Seriously? Come on Disney...

I couldn't agree with you more! The scenery is too pretty not to do a balcony in my opinion! So worth the extra $$$

You're right; the scenery is SO pretty that I wouldn't want to be limited to viewing it from one side of the ship - even if I had a balcony.

We did Alaska last summer, and the veranda was worth every penny. As we went up Tracy Arm, we had room service deliver coffee and cookies. We sat on the veranda all day taking pictures and just looking at the beauty.

That sounds like a great day:goodvibes I'd try to swing a verandah too if I was sailing on a cruise to Alaska.

Good to hear. That's what we will be doing!

And for the negative nelly's out there....I am aware of the definition of gouging..perhaps I should have added a smilely face...

And there is no " I want it for free" here... :)
Of course Disney will try to make money .... I am just in shock of what they are charging....and what people are paying.This Alaska stuff is all new to us and the sticker shock is, well, very shocking.
(And I haven't even mentioned excursions..:headache:)

The bolding is what you're really surprised with!

The cost of our June cruise has gone up by about 227% - yes 227%!! I can't believe people are paying that much more for the same cruise.

If people aren't paying it, Disney wouldn't be able to charge so much. If one views the perceived value to exceed their cost, they'll pay it. As others have said, this is a luxury item, not a necessity. Some think that the value for a verandah for Alaska is worth it, others don't. You can always go with the inside stateroom, cruise on another line, cruise somewhere else or do a completely different vacation. It's your choice.

You're right; the scenery is SO pretty that I wouldn't want to be limited to viewing it from one side of the ship - even if I had a balcony.

We had a SPH and spent most of our time on decks 4 and 10 going back and forth as whales were spotted and we could enjoy the view from the other side of the ship. I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on any of it and plan to do the same thing next time.

The bolding is what you're really surprised with!

The cost of our June cruise has gone up by about 227% - yes 227%!! I can't believe people are paying that much more for the same cruise.

If people aren't paying it, Disney wouldn't be able to charge so much. If one views the perceived value to exceed their cost, they'll pay it. As others have said, this is a luxury item, not a necessity. Some think that the value for a verandah for Alaska is worth it, others don't. You can always go with the inside stateroom, cruise on another line, cruise somewhere else or do a completely different vacation. It's your choice.

Exactly - vote with your wallet! For me, the $1800 difference between an inside cabin and a verandah is another cruise. $1809.68 (to be exact) would pay for an inside gty cabin on the 12-night Celebrity Silhouette Med cruise that my DH and I will be on next month: http://www.celebritycruises.com/boo...isRestrictedPriceProgram=false&isUpSold=false

We had a SPH and spent most of our time on decks 4 and 10 going back and forth as whales were spotted and we could enjoy the view from the other side of the ship. I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on any of it and plan to do the same thing next time.

You were the smart ones! There's nothing like being on an outside deck and getting a great view in all directions!

I have spent a lot of time on outside decks during scenic cruising in Alaska. In order to stay outside for several hours at a time, you need to be dressed appropriately, and that means layers and hat & gloves.

Definitely, along with using the blankets provided on deck 4. :) It felt very weird packing for the MV after our last cruise to Alaska. I felt like I was forgetting a lot but didn't need the warmer clothing this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter