??? Seroquel

robin09

DIS Veteran
HI, Cmae to my favorite boards, peole that I know that can guide me! DD8 has aspergers, ocd, adhd, sensory problems...

Tonight she was prescribed Seroquel. Does anyone here know about this med? The last time we tried any meds it was a horror and I don't want to repeat it. Last time she took concerta. The Dr. tonight said this should help her sleep and start toning down her aggressions.

When I read the insert I start to get nervous, so I come here for your expertise.... HELP! any insights?

Thanks a million!

Hey! Don't know about the med you are asking about, but wanted to say hello. DS (11) has NLD (a lot like Aspergers), OCD, sensory issues, and ADHD-like symptoms. (We can't ever tell if the ADHD-like symptoms are really ADHD or just a by-product of the sensory stuff.) But I wanted to tell you that we, too, had nightmarish results with Concerta. (DS developed tics that stayed with him for six months AFTER he stopped Concerta, which he only took for two weeks.) What is Seroquel specifically targeted for?

Julie

Hey! Don't know about the med you are asking about, but wanted to say hello. DS (11) has NLD (a lot like Aspergers), OCD, sensory issues, and ADHD-like symptoms. (We can't ever tell if the ADHD-like symptoms are really ADHD or just a by-product of the sensory stuff.) But I wanted to tell you that we, too, had nightmarish results with Concerta. (DS developed tics that stayed with him for six months AFTER he stopped Concerta, which he only took for two weeks.) What is Seroquel specifically targeted for?

Julie
Hi Julie, Nice to meet you too! :goodvibes
As I've been looking up Seroquel it has made me very nervous, which is probably the reason I just shouldn't search meds. But then again, I don't trust most doctors and need to know I'm doing the right thing for DD8.

When I went on Medical sites, they all said it is for the treatment of Schizophrenia and bipolar. Both of which DD has not been diagnosed with. The Psych last night said it will help her with sleep and aggression. I"m just not sure and need to hear feedback on this med, or if I should contact dr. and get it changed.

I'm sorry your DS had such a bad reaction to concerta but I totally understand, as I saw my DD reactions, and they happened within 10 days, ughh I really don't like playing the med game! Take care and thankyou, !

My dd10 is Aspie and has been on Seroquel and Concerta for about a year now. No problems with it. It is in the Risperdil(sp?) family, it does make her less anxious and help her sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter