Sesame Street at SeaWorld

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by HopperFan, May 2, 2018.

1. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Had not seen this posted, but SeaWorld released info about the new Sesame Street area. We are excited and we are all adults ....

Having been to Sesame Place when kids were young, and my favorite was being in the Neighborhood - I think this might be a big plus for SeaWorld!

https://seaworld.com/orlando/rides/sesame-street/?linkId=51210253

sesame Sea World.jpg

2. andyw715

andyw715 Mouseketeer

I think it looks cool and all, but what does it have to do with Seaworld? I always thought of SW as a theme park based around water life, sprinkled with some amusement park rides. But this along with the increasing number of carnival games/attractions it seems to be turning into an amusement park. Isn't that what BG is for?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

All of the SeaWorld parks have something Sesame Street themed in the parks (I believe SeaWorld owns something with the rights). In fact, SWO has already had Sesame Street stuff in the park (multiple shows throughout the year, and characters make appearances)

5. BachataMan

BachataMan Registered

This is a bad use of an IP. Sea World already has Shamu and Pals. They were doing fine with that.

6. FLOIR

FLOIR Mouseketeer

Although often overlooked because it is so small don't forget that SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment also owns Sesame Place park near Philadelphia so there appears to be a long standing arrangement between SeaWorld and Sesame Workshop who handles the licensing of the Sesame Street name.

Like Joanna71985 mentioned above there was already use of the Sesame Street name and characters in various places of most of the parks so they are just expending on that. Orlando has had various shows, especially during Christmas and Halloween, featuring the characters.

Unfortunately the Shamu name and brand appear to be tainted and may be for a number of years ahead. I think it makes sense to change the kids area to something less controversial and probably one that more people, especially kids, are more familiar with.

monica9 likes this.
  7. FLOIR

FLOIR Mouseketeer

The constructions walls are up around the former Happy Harbor area and a lot has been removed already. These are not great shots but they are from the Shamu Stadium area and show where the net structure play area used to be, and also the ship and the splash pad, basically everything that was in the middle of the Happy Harbor area is gone

30 percent IMAG0298.jpg 30 percent IMAG0299.jpg

8. pigletgirl

pigletgirl Mama to my Minnie Mouse lovin' girl!

My girls will enjoy this.

9. monica9

monica9 DIS Veteran

Any rumored date being leaked? I want to book for April 2019 but spring 2019 opening is too vague and would hate to miss it