Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Progresses with Major Concrete Pour

Rumors Rocks

Mouseketeer
The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train "concrete hills" are taking form. Click link for more details.

http://damouse.com/2013/03/27/seven-dwarfs-mine-train-concrete-hills-coming-alive-in-late-march/

DSC06912.jpg

This is great i just can't wait to see and ride the finished product. The rest of new fantasyland has looked amazing so far I can't expect this to be any less especially when they have taken this long on this particular thing.

Oh, very exciting! I only wish it would be done by December because I'm not sure when we're going to be back due to TTC after our December trip. Lol. I'm so selfish sometimes when it comes to Disney. :rotfl:

Oh, very exciting! I only wish it would be done by December because I'm not sure when we're going to be back due to TTC after our December trip. Lol. I'm so selfish sometimes when it comes to Disney. :rotfl:

Haha! I'm even worse - I want it done by Sept! :rotfl:

MrsDrewsky said:
trying to conceive ;)

Oh...probably not the kinda thing that needs to be announced.

20 years ago when they talked about the "information age"...I'm not sure it was all encompassing. :)

Great that it's progressing but I wish they'd get the construction guys from Universal - This project is taking soooooo looooooong....

Great that it's progressing but I wish they'd get the construction guys from Universal - This project is taking soooooo looooooong....

But if they got the construction guys from universal, it might look like it is from universal.

its probably intentional...

whether that's true or not...i like to think that this idea is growing in public opinion.

It would be nice for management to know that the public is catching on:

these projects arent long due to "world class, one of a kind, storytelling and detail"...they are so because the longer it takes, the less gets built on the whole and they can suck $95 a person per day for 5+ years as they point to "look at all the money WE'RE SPENDING ON YOU!"

yeah...Candyland

I completely agree with you lockedoutlogic and think that part of the daft Avatarland announcements (where they actually announce nothing really tangible) is to give the IMPRESSION that theyre matching Universal for investments.

Like you said, the longer they string it out- the cheaper it works out for them. We all now that doing a job quickly costs more. Disney manages its PR really well buti think more and more people are cottoning on to their lack of new investment in their Florida parks.

beer-Dave - that's the strangest thing I've heard. it doesn't matter where the construction workers come from, it's the design and theming that says whether it's Disney or universal!

beer-Dave - that's the strangest thing I've heard. it doesn't matter where the construction workers come from, it's the design and theming that says whether it's Disney or universal!

Well in my limited construction experience, the PM who rushes the Super to rush the subs who rush the general laborers turn out a lesser quality project.

Art takes time.

and

I once knew a man with wooden legs and real feet.

I didn't want to disappoint you and not post the strangest thing you have ever heard. Clearly (?) this is stranger than my other post.

I would like to think I have now raised the bar for strange things you have heard. In my next post I will have a hard time beating this one.

Well in my limited construction experience, the PM who rushes the Super to rush the subs who rush the general laborers turn out a lesser quality project.

Art takes time.
~Yes, art takes time -- but it doesn't take an eternity. Seriously, this mine train thing is taking forever! Disney needs to apologize & rehire all of those talented imagineers they let go to Universal! :goodvibes

DRDISNEYMD said:
~Yes, art takes time -- but it doesn't take an eternity. Seriously, this mine train thing is taking forever! Disney needs to apologize & rehire all of those talented imagineers they let go to Universal! :goodvibes

Wow...I think we might be zen on this one...

Disney displays no urgency and its obvious why: the longer it takes...the more you can pump it.

The timelines today are contrary to they way did it in the past...
In the past, not only was it about proper investment and quality...it was also about the urgency to deliver.

Most Disney construction contracts used to involve a bonus system that rewarded
Early completion...can't imagine that is stressed now.

While what I have seen of the new fantasyland land (partial completion...better
Look next month)...looks good....
Come on...4 years into construction with another year or so?

Kidding, right?

Well just a year to go! :)

At best! LOL!

Does anyone think this new FL has been a quality upgrade, especially in light of what Uni and Sea World have/are giving us? you'd have to have tunnel vision...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter