September vs October - ADVICE!!

MacMama0930

I've Found My Laughing Place
So, we've done MHP the last two years and have been on the fence about it this year. One reason being just how crazy crowded it was last year! We went, unknowingly, during an Arizona/Hawaii/and Lord only knows who else/ fall break and while we had a blast, the crowds were rough. And even though I now know I can avoid that week, it seemed like the whole month of October was pretty slammed.

But...our APs expire in October and I want to do one last trip since I'm not sure we'll be renewing.

That got me thinking about mid-Sept, when Halloweentime has started but not the parties. Is there still a lot to enjoy without the party? But, oh...those Halloween Scream fireworks are breathtaking...but oh, those could be cancelled any night of the week...and oh, it could be so hot in septmeber...blah blah. You see my dilemma!

Right now I'm booked at GCH October 4-7, but obviously there's time to change that!

I can almost guarantee that October 6 and 7 will be very busy in the parks. That's Gay Days weekend (Oct 6-8), one of the largest unofficial events at DLR, coupled with a three day weekend for some folks (Oct 9 is Columbus Day, which some folks get off).

It seems like crowds are hard to predict these days, with the past no longer being a very good indicator for the future. My guess is that the weekdays will still be better than the weekends, regardless of whether you go in September or October. I would normally say that going towards the very end of September gives you the best of chance of being there while there is an MHP, but it's hard to know if the weather will be okay and what crowds will be like (they have not yet announced any special events, ticket offers, etc. that may impacts crowds). Still, I'd move the trip to one week earlier and hope for the best.

I can almost guarantee that October 6 and 7 will be very busy in the parks. That's Gay Days weekend (Oct 6-8), one of the largest unofficial events at DLR, coupled with a three day weekend for some folks (Oct 9 is Columbus Day, which some folks get off).

It seems like crowds are hard to predict these days, with the past no longer being a very good indicator for the future. My guess is that the weekdays will still be better than the weekends, regardless of whether you go in September or October. I would normally say that going towards the very end of September gives you the best of chance of being there while there is an MHP, but it's hard to know if the weather will be okay and what crowds will be like (they have not yet announced any special events, ticket offers, etc. that may impacts crowds). Still, I'd move the trip to one week earlier and hope for the best.

Thank you for the advice!! I didn't realize that Gay Days brought in huge crowds. I think moving it makes sense! I'm sure there will be a party at the end of September.

Living here in SoCal my entire life, the fall weather is such a crapshoot. We've had 90 degrees for Halloween and last year it was quite cold (for us) and rainy at the end of October. September can be absolutely gorgeous or boiling. I wouldn't bet on either month having better or worse weather... hope for the best. Either way, it's nothing like Florida weather! I went to WDW in October and nearly melted from the heat! It's not like that here. I can't even imagine WDW in the summer.

Living here in SoCal my entire life, the fall weather is such a crapshoot. We've had 90 degrees for Halloween and last year it was quite cold (for us) and rainy at the end of October. September can be absolutely gorgeous or boiling. I wouldn't bet on either month having better or worse weather... hope for the best. Either way, it's nothing like Florida weather! I went to WDW in October and nearly melted from the heat! It's not like that here. I can't even imagine WDW in the summer.

That's why I know I can't do WDW. I'm on the central coast of CA, so heat is NOT my thing. Our first time at Disneyland was October 2015 and we saw 100 degree days. Brutal!! But our touring style really is hit up the parks first thing in the AM, pool/hotel in the afternoon and return for evening entertainment...so the hottest part of the day is spent outside of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter