Setting up favors at HDD?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by justme0729, Mar 28, 2017.

1. justme0729

justme0729 DIS Veteran

For anyone that has done HDD for a rehearsal or welcome dinner, would they let me go to our tables early to put some custom menus with our names etc, celebration buttons, etc at each place setting?

2. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

It will depend on the show time. The shows are pretty much one right after the other so there isn't a lot of turn around time. I'd ask before making the booking and then checking again with the host when you get there. They may not let you in to do it, but the host may allow you to give the items to a server to do it for you as the tables are turned around.

3. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Seeing isn't Believing, Believing is Seeing.

1) No, we do not allow this.
    2) I have been asked several times for celebrations of anniversaries, birthdays, etc. *
    3) There is not enough time between shows.
    4) The first show has CM's schedules too close to the show time to allow folks to enter.
    5) Your option would to be first in line and decorate before the others enter the room.
    6) Going to be awfully tight, but it might work.
    7) Of course, you would miss the group picture.

* Can you imagine the confusion, if we allowed this? EVERYONE would want to get in early to decorate a table under some pretense or another. It would be unmanageable.

4. justme0729

justme0729 DIS Veteran

When it comes time for our table to be seated at 8:30pm, could I just have my group wait to go in for 1 minute while I put some things there? Then it wouldn't be earlier than the time the hosts expect people to enter.

If I'm remembering right, the photo was well before actually being seated?

5. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Seeing isn't Believing, Believing is Seeing.

1) You could have them go to the end of the line.
    2) That might buy you a few minutes.
    3) Your ticket has the table number printed on it.
    . . . Example: Table #045
    . . . 0 = main floor
    . . . 4 = fourth row from stage
    . . . 5 = fifth table from the left when facing the stage

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    justme0729 likes this.