8507.jpg

As far as the groom and best men (both Sean's childhood friends) are concerned, I was just thinking for them to wear a grey suit, rather than the usual black suits. I also wanted Sean to wear a bow tie, rather than a tie as kind of a nod to Carl from UP and maybe even wear one of those "grape soda" bottle cap pins. I am always on the lookout for subtle ways to incorporate Disney without it being too much.

I love the first dress, I just think it has its own flair if you get what I mean? It's not just a standard dress or a really popular choice like the Disney Bridal dresses are. I absolutely love the second dress just because it's so classic and vintage and I really love that :goodvibes but you definitely need to see how both look on you (which I'm sure you will), you'd be surprised at how what looks good online doesn't in person and vice versa. I'm with you on the grey suits, that's what I was hoping DF would do. I heard a joke once about why men wear black at a wedding (because it's their funeral) and now it's made me want DF to wear a different color! :worried: and FYI, I'm not all that into floral and I think it's waaaay over priced so I'm ordering silk flowers and getting help to arrange them into bouquets. We'll see how that goes! Then I can also have them displayed in my house afterward and not have to throw them out :)

Hi Everyone!
After searching for countless hours for the perfect Save the Dates, I have finally found something I really like.

SaveDate.jpg

These are amazing!! Do you mind me asking how you came across them? I have had a horrible time trying to find great Save the Dates! I'm really enjoying the updates! :lovestruc

I love your color palette. Very pretty and romantic!

Another tall girl! Hi! I'm 5'10". But, I have a really short torso :laughing:

I LOVE that first dress!! The bottom of my dress looks pretty similar- I love how it's gorgeous but still fun!

The second dress is very very pretty too, but I'm biased and like the first best. ;)

Max is only a little taller than me so I'm wearing flats as well- much comfier! You'll be happy!

Gorgeous bridesmaid dress and I love the idea of the grey suits & UP touches!

The floral inspiration is pretty and I think it's so sweet that your dad is going to officiate!

What an fun Save the Date!! Great choice!

YAY another tall bride :)
Sometimes I feel as though, for tall brides, it is a little harder to envision the whole "wow" factor of the dress, as most dresses in store are made for an average height and then get tailored once you buy.

I love the first dress, I just think it has its own flair if you get what I mean? It's not just a standard dress or a really popular choice like the Disney Bridal dresses are. I absolutely love the second dress just because it's so classic and vintage and I really love that :goodvibes but you definitely need to see how both look on you (which I'm sure you will), you'd be surprised at how what looks good online doesn't in person and vice versa. I'm with you on the grey suits, that's what I was hoping DF would do. I heard a joke once about why men wear black at a wedding (because it's their funeral) and now it's made me want DF to wear a different color! :worried: and FYI, I'm not all that into floral and I think it's waaaay over priced so I'm ordering silk flowers and getting help to arrange them into bouquets. We'll see how that goes! Then I can also have them displayed in my house afterward and not have to throw them out :)

These are amazing!! Do you mind me asking how you came across them? I have had a horrible time trying to find great Save the Dates! I'm really enjoying the updates! :lovestruc

Don't ask me how I got there (after about 2 hours of jumping from site to site) but the website for the save the date is www.wordle.net

I did realize, on my way to work today, that i need to redo them because I want to emphasize the location a little more.

Basically, you click on "create" and then you just enter whatever words you want and it will create a similar layout for you. From there you can customize the font, colors, adjust the layout, or just have them randomize it.
It took me a few tries to figure it out but just playing around with it is really fun.

Sean and I have also narrowed it down to a few restaurants for the reception:
Todd English Bluezoo
Citricos
The Wave
Fulton's Crab House

Oddly enough, we have never been to any of them with the exception of The Wave. We actually both really enjoyed the wave and I feel like it would be something everyone would like.
Being that we've never been to the other 3, we have made it our mission to eat at all 3 to see if it is something we like and something our guests would like and just get a feel for the place. We are local so getting there isn't too bad. We decided that we will try one of them every other week, as the meals aren't the cheapest at any of them :rotfl:

Have you guys ever been to any of them? Any recommendations?

Also, DF really wants Mickey and/or Minnie to be at the cake cutting. After I told him that it starts at $900 for just one character he was not too thrilled but still wanted at least one character to be there.
DF and I are paying for the entire wedding ourselves so we are on a pretty strict budget. We could probably somehow manage having the characters but I dont know if it would be worth it. If I can rework the budget to have them be a part, I will just tell DF that its too pricey and then have them come as a surprise :goodvibes

Are you all maybe having the character's at your wedding or did you have them there? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I LOVE your colors and I also love the first dress that you have pictured. I too tried on the SW dress as my first wedding dress. I loved the dress in pictures and on the hanger, on me...not so much. The save the dates are adorable!

We are also having my dad officiate the wedding!

I love all of your ideas so far, it looks like everything is coming together well.

First off, has anyone done these or is planning on doing these?
I was considering sending these along with my save the dates. Reason being is that we have family and friends from all over and I really have no rough idea of how many people would actually show. So I figured by sending out a pre-rsvp, I may have a more clear idea. Also, this is to try an help us budget.

Here is something I found online that seemed to have a Disney theme
prersvppostcardmailside.jpg

As I am currently trying to get acquainted with Photoshop, I decided to kind of spruce it up a bit and here is what I have
PreRSVP.jpg

I mean, I am still not sure if this will be the final product, but it was kind of fun to make it my own with the little minnie and mickey ears in the corner and the color.

For my Save The Dates, I plan on mailing the actual save the date, possibly the pre-RSVP, and a tentative outline of the events/weekend dates so people have an idea!

Have a good Friday night everyone! Be back soon!

sarahb01 said:
I LOVE your colors and I also love the first dress that you have pictured. I too tried on the SW dress as my first wedding dress. I loved the dress in pictures and on the hanger, on me...not so much. The save the dates are adorable!

We are also having my dad officiate the wedding!

I love all of your ideas so far, it looks like everything is coming together well.

Im really excited to have my dad officiate. Its just something really neat that just adds another special touch to the whole ceremony.
Yes, everything is slowly but surely coming together now but if you would have asked me 2 months ago it would have been a completely different story lol :)

Yesterday afternoon my parents, DF, and I met up to celebrate my dad's birthday at Dave & Buster's aka the Chuck E Cheese for grown-ups :rotfl:

Afterwards, Sean and I decided to drive to Downtown Disney. We just like walking around sometimes and I figured that I may find some things here or there to use for the wedding. It was a good 100 degrees out and I was starting to get really cranky (YES, heat and no drink = cranky shana). To get some shade, I walked into, what I call, the "rotunda of Disney pins". It's that open air area that holds hundreds of pins and lanyards and all that other good stuff. And there they were... Grape Soda bottle cap pins!
photo3.jpg

We bought 3 of them; one for DF and then 2 for the groomsmen to put on their suits on the big day! DF was especially excited because UP! is one of his favorite movies.

At the Vinylmation store we also found this:
photo1.jpg

We didn't buy it but I thought i may be a good idea instead of the more traditional guestbook. I have seen other brides use the blank mickey vinyls, but it's kinda neat to find a Lightning McQueen there now.

In unrelated Disney news:
We went to Goofy's Candy Co and found these delicious edibles
photo2.jpg

They are raspberry brownies. They also had these with mint and toffee. I didn't try it but DF loved it!

Lastly, we went to the Boardwalk and from there walked over to the Swan and looked at the venue again and where we would set up chairs, cake, etc. It's all stating to feel so real now.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Hi Shana

I'm Laura. I'm excited to follow your PJ. I am doing a vow renewal for my 20th anniversary (it's four years away but I'm starting to plan it already :rotfl:)

I love your colors!

I also like the first dress.

I have been to Fulton's Crab house but it's been a long time. Very nice inside :)

Can't wait to hear and see more.

Thanks for sharing that site! :goodvibes

First off, has anyone done these or is planning on doing these?
I was considering sending these along with my save the dates. Reason being is that we have family and friends from all over and I really have no rough idea of how many people would actually show. So I figured by sending out a pre-rsvp, I may have a more clear idea. Also, this is to try an help us budget.

Here is something I found online that seemed to have a Disney theme
prersvppostcardmailside.jpg

We were considering doing this. DF thinks we should have actual pre-rsvp cards but I'm not sure because I wouldn't want people to think it was a concrete RSVP but on the flip side, I don't want people to think "oh well if it's not set in stone, I'll think about it" and then forget to RSVP :headache: so what I'm thinking of doing right now is just sending out save the dates and then just calling people (with the help of DF) and ask people what they're thinking. If they know they can/can't, if they're trying to attend and at what point they'll know for sure.

At the Vinylmation store we also found this:
photo1.jpg

We didn't buy it but I thought i may be a good idea instead of the more traditional guestbook. I have seen other brides use the blank mickey vinyls, but it's kinda neat to find a Lightning McQueen there now.

Wow! I never knew they had Lightning McQueen vinyls, that's awesome! Do you know how much it was? DF would LOVE that!

Thanks for sharing that site! :goodvibes

We were considering doing this. DF thinks we should have actual pre-rsvp cards but I'm not sure because I wouldn't want people to think it was a concrete RSVP but on the flip side, I don't want people to think "oh well if it's not set in stone, I'll think about it" and then forget to RSVP :headache: so what I'm thinking of doing right now is just sending out save the dates and then just calling people (with the help of DF) and ask people what they're thinking. If they know they can/can't, if they're trying to attend and at what point they'll know for sure.

Wow! I never knew they had Lightning McQueen vinyls, that's awesome! Do you know how much it was? DF would LOVE that!

I actually really like the idea of the pre-RSVP because I really have no idea how many people are actually even considering of coming to the wedding and any events sorrounding it. I was going to send out the save the date (now I am thinking as a magnet) and then just attach that preRSVP card for them to return within 6 to 8 weeks.

Yes, the Lightning McQueen was $39.99 or $39.95, whichever one. They must be fairly new, as I didnt see them a couple of months ago at the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter