Shades of Green!

KyWildcatGirl01

Mouseketeer
Hello! I am new to the boards and I am wanting a little insight on Shades of Green. My hubby is national guard and a purple heart veteran so I was looking into this. We want to go in September and I noticed a 30% discount on the website but when I clicked to reserve the prices didn't come up as that...Do you have to call to get that rate?! Also, looking at the prices of the food there is GREAT! We have a DS who will be 3 at the time and not sure how he would do with a character meal so we are thinking this would be fine for the most part. Also, are their fridges in the rooms?!
Thank you in advance!:thumbsup2

Hello! I am new to the boards and I am wanting a little insight on Shades of Green. My hubby is national guard and a purple heart veteran so I was looking into this. We want to go in September and I noticed a 30% discount on the website but when I clicked to reserve the prices didn't come up as that...Do you have to call to get that rate?! Also, looking at the prices of the food there is GREAT! We have a DS who will be 3 at the time and not sure how he would do with a character meal so we are thinking this would be fine for the most part. Also, are their fridges in the rooms?!
Thank you in advance!:thumbsup2

Hi ::wave:: you have to use the following codes
30%OFF1 for category 1 ranks (E1-E5, Cadet)
30%OFF1 for category 2 (E6-E9,O1-O3,100% Disabled Veterans, Widows, Medal of Honor Recipients)
30%OFF1 for category 3

SOG does not offer any Character meals that I am aware of and the food is not tasty at all :sick:
They do have refrigerators in the rooms and it has a small freezer as well :hyper: I believe there is a dedicated SOG thread on here that can answer any other questions or concerns you have. PM me if you need more info:thumbsup2:

I'm sorry, what do you mean that the food isn't tasty? Bad restaurants?

The restaurants are fine. It was the quality of the food in the restaurants that was less than stellar.

If you still have problems seeing the discounted rates give them a call. I have never found any problem with the food. Double check with SOG but i think your child would eat free due to age. Will not find a bigger room on property. Do not hesitate to stay here.

We booked the August 40% off rate when it was offered in Jan. and we did have to call to get the rate. The website never gave the correct price for both rooms (only one of the two we needed to book). Anyways, I called and they booked it for us with the discount no problem.

Be warned the discounts on the SOG website are good for a limited time, they never tell you when but they consecutively downgrade the discounts as the dates near (we booked an end of August trip the first week of January for 40% off and now those same dates are listed as 30% off, and it'll probably continue to drop). So if you plan to take advantage of a SOG discount offer (they are great value no matter what!), just make sure you don't wait around to long!

The restaurants are fine. It was the quality of the food in the restaurants that was less than stellar.

This , We ate there in Sept 2012 and the food was not very appealing and flies( flies,not fruit flies) were in the salad ( lettuce mixture). We were promptly refunded, and the salad mix was replaced, but we couldn't stomach it:sick:

Our friends who were staying at SOG where finally convinced to eat at the GF with us that night:goodvibes. Never again:sad2:. YMMV:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter