Seriously Big Park Hours Update 8/29-11/2 - Daily AM EMHs added for DHS, DAK, & MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and schedule the fast passes for early evening at whatever park we’re headed to, which would require me to make solid hopping plans before FP window opens, but may make the best use of them? With so many parks having early morning hours, I expect the crowds to be more spread out than when it was just one EMH choice. Meaning they might be more valuable later in the day? Thoughts, please?
IMO, that’s a good plan if you are sure that you can be there at 7 am (assuming MK and AK, not DS). I have to keep reminding myself that this isn’t 2 hours of EMH from 7-9 am, it is only 7 - 8 am with park opening moved to 8 am.

You could be at a park from 7-10 am, then leave and do the afternoon FPs as you suggest - however, there may not be any other FPs remaining by the time you use your third FP in the late afternoon/evening.

I hearby rename Galaxy`s Edge. Welcome to Chewbacca World!

For future reference, per the Universal website, the name for both HP areas taken together is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Many folks on the Universal forum here abbreviate to WWoHP. If you'd like to call each area by it's correct name (per the Universal website), they are The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade.

Bravo Disney!

I'm really happy about all of the extra hours! For too long Disney has really cut back on those, so this is a nice surprise. I don't know if it's being use as an incentive to get people to book onsite or not. I think they are planning for crowds-big, big crowds. And that is exactly what they should be doing-planning ahead.

I'm part of that 1st week in September group that was shocked by the SWGE announcement, but decided to embrace it. I had plans in place and this is causing me to re-think those. I had thoughts that we would need to spend almost 2 whole days at DHS, causing us to lose time in other parks and pool time. These extra hours really do help with that.

Getting the family out of bed and listening to the grumbling...that's another issue, lol.

Over the last 18 years of trips I've been called the Disney Drill Sergent by my family. I sent this to my DS when I texted him about the 6AM opening times-

View attachment 399188
This literally made me laugh out loud :rotfl2:

I am such a planner, and there is so much of the unknown and TBD involved now in our Sept 7-13 trip. We had no trouble getting all our ADR's. Now I am waiting to see if we can get the fast passes we want, and just how the crowds look the first week of GE opening since we will be there the second. Will these extra hours be a blessing allowing us to get in the TSL rides a couple of times with no waits, or a necessity so that waits for rides after the early park openings even in AK and MK become hours long without fast passes? We are going again in May, so no plans to see GE this visit.

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed what time Fantasmic will be if the park is open until 10pm? I’ve read this whole thread and searched more widely but can’t find anyone discussing that. I appreciate it’s not the most burning issue here.

Has it been confirmed what time Fantasmic will be if the park is open until 10pm? I’ve read this whole thread and searched more widely but can’t find anyone discussing that. I appreciate it’s not the most burning issue here.

park hours on the WDW web site is showing Fantasmic at 8pm every night even w/ the 10pm close. I am not seeing any listing for the SW fireworks though - wonder if that is moving or changing.

For our trip the second week of September, the Disney website is still showing Fantasmic at 8:30-which would mean no change-

Speculation on my part, but I would keep an eye on if they add a second F! show once SWGE opens and DHS has those long hours.

We have 8am breakfast reservations at Animal Kingdom , Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studious first week of September and was looking forward to getting inside ahead of the crowds, now the crowds will have been there an hour (or more) before our breakfast time. For my wife who is a photographer there goes the empty park shots

I thought the same thing but MK has 7A breakfast slots; I haven’t checked any of the other parks. I know not PPO now but they should permit entry a few minutes early to ensure guests aren’t late.

This thread, which began almost 2 months ago, hasn’t had continued discussion for almost 2 months. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!