~~~~~ Sew, the heat is… ON! ~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~ Update x4 6/30!!!!!!!!

I'd maybe prefer sitting in Category 3 up in the balcony instead of Category 2?
We sat in category 3 at a table along the railing. The chairs spun around so that you could either watch the show or turn to eat your meal. We loved the seats and were glad that we got them. You really had a bad table, which is unfortunate.

I think we are one and done with HDDR. It was a lot of fun, especially with two of our grandchildren who were age 5 and 3 at the time. They loved the show. But it isn't something I want to see over and over again. And you can get better food at Trail's End, right next door, our favorite buffet at Disney.

Ach I’m sorry you had such a bad table for hoop de doo and that the food was only so so. However taking a positive outlook, how lucky are you guys that Josh can whip up some super tasty meals at home :goodvibes
Hopefully things improve a little with the arrival of new friends :)

Hi, D! I'm really enjoying your report!

When you mentioned a small Minnesota town and the airlines that fly out of your nearby airport... I think you must live not too far from where I grew up! I now live in Iowa, but my entire childhood was in Cokato, another small town in central Minnesota. I'm guessing that you're about an hour away? (Maybe more if you're north of your airport?) Anyhow, it's always nice to read about a Minnesotan!

I love seeing your pictures of Shades of Green! I feel like you don't see too many reports that include that resort. It looks very nice and the room looks HUGE!

It sounds like you had a great first few days of your trip! How fun that you were able to catch up and spend time with a friend and enjoy Disney on your birthday.

I'm sorry your HDDR experience wasn't as great as you hoped! I agree with others that the Category 2 seating is tough - I think Category 3 may actually offer better views from the balcony. I'm glad you enjoyed the strawberry shortcake as I think this is one of the best parts of the meal!

HDDR - ugh. Sorry it wasn't everything you dreamed of. Glad your second batch of chicken was good! I'm not really a ribs person but I like them meaty and no globs of fat.....did they allow seconds of the strawberry shortcake? For the prices they charge for the dinner shows, the food should at least be good - all of it. But, it sounds like more birthday fun to come!

To answer your question - we drove to St. Louis. We live in central IL and live about equal distance between Chicago and St. Louis. We like to hit the big city every once in a while :thumbsup2

P.S. I agree that the food at Trails End buffet is excellent! I love the atmosphere in Ft. Wilderness - it makes me feel far removed from the hustle and bustle of WDW.

OK, we may need to talk ears...those in the report so far are spectacular!

And you need to let me know when you all are going in 2020...as it is looking more likely that we will have to move our trip to then.

Can't wait to hear about the big surprise, because I somehow missed it on your FB feed too! :)

That seat at HDDR was definitely a disappointment, especially for the price you pay - and the food, too. When I was a little girl, my parents would always take us to HDDR and I have very fond memories of it. I want to take my family so much, but I’m having a hard time swallowing the price and my kids don’t eat fried chicken or baked beans and I’m not paying all that money for them to be hungry later. Like a PP mentioned, we like to eat at Trail’s End. I think it’s one of the best buffets on property. There’s fried chicken there, but lots of other food my boys will eat.

I just had to chuckle when you commented on how good Josh’s cooking is and it leads to disappointment sometime when you eat other food. I love to cook, but sometimes work and sports schedules interfere and we find ourselves going out to eat because it’s easier. Lately, I’m finding myself disappointed in a lot of the restaurant food. Even on Father’s Day, my husband wanted to go to a restaurant we frequent and like, but on this particular day, the food was mediocre. Our bill was like $60, and I was thinking to myself that I couldn’t made this same meal at home for a fraction of the cost and it would’ve tasted better, lol. At least I didn’t need to clean up the kitchen and wash dishes.

So sorry to hear about your HDDR experience. Luckily, when we went, Marissa had her cast member discount. We went to the 2nd show (we were so hungry by then) but Category 1. We were smack dab in the middle. When they come out on the floor to do the show they were all right behind us. The food wasn't what I normally eat. Probably ate mainly cornbread and mashed potatoes. Our server was amazing and the kids (well the 2 adult ones) had a blast and they complained about having to go the loudest. They would love to go again. I wish they did have seconds on the dessert. But at that point it seemed they were really trying to have you finish and be on your way.

Sorry about the food at HDDR. My family loves Whispering Canyon Cafe ,which sounds similar foodwise, but I don't. I just prefer my own beans and bar b que sauce as well but love the cornbread and salad.
Love the updates! Its really putting me in a Disney mood and I need it. DH and I are going without the family in a few months (which hasn't happened ever) but I am having massive guilt issues about it. I feel like I am leaving them out. So anyhow this is helping me. :)

Your ride pictures...they are amazing!!!! Well actually all your pictures are really good. But your ride pictures have me youtubing ride videos lol. They seriously had me giggling thinking of how much fun the ride was.

I'm sorry your shopping trip for outfits didn't work out the way you wanted. I know that struggle well. It seems when you have the funds, and know where you want to spend your $$$, then everything you put on just looks and feels horrible on you, I can very much relate. That also seems to happen to me often when I actually decide to spend some money on clothes. It is frustrating and hard on the emotions :sad2: :crazy2: I'm glad the day was turning around for you.

Can't wait to hear more of your big surprise :flower1:

Sorry - I don't have time to do everyone's replies this morning. :)

I love that nutella Waffle! I'm not sure how I feel about Toy Story 4. I thought it was good and funny but I am still trying to decide if I like the ending.

HDDR seems disappointing. I can't decide if we will try it or not.

Right - it's so good! Not something I would eat on a normal day - but on vacation, for sure!

TS4 was good - for me anyways - but not up to par with the rest of them, I expected much better. I am also not sure about the ending - it just didn't feel right.

HDDR was disappointing... Had our seats been different - I may have felt different about it? And I also have the ability of better food at home... So, my review is probably skewed in that direction as well... Most people - as I've read many reports - LOVE it. I am glad we did it once, and we probably won't do it again, unless it's a special occasion. :)

We sat in category 3 at a table along the railing. The chairs spun around so that you could either watch the show or turn to eat your meal. We loved the seats and were glad that we got them. You really had a bad table, which is unfortunate.

I think we are one and done with HDDR. It was a lot of fun, especially with two of our grandchildren who were age 5 and 3 at the time. They loved the show. But it isn't something I want to see over and over again. And you can get better food at Trail's End, right next door, our favorite buffet at Disney.

Yah - I think I would have loved Cat 3 better too. I don't think we could have had a much worse table? Very disappointing. ::yes::

Same... I will have to try Trails End sometime - that one has never been on our radar...

Such cute pictures, and I am so glad to see the shorts with the pink top, because that was my vote, lol

Glad to hear that it was so delicious - I think they look so odd, so I have been leery of trying them.

Seriously, so cute! Ed just doesn't get enough Disney love in my opinion...

Ooooh, that is certainly a lovely peaceful view though, even sans people :)

Yes, I love the Peter Pan ride too, including the queue!

That's the best part - if I wasn't afraid of heights, flying would be my superpower of choice...

Obviously if I ever get brave enough to go on Splash Mountain I should be going with you, as you sing the song!

Agreed! I finally made myself watch Avatar before my last trip so I understood more of the area. If only they had a few more seating areas in that part of the park so that people could actually relax and soak up the ambience.

Love it, I am positive that this is a style that I should be looking for.:flower:

I'm so sorry that your experience did not live up to your hopes. Glad you were able to overcome; it's tough when you have had it built up so much in your mind for so long. Even though you may not see it you and your girls are totally photogenic :flower:I understand as well when it's something that means a lot to you personally but others may not know how much it affects you; for me it's manicures - everything feels better for me if my manicure is done, yet I know that in the scope of the world it is overall of low importance, and literally all of my family wouldn't care one bit if I never used nail polish again. Why do I let something like that affect me so much? *shrug*

Good to keep in mind that it was an experience - how lucky that Josh has that talent that you can enjoy all year long!

LOL - Yah - I thought the pink went well with those shorts. Thank you. :lovestruc

They do look odd - but they are good, I promise!

Peter Pan is the best - I really love it. I just don't think it's worth the long standby line, most of the time.

Hahahaha - same!

Splash is my favorite ride in all of WDW... And the drop isn't as big as it looks. ::yes::

Thanks - yes, it's a great style!

Exactly... Thank you so much. :lovestruc It kinda made for a rough start to my day, and it did take me a while to turn my brain around. And then with the disappointment of HDDR - it sure sounded like my birthday was less than stellar... but despite those things - I really did have a good time. I was in WDW after all, ON my birthday - life was good! :D

I totally get the manicure thing!!! I used to have manicures all the time - and then I stopped getting them - but I loved them so much. I usually only get manicures before I go on trips, but this time, I've actually had my nails filled once already since we've been home... We leave for Europe in October again - and I am debating on keeping them filled between now and then. I'll see how it goes... once my nails get too long - it gets harder to work - so I really need to keep them shorter. We'll see. :) I get the whole "nice nails" thing though... I am kinda the same with my hair. :D

Hahahaha - one of the many reasons I married the man... He got me, hook line and sinker with his cooking. There's something to be said about a man (especially a military man, IMO :lovestruc ) who can cook, do his own laundry and iron. ::yes:: :woohoo:

Ach I’m sorry you had such a bad table for hoop de doo and that the food was only so so. However taking a positive outlook, how lucky are you guys that Josh can whip up some super tasty meals at home :goodvibes
Hopefully things improve a little with the arrival of new friends :)

It's OK... A total bummer, agreed... but I am glad we did it once.

Super lucky - LOL! I love that man! And he cooks a mean meal... I mean - I can cook - we survive on my cooking most weekdays... But in the spring/fall/summer and sometimes in the winter too - when he fires up the grill or the smoker... Yah - we are pretty lucky! :lovestruc

Oh yes - my birthday definitely improves!!! ::yes::

Hi, D! I'm really enjoying your report!

When you mentioned a small Minnesota town and the airlines that fly out of your nearby airport... I think you must live not too far from where I grew up! I now live in Iowa, but my entire childhood was in Cokato, another small town in central Minnesota. I'm guessing that you're about an hour away? (Maybe more if you're north of your airport?) Anyhow, it's always nice to read about a Minnesotan!

I love seeing your pictures of Shades of Green! I feel like you don't see too many reports that include that resort. It looks very nice and the room looks HUGE!

It sounds like you had a great first few days of your trip! How fun that you were able to catch up and spend time with a friend and enjoy Disney on your birthday.

I'm sorry your HDDR experience wasn't as great as you hoped! I agree with others that the Category 2 seating is tough - I think Category 3 may actually offer better views from the balcony. I'm glad you enjoyed the strawberry shortcake as I think this is one of the best parts of the meal!

OK - I had to look up Cokato - I'd heard of it, but never really been there... We drive through often - as it's on the road we take to the lake when 94 is terrible (as in, all summer long) - but it's a good hour away from us. ::yes:: Cute town though - I love all of the towns off of 12, the homes and the farms are all so picture-esque. :lovestruc

Shade of Green is an awesome resort - we are so lucky to be able to stay there. The rooms are HUGE - well, compared to all the other Disney rooms. ::yes:: They are the largest resort rooms ON WDW property - even bigger than the Poly. ::yes:: When we were in Suzi's room at the Contemporary, I would say - just by looking - no actual measurements occured - our room was a good 1-2 ft wider and probably about 5+ feet longer, and our balcony was a bit bigger too. ::yes::

Yes - it was a great trip... Despite a few small things - it was absolutely a great trip! :lovestruc

I think - if we ever do HDDR again, we will do Category 3 - I think we would enjoy it much more. ::yes::

HDDR - ugh. Sorry it wasn't everything you dreamed of. Glad your second batch of chicken was good! I'm not really a ribs person but I like them meaty and no globs of fat.....did they allow seconds of the strawberry shortcake? For the prices they charge for the dinner shows, the food should at least be good - all of it. But, it sounds like more birthday fun to come!

To answer your question - we drove to St. Louis. We live in central IL and live about equal distance between Chicago and St. Louis. We like to hit the big city every once in a while :thumbsup2

It's totally OK - a bummer, yes... But I am very glad we did it once, for sure. ::yes:: Not sure about the 2nds on the Strawberry Shortcake... As someone below said - by the time you get to dessert, you kinda get the feeling like they are pushing you out... And while I didn't write that in my report - I absolutely had that feeling too. ::yes::

Agreed on the food - but I do think I am overly biased in that department... I do feel like I am an exception to that rule and MOST people would find the food very good. ::yes::

Got it - what a fun trip! And how neat that you have your choice of "big cities" when you want to go for a drive. :)

P.S. I agree that the food at Trails End buffet is excellent! I love the atmosphere in Ft. Wilderness - it makes me feel far removed from the hustle and bustle of WDW.

We will have to try Trails End sometime - it's never even been on my radar. ::yes:: And I totally agree - FW atmosphere was great!

OK, we may need to talk ears...those in the report so far are spectacular!

And you need to let me know when you all are going in 2020...as it is looking more likely that we will have to move our trip to then.

Can't wait to hear about the big surprise, because I somehow missed it on your FB feed too! :)

Hahahaha... For the record - I suck at making them and I DETEST hot glue. :lmao: It's impossible to get off, when some leaks anywhere - which it inevitably does... And I end up with so many blisters and burns... So - I am willing - for my good friends... But please don't have high expectations. :hug: LOL

I will - 2020 is SO up in the air right now... BMTL postponed our big trip (just last week) until 2021... But V still wants to spend her 21st bday in WDW... We haven't booked yet - but we do have potential dates (in May still) IF I can get Josh's blessing... :lovestruc

The surprise is incredible!!! I am very excited to share it - as it's a post all by itself! :lovestruc

************************************************************************************************************************************

OK all - I did all of the replies that I had time for this morning... I may try to sneak back this afternoon to finish them so I can get to writing about my BIG Birthday surprise! :woohoo:

Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :hug:

D~

Hi D~!

Finally found your TR and had time to read it last night so I am all caught up. Allison's video was amazing! What a great way to remember all the fun you had. I might have to try that with some of our pictures and videos from our trip, if I can ever find the time.

Since I read so much all at once, I can't remember everything I wanted to comment on now, LOL! But I do remember I wanted to comment on Satu'li Canteen. We first tried it in 2017 and absolutely loved it! DH had the beef bowl and I had the kids chicken bowl. We added two pods and the mousse. We were absolutely stuffed after that. We didn't eat there this year unfortunately. DH and I didn't make it to the park until noon after running the SW half in the morning and we weren't hungry after our FOP FP as we had a bite to eat before we left POFQ. Instead, we grabbed some drinks at Pongu Pongu, one of the beers for DH, Night Blossom for DS and Rum Blossom for me. Yum! DH and I planned to grab some dinner there and see Pandora in the evening but it didn't turn out that way. The heat/humidity combined with the effort of the run that morning really did me in and DH and I ended up going back to the resort early. So we missed it this year.

I believe DH and I had the same table at HDDR when we were there for my birthday in 2017. It was no problem for us though as we just sat on opposites of the table. We loved the food and show so much that we went again this year with DS. We ended up with the same table but on the other side of the hall. Although none of us seemed to have a blocked view or had to lean one way or the other. Again, we had excellent food (DS loves him some ribs and the ones he had were all meat) and all of our food was hot. However, I did notice that our server was one of the last ones to bring his trays out and started putting the food on the tables right away, so that likely helped that. And we were the opposite, by the time the shortcake came out, we were stuffed and barely touched it. Then again, we are much for the sweet stuff anymore with DH being diabetic and having to watch his sugar intake. So disappointed to hear that you didn't have a good experience.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

That seat at HDDR was definitely a disappointment, especially for the price you pay - and the food, too. When I was a little girl, my parents would always take us to HDDR and I have very fond memories of it. I want to take my family so much, but I’m having a hard time swallowing the price and my kids don’t eat fried chicken or baked beans and I’m not paying all that money for them to be hungry later. Like a PP mentioned, we like to eat at Trail’s End. I think it’s one of the best buffets on property. There’s fried chicken there, but lots of other food my boys will eat.

I just had to chuckle when you commented on how good Josh’s cooking is and it leads to disappointment sometime when you eat other food. I love to cook, but sometimes work and sports schedules interfere and we find ourselves going out to eat because it’s easier. Lately, I’m finding myself disappointed in a lot of the restaurant food. Even on Father’s Day, my husband wanted to go to a restaurant we frequent and like, but on this particular day, the food was mediocre. Our bill was like $60, and I was thinking to myself that I couldn’t made this same meal at home for a fraction of the cost and it would’ve tasted better, lol. At least I didn’t need to clean up the kitchen and wash dishes.

Yah - I was a bit disappointed. I'd have a hard time too - especially if your kids won't eat half of the food that they serve. Maybe when they get older?

We also have a hard time at restaurants... Though at home it's easier, because it isn't SOOO expensive to eat out. I feel like I have a harder time with it in WDW, just because of the cost. ::yes:: And - absolutely - not having to clean up is a definite benefit. ::yes:: Half the reason I enjoy going out is that we don't have to clean up. LOL

So sorry to hear about your HDDR experience. Luckily, when we went, Marissa had her cast member discount. We went to the 2nd show (we were so hungry by then) but Category 1. We were smack dab in the middle. When they come out on the floor to do the show they were all right behind us. The food wasn't what I normally eat. Probably ate mainly cornbread and mashed potatoes. Our server was amazing and the kids (well the 2 adult ones) had a blast and they complained about having to go the loudest. They would love to go again. I wish they did have seconds on the dessert. But at that point it seemed they were really trying to have you finish and be on your way.

That sounds like you had an awesome show!

Our experience may have been better had our server been a little more friendly too... Many of the servers around us engaged the guests, but ours seemed rather grumpy. It's OK though - I am glad for everyone else who does enjoy it. :)

Totally agree - I also felt the "urge to leave" after dessert was put on the table... I didn't say it in my review - but I definitely felt it. ::yes::

Sorry about the food at HDDR. My family loves Whispering Canyon Cafe ,which sounds similar foodwise, but I don't. I just prefer my own beans and bar b que sauce as well but love the cornbread and salad.
Love the updates! Its really putting me in a Disney mood and I need it. DH and I are going without the family in a few months (which hasn't happened ever) but I am having massive guilt issues about it. I feel like I am leaving them out. So anyhow this is helping me. :)

No worries - I didn't think the meal was terrible... I just felt like it would have been much better at home. :)

That sounds awesome! I was SOOOO looking forward to going to WDW with DH in 2020 - as it's a totally different experience now, compared to when we went when the girls were little. But alas, that trip has been postponed. :( Enjoy your time without the kids! We were never able to do that while the girls were young - or rarely and not for very long... Believe me, we are making up for that now. ::yes:: LOL

Your ride pictures...they are amazing!!!! Well actually all your pictures are really good. But your ride pictures have me youtubing ride videos lol. They seriously had me giggling thinking of how much fun the ride was.

I'm sorry your shopping trip for outfits didn't work out the way you wanted. I know that struggle well. It seems when you have the funds, and know where you want to spend your $$$, then everything you put on just looks and feels horrible on you, I can very much relate. That also seems to happen to me often when I actually decide to spend some money on clothes. It is frustrating and hard on the emotions :sad2: :crazy2: I'm glad the day was turning around for you.

Can't wait to hear more of your big surprise :flower1:

Thank you! LOL I love watching ride videos too! And resort review videos... Love watching Tim Tracker and whatever he does. :)

That seems to be exactly how it works, you are right. LOL I did end up having a great day - just lots going on and a bit to overcome. :)

I am so excited to share my big surprise!

Hi D~!

Finally found your TR and had time to read it last night so I am all caught up. Allison's video was amazing! What a great way to remember all the fun you had. I might have to try that with some of our pictures and videos from our trip, if I can ever find the time.

Since I read so much all at once, I can't remember everything I wanted to comment on now, LOL! But I do remember I wanted to comment on Satu'li Canteen. We first tried it in 2017 and absolutely loved it! DH had the beef bowl and I had the kids chicken bowl. We added two pods and the mousse. We were absolutely stuffed after that. We didn't eat there this year unfortunately. DH and I didn't make it to the park until noon after running the SW half in the morning and we weren't hungry after our FOP FP as we had a bite to eat before we left POFQ. Instead, we grabbed some drinks at Pongu Pongu, one of the beers for DH, Night Blossom for DS and Rum Blossom for me. Yum! DH and I planned to grab some dinner there and see Pandora in the evening but it didn't turn out that way. The heat/humidity combined with the effort of the run that morning really did me in and DH and I ended up going back to the resort early. So we missed it this year.

I believe DH and I had the same table at HDDR when we were there for my birthday in 2017. It was no problem for us though as we just sat on opposites of the table. We loved the food and show so much that we went again this year with DS. We ended up with the same table but on the other side of the hall. Although none of us seemed to have a blocked view or had to lean one way or the other. Again, we had excellent food (DS loves him some ribs and the ones he had were all meat) and all of our food was hot. However, I did notice that our server was one of the last ones to bring his trays out and started putting the food on the tables right away, so that likely helped that. And we were the opposite, by the time the shortcake came out, we were stuffed and barely touched it. Then again, we are much for the sweet stuff anymore with DH being diabetic and having to watch his sugar intake. So disappointed to hear that you didn't have a good experience.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Welcome! Yes - I love her video! I actually remembered to share it with Josh yesterday - and he *almost* seemed to enjoy it? LOL

Bummer that you missed the Canteen this trip... Hopefully you'll get there next time? I know we will make a point to eat there any time we need to do CS in AK. ::yes::

Yah - I gave the girls those 2 seats, so they could enjoy the show... I took the seat with the "crappy view". Between having to watch the show around the pole and not being able to hear well (did you have issues hearing there?) - it just wasn't the experience I thought it would be. :scratchin Yah - our food sat on trays at the edge of the room for a good 10-15 minutes before they put the food on our table... It definitely wasn't fresh. Oh well... We've checked that experience off of our list, and more $$ for fun things next time. :)

It's great to see you here Loree!!! :hug:

*******************************************************************************************************************

Alrighty - off to go lift some weights! I really hate dead lift day... ::yes::

I am hoping to do that birthday update today... If I get my errands done this morning & my work done this afternoon - hopefully I'll have time to make it back here to do that. :lovestruc

Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Wow, I would have been unhappy too with that experience at HDDR. We've never been because being from the south, we don't appreciate the cornpone stereotypes, if you know what I mean? Yes, we have bumpkins and that seems to be who they put on TV, but they're the exception and not the rule. HeeHaw made my skin crawl back in the day. BUT ANYWAY lol . . .

THAT HEAT. It was really bad that week, wasn't it? Y'all seem to have made very good decisions, though, and it looks like you had a blast.

Stepping on soapbox . . . please please please D, love yourself as you are now. You're strong and beautiful. I keep harping on this becasue in a decade or so your body IS going to change and it doesn't come back from it. No one explained to the extent your whole self changes, so for the next moment consider me your aunt or older sister delivering a truth bomb. I used to think menopause only affected your moods and childbearing organs. Boy was I wrong. I am really enjoying being in my 50s, truly, but menopause and aging does some awful things to a woman's body. My skin, all over my body, is not the same. It's not feminine anymore, and I can't think of another way to describe it other than that. Literally the skin on my arms and legs and all over. Don't get me started about the skin on my chest. I went from being at a decently plump weight to being shaped like a barrel overnight. Waistline? HA! Better send out a search party. Genetic vertical wrinkles have shown up on my upper lip, seemingly overnight. Here to stay. I look in the mirror in that area and see my grandmother. But sometimes it's the little things that hurt the worst - my EYELIDS have changed horribly. The skin is loose and crepey and so unattractive that I rarely wear eyeshadow anymore because eyeshadow seems to highlight the crepe-yness no matter if it's matte, frost, or in between. And I've never been one to stay out in the sun or use tanning beds, I've always eaten a balanced diet, etc. There are lots more things - like the fact that after wearing contacts since I was in 8th grade, they don't seem to work for me anymore, and I can't see with glasses and can't see without glasses, even with bifocals. That's not just for females but it's a maddening issue to deal with all day. Would I go back to when I was younger if given a chance? NO WAY. But I wish I had known all this so I could CHERISH and appreciate my young body while I had it. Sorry for the longwindedness, but I'm pretty passionate about this because I wasted so much time that I can't get back, wanting to be a little smaller, or a particular size, reaching for something when I was already perfect - perfectly ME.

Internet disclaimer: YMMV, this is my own experience and possibly not yours, I chose not to take hormones (which would have delayed some of this), I have chosen not to do artificial things to my face/body but no judgment to those who do, etc.

Your outfits look SO cute! I love that LP romper! Victoria's outfits are cute as well. Allison is clearly resisting, but JUST WAIT lol. Re your Lilly bummer, I hate it when shopping trips are unsatisfying! Sometimes it's just like that. I'd rather wait and buy it for so much less, too. Can't wait to hear what the surprise is!

Day 4, Part 3a - The Birthday Surprise!!!!

So, I need to back this TR up a little bit...

All week long, before we left, I had been getting messages from Suzi on various platforms... Double checking, triple checking, quadruple checking (you get the idea) that I *would 100% positively* be at the Contemporary Resort to spend the evening with her after we finished at HDDR. ::yes:: :scratchin

I assured her, without fail, we would be taking the boat from Fort Wilderness directly to the Contemporary - and I was all her's for the entire evening. Solid. The plans were not changing, I would be there. ::yes::

I kinda thought she was up to something... :scratchin

So, the day before... The girls and I were walking around AK (in case you didn't know this, all of our BEST Pixie Dust over the years has happened in AK...) & I get a text from Monica. You all remember Monica right??? We were all excited that her trip overlapped with ours - but as of yet - we had been unable to coordinate a time to meet up, which I was feeling very sad about. FYI - Don't do like D~ does, and forget to plan a few details with her friends - k? Like - at least coordinating the same parks on a few of the same days - so it's actually *possible* to meet. ::yes::

Anyways - the surprise...

I get this text from Monica...

Telling me that she had booked a fireworks cruise for Suzi and I for our birthdays!!! :lovestruc

Wait!!! What???? Seriously?????? NO WAY!!!!!!

10000% moved to tears - right there in AK - in line for Primeval Whirl...

Friends that would do something SO SPECIAL, for us. Just wow. :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

So, here we are... coming to the final part of a day that hasn't gone exactly like I thought it would... Yet - I have these amazing friends, who wanted to treat Suzi and I to the best birthday gift ever! To this day - I am still shocked, truly, I am. I just don't have the words.

OK - ok, back to the TR...

The girls and I made it on to the boat back to CR with no wait - they were literally boarding as we walked up. Nice.

The whole while we were on the boat, I was texting Suzi to watch for us... So, her and Alexa stood out on their balcony and waved at us. Have you ever tried to find someone waving at you from the Contemporary??? I mean, you'd think it would be easy right??? But there are a gazillion balconies there, and unless you know exactly where you are looking - it's like Where's Waldo. :lmao: Honest. ::yes::

Eta... Suzi's photo of our boat coming across Bay Lake... See us? Waaaay out there... Sitting in the back of the boat... See us waving??? I know you can't miss it. ::yes::

received_435750633822611.jpeg

Eventually, we saw them though - and we waved like crazy people from the boat. ::yes::

They had a dinner ADR at The Wave though - so we weren't quite ready to meet up yet.

And I had birthday $$ burning a hole in my pocket...

So, the girls and I went to the CR gift shop... They sell a bit of Lilly Pulizer here too - did you know that?

I found the softest long sleeve T-shirt & a pair of shorts I already had in another print... I decided to buy them and try them on in our room later (I ended up returning the shorts - as I had another pair in that print, different style, and I didn't need two)...

The shirt (after I got home)

20190621_091048.jpg

So, as I am standing there - preparing to blow all of my birthday cash in one go...

In walks Monica with her friend Vi... Eeeek - they are both so cute!!! I have never met Vi before - but I've seen many (many) pics of her on Monica's FB - they are good friends, and I was so happy to finally meet her. Every time I see an ad for or hear a Kid Rock song (BTW Monica - he is having a concert very close to me at the end of August....) - I think of these ladies and how much fun they have together! ::yes::

We stood there and chatted for a very long time - and then I decided I better go pay for my stuff, because we were probably looking very suspicious just standing in the LP section... Then we went and grabbed a bunch of waters and found a table in the Contempo Cafe to chat for a while. :)

It wasn't long, and Suzi met us there (I think?)...

We found a completely empty area down in the Marina with a bunch of chairs - right on the water, and we chatted some more while we were waiting to board our pontoon.

Lots of chatting. (For the record - I talk a lot) ::yes:: (But so does Suzi... :lmao: ) (and Monica can hold her own...)

For some reason, Suzi had to go up to her room (maybe she will share pics of her view here???) - so I went with her, because I've always wanted to see a CR room for myself... They are very nice - comparatively - a bit smaller than our SoG room (V and I guessed about 1-2 ft narrower and maybe 5 ft shorter?) - but the view!!!! OK - I am afraid of heights, we all know this... So, I tried to go out on her balcony - but it was a NO GO for this girl... I had dreams of maybe watching the Epcot fireworks from her balcony at some point during our trip. Nope, not happening. I can stand at the patio door - and hang on - that's about it. :eek:

I haven't even got to the best part yet. LOL I may have to make this into 2 posts?

Yup, I do - too many pics and I am not taking any out...

Link to Day 4, Part 3b

D~​

Last edited:
Day 4, Part 3b

So, while we were up there - we realized that it was time to board our pontoon... So we ran to meet up with everyone again... Take a bunch of pics!!!! This was so AMAZING!!!! It really was!!! And beautiful!

The Birthday Girls...

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

All of us... L to R: Allison, Holly, Vi, Monica, Victoria, D~... Then Alexa and Suzi in the front. :lovestruc

IMG_1342.jpg

Vi and Monica...

20190602_201456_HDR.jpg

Victoria and Alexa

20190602_201501_HDR.jpg

Our Captain was Captain William - and he was great! A wealth of knowledge - truly. You can request a specific Captain when you book and I wouldn't hesitate to request Captain William again. :)

He gave us a nice tour of Bay Lake...

20190602_202107_HDR.jpg

He took us around by FW... Then past the old River Country (which is now completely torn up and gone), then past the Shoe Tree - where all of the Boat Captains throw their shoes on their last day of work...

20190602_202850_HDR.jpg

As we were crossing the water bridge... We found out there was cake... WOW!! And yum!!!

received_916443695487068.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpg

Bahahahahaha!!!!! FUZI!!!!!!!!!!

We almost died of laughter. Simple spelling error. :lmao:

20190602_203821.jpg

So, forever more... Suzi = Fuzi!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc

So, Fuzi and were put to the task of cutting cake - on the water - not such an easy task. LOL Basically - we got our own and let everyone fend for themselves... ::yes::

The cake was so delicious!!! Amazing!

20190602_205334.jpg

Just as we finished our cake, we were pulling up to the Electric Water Parade... Allison's video is better - but here's a few pics...

(ummm... All my pics are terrible - sorry... It really was beautiful)

20190602_205852_HDR.jpg

20190602_210147_HDR.jpg

And then... According to Captain William... "Once you see Happily Ever After from the water - you'll never want to see it any other way again..." I can't say I'd disagree. It was beautiful!

And a million pics (in no particular order) for your viewing enjoyment...

20190602_211650_HDR.jpg

20190602_212556_HDR.jpg

20190602_213118_HDR.jpg

20190602_213246_HDR.jpg

20190602_213310.jpg

20190602_213314_HDR.jpg

20190602_213318.jpg

20190602_213319.jpg

20190602_213321_HDR.jpg

20190602_213324_HDR.jpg

And that was it... Cpt. William fired up the pontoon and brought us back to the Marina at CR.

A truly spectacular end to my Birthday - and a truly spectacular beginning to Fuzi's Birthday! :lovestruc

We said our goodbyes to everyone... Fuzi and I exchanged our gifts.

The girls and I boarded the 3rd monorail (they were all full from the park closing) ----> TTC ----> Bus to SoG.

In bed at 11pm.

Link to Day 5, Part 1

D~​

Last edited:

I just wanted to let you know that I saw your post and I read it... I want to take the time to give a proper response, and I don't have time to do that at the moment. :lovestruc So, I will be back asap. :hug:

D~

What an amazing ending to your birthday!!! The cruise looks like so much fun and now I have another bucket list item to add-a cruise to watch the water pageant and fireworks from the lake! I LOVE fireworks and Disney's are the best-I could literally watch them every day. Your pics are beautiful and makes me want to do this asap ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!