~~~~ Sew, it seams this trip wasn't the adventure we had planned! ~~ January 2018! ~~ COMPLETE 5/6!

It is stressful waiting for the news. I was relieved from anticipation just reading the few sentences in between the reveal of all clear. I thank God for his kindness in blessing your health.

I absolutely love all the clothing you are making. The prints and colors are so spring-y. If I made clothing like that, I don’t think I’d ever set foot into a clothing store again. Although, I’m sure making clothing is very time consuming.

I’m sending hugs and prayers for continued good news about your medical tests. I’m glad you are in good spirits and I know you have a good support system in your family.

Day 4, Part I

Friday, January 19, 2018 ~ Epcot​

(OK - so Photobucket is really angering me this morning... It refuses to rotate any of my photos... My sincerest apologies!)

I was up on my own at 5am... I showered right away so the girls could sleep and I'd be out of their way while they were trying to get ready.

At 6am, I woke Allison and she got ready while I went on a Starbucks run.

And at 6:30, I woke Victoria.

IMG_4346.jpg

We were out the door at 7:45am. Walk ----> Poly ----> Monorail ----> TTC ----> Epcot Monorail ----> Epcot.

!!!!! It took us one hour to go from the door of SoG to the TTC - I have noted in my journal "1 hour fail"...

Epcot opened at 9am, and we arrived at 9:15 am... We were NOT impressed.

Victoria and I had to go to the bathroom SO BADLY... Allison took ALL of our bags through back check, and V and I RAN into the park through the non-bag line and directly to the restrooms. Allison saved us this morning - we would not have made it otherwise.

We met up with her after.

TT standby line was very long at this point... We decided not to ride. Instead, we went into Mouse Gear and found the red dot Spirit Jersey that was released this morning (which I couldn't live without)... They had a few...

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

And then we grabbed Starbucks too... And headed toward the Land building.

IMG_4352.jpg

We rode Soarin' with our FPs... Always requesting the front/middle.

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

And then we met a few characters...

CBDC7295-4043-4E02-A075-79E1EF632D7F.jpg

After, Allison rode Mission: Space by herself.

Then we met up with Tina and family at SSE - V was going to ride with them, but standby was 45 min - so we decided not to do that.

Instead we all headed towards World Showcase... We all took a few Photopass pictures together and separately... (Tina sent me the ones of all of us - but again - Photobucket is NOT cooperating at all with me this morning)

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

We parted ways with Tina and family - it was so fun meeting up with them again!

The girls and I started at Mexico and worked our way around.

We wandered through the Festival of Arts booths... V was in her glory! Allison and I would be walking, and we'd discover V missing - so we'd have to back track to find her - often times, she was chatting with an artist. V truly enjoyed this a lot!

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

Surprisingly, we arrived in Italy a little earlier than I thought we would have, so we checked into our lunch reservation at Via Napoli 30 minutes early... We ordered the Quattro Formaggi Signature Pie - white pizza: mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone $22-Individual, $35-Large (serves 2 - 3), $45- Mezzo Metro (serves 3 - 5)... Yah - we ordered the LARGE. LOL :eek: Surprisingly, we demolished it. ::yes:: This is our favorite pizza and it's delicious!

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4394.png

After lunch - we wandered more of the Festival... Often - again - losing V.

V LOVED this one!

IMG_4391.jpg

We spent a considerable amount of time in Japan, shopping for a specific item for BFF - which we didn't find.

IMG_4392.jpg

We stopped for a few Photopass pictures around France - and now I am so thankful we did this - these turned out to be some of my favorites of the 3 of us this trip. (Even if my eyes are closed...)

IMG_4396.jpg

3ED8025B-9600-4162-BE3A-295298CF1E5D.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

Allison and I decided we wanted Napoleons - while we were in line in France, I discovered that I'd left my GC in Via Napoli... I panicked for a few minutes - as I still had a LOT of $$ left on that GC... Allison led me through the crowds while I frantically tried loading the GC website on my phone - where I discovered all of my $$ was still there. At that point, we slowed down... Now - I *could* have just transferred that balance to one of my other GCs and called it good - but I didn't have any of them with me, so we would have had to go back to SoG to retrieve it... We decided to continue on our mission to get the GC. It took the servers at Via Napoli a few minutes to locate where the card went, but they found it and all was good.

Meanwhile, V was still looking at Festival stuff - and she was oblivious to this whole ordeal. LOL

Finally - we made it back to France and ordered our Napoleons...

IMG_4397.jpg

V came in to sit with us... She wasn't feeling well. :( Uh-oh... I didn't like the sound of this... It would take really NOT feeling well for her to ditch the Art Festival... ::yes:: So, she left Allison and I to go back to SoG to lay down.

Once we finished our Napoleons - Allison and I continued on without V. :( I was so sad... I really wanted both girls there and I know that V was enjoying the Festival so much!​

Link to Day 4 ~ Part II

D~

Last edited:
Looks like you had a great start to day 4.
The scream picture with Allison is really cool.
How great that you got your gift card back with all the $$ still on it.
It's so sad that V didn't feel well and had to go back to SoG.

Day 4 ~ Part II​

V had just left us - she was complaining of a terrible headache... I just knew it had to be bad if she was leaving the Art Festival - so her leaving didn't sit well with me and it dampered the rest of my day.

Allison and I continued around World Showcase, making our way to our next FP... Under the Seas with Nemo and Friends - and as usual, the FP wasn't needed...

IMG_4401.jpg

But it enabled us to get a FP for Test Track! :woohoo:

After Nemo - we wandered around the Seas pavilion for a while, where we found Bruce... Allison was a little confused about this Photopass picture - after all, we were the only tall people in line with a bunch of 4 year olds... :lmao:

IMG_4406.jpg

We decided to ride Living with the Land, as we had a bit of time to kill before our FP for TT... The standby time for LWTL was 20 minutes - which is much longer than we would ordinarily wait for this ride - but we had time and nothing better to do...

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

My house... (side ways... Thank you Photobucket)

IMG_4414.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

We still had time to kill before our TT FP - so we walked through Mouse Gear again - though we didn't get anything.

IMG_4420.jpg

We were stuck for about 10 minutes in the seat belt check area of TT - which was strange, we could see the loading and unloading area from where we were and they weren't unloading/loading anyone - so there must have been a malfunction somewhere? :scratchin

IMG_4424.jpg

We did some Photopass pictures as we exited the park - I was anxious to get back and check on V...

IMG_4425.jpg

Monorail ----> TTC ----> Resort Monorail ----> Poly

We stopped at Cpt Cooks for dinner since it was on our way back... We both had Aloha Pork sandwiches... I didn't say anything about them in my journal - so they must not have been good/bad.

Ummm.... We also grabbed Dole Whips - since we were right there. ::yes::

We walked back to SoG in the dark (which I don't like to do) - we tried to call for the Shady Shuttle, but there was no answer.

We were back to our room by 7pm...

V was sleeping - and coughing...

So, I updated my trip journal...

IMG_4426.jpg

We were all in bed sleeping by 8pm with 24k steps... Not sleeping well though - I noted - our room was noisy as it was right outside of the main elevator.​

Link to Day 5 ~ Part I

D~

Last edited:
Oh no the beginning of sickness for V - glad she got to enjoy some of the Festival. The Epcot pics of the 3 of you are so, so good. The pizza, and napoleons, yum. I love Epcot, just walking and seeing and talking to the Castmembers. Such a unique park.

Looking forward to more pics, even sideways:) Sending a huge hug.

Joining the TR primarily because I like the matching ears and bags you have, not for me of course :-) but for my DW I would like to get something like this for her b4 our trip this Dec.

Thx for sharing and though we knew it was coming I was sad to read “V” came down with crud

I absolutely love that spirit jersey! It’s adorable!

The Festival of Arts looks pretty neat. I don’t remember hearing about this before. Is it new? I’m sure V was in heaven since she herself loves art.

That pizza at Via Napoli is huge!

Sorry to hear that V got sick on vacation. Can’t wait to read more.

I'm such a late-comer, but I'm here! I love seeing your TRs on the boards.

Poor V. Being sick on vacation is the worst. My little one was sick on the last trip. I felt awful for her. I think with the Disney trips, you do so much planning that it made it harder because I kept thinking about all the things she was missing that she enjoys. In the end it was a good trip, just not the one we thought we would have.

I'm glad to hear that your results showed benign. It is always a worry until the results come in.

I discovered that I'd left my GC in Via Napoli... I panicked for a few minutes - as I still had a LOT of $$ left on that GC... Allison led me through the crowds while I frantically tried loading the GC website on my phone - where I discovered all of my $$ was still there. At that point, we slowed down... Now - I *could* have just transferred that balance to one of my other GCs and called it good - but I didn't have any of them with me, so we would have had to go back to SoG to retrieve it... We decided to continue on our mission to get the GC. It took the servers at Via Napoli a few minutes to locate where the card went, but they found it and all was good.
I always have an extra gift card with a zero balance loaded in my Disney gift card account, just in case something like this happens. I'm glad they found your card at Via Napoli.

I like Victoria's Amsterdam sweatshirt. It was perfect for Epcot.

I didn't know that she started to get sick so early in the trip. What a bummer for her. Our youngest daughter got sick on a Disney trip when she was a teenager and missed two park days. We all felt very guilty going to the parks without her.

It's too bad about Victoria getting sick so early in your trip. At least she got to enjoy part of the Art Festival. We've gotten colds at Disney but not the flu. I can't even imagine trying to do Disney with the flu I had this year.

That pizza looks good. We have only eaten there once and it's not a priority to go back. The things we didn't like were the bad service and the amount of crust with no toppings. I just don't like dry crust. but we still had plenty to eat. Glad they were able to find your gift card.

So sorry to hear about V's early departure. Looks like you all still had a mostly good day overall though.

We wandered through the Festival of Arts booths... V was in her glory! Allison and I would be walking, and we'd discover V missing - so we'd have to back track to find her - often times, she was chatting with an artist. V truly enjoyed this a lot!
It sounds like the Festival was really something exciting! I've seen a lot of people posting about their adventures. I love those cutouts where you could put yourself in a famous painting. I bet as an artist, V must have been totally in her element!!

V had just left us - she was complaining of a terrible headache... I just knew it had to be bad if she was leaving the Art Festival - so her leaving didn't sit well with me and it dampered the rest of my day.

:( Poor V. I hate losing precious park time to feeling sick. I'm sure it was hard to try to still enjoy your time/day knowing she wasn't feeling well and was missing out.

First off, I'm glad you got/are getting things checked and that that everything has come back benign so far. Prayers that the other tests/procedures will come back fine as well! It can be nerve-wracking to wait on test results and I'm glad things are fine so far.

LOVE the clothes you're making! Such fun patterns and colors -- so cute. You're such a talented seamstress. And happy 98th birthday to your grandmother! That coral color is really lovely on you.

Fun trip updates....but sad that V (and you) got sick. Knowing how much she loves art, she really must have been feeling terrible to decide to go back to the resort. :-(

Hugs!

Day 4 looked so fun until V got sick. I know the Art Festival was probably a highlight for her. That pizza looks amazing! I'm so glad you recovered your GC. Whew! If you think it's something I might find here in Japan, let me know what you were looking for for your BFF and I might be able to get it for you- not sure if it's more of a "Disney" thing or "Japan" thing, but if I can help, let me know!

Today is Emma's birthday (12) and the first day of Spring. We just found out that my parents are visiting us in June, so I have a lot of Spring cleaning to do before then. I am so excited to see them and show them around.

I hope you are having a great week.

Sorry to see that V got sick so early on in the trip. For her to leave the Art Festival must have been so sad for her.
That pizza looks AMAZING!!

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Glad things are going ok. I too deal with it and I go every 6 months for testing etc.. Glad I have a team of doctors that look out for me. I will be thinking of you!!

We have been hit with 4 Nor'easters here. Thankfully the last one only dropped a few inches - which melted by noon. It was beautiful on all the trees, but it's time for it to stop already. We need SPRING!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Oh no....poor V :faint:
But I’m glad you got most of the day in with her. And she got to enjoy Via Napoli first! Num num.

So question....in the morning, why didn’t you just walk from Poly to TTC and get the Epcot monorail? Saves the whole trip around the lagoon and with your awful monorail luck I’m surprised you chanced it!

Love all your clothes, that skirt is my favorite!

So sad V got sick! When we were on our trip a week(ish) before y'all left, I was terrified of getting sick! I work in a high school and the flu was EVERYWHERE! My hands were so raw before the trip from washing them a million times a day. I was even opening doors with tissue, lol! I was NOT going to let the flu stop me from Disney!!

Can't wait to read more about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter