September 6-13 Seven Theme Parks

hdnwaters

NC Disney Fan
We just returned from a great week in Florida! First of all....YES...it was HOT! The good part is most of the parks provide shade, cover, fans, misters & AC buildings. We were very lucky to have finished our days before the arrival of the afternoon storms. My husband and future son-in-law were in Orlando on business, so this trip we stayed at the Homewood Suites on International Drive. A good location to walk to some great restaurants, very convenient to SeaWorld and Universal but we really missed our Disney resorts! Here's how we spent our week:

Monday: Downtown Disney (Dinner Raglan Road)
Tuesday: SeaWorld with the whole family
Wednesday:
IOA...get wet day! Rode the train to US! (Lunch at Margaritaville)
Thursday: Epcot (Lunch San Angel)
Friday: 3 Park Hop.....MK, AK, HS (Lunch Yak & Yeti)
Saturday: US/IOA (Lunch Lombard's Seafood)

I'm not going into full details but I will make a few comments for travel tips!

For those "offsite" driving to WDW (especially the park hoppers):
DONT PARK AT THE TTC!!! Leave your car at the last park, take the bus to the first park. The bus to MK will let you out up front or take the Contemporary bus, close enough. Monorails are good also.

Park Hoppers:
Use your FPs at the first park! We almost missed our lunch reservation by waiting in lines! During the afternoon you can get extra FPs once your first 3 are used.

Do table service for lunches....it's a nice break.

Get a Dole Whip with Rum at AK, Tamu Tamu....nice seating area behind it with African Band.

Go to US/IOA.....the 3D experiences are awesome and I know nothing about Harry Potter!

Tower of Terror is not nearly as scary as it used to be before the days of lap belts and handles! (My daughter was convinced she was going to die, she turned me after the drop sequence and said, "We still have to do the big drop"....the ride was over...lol.

The Penguin ride at SW is really lame but the only way to see the penguins. Be sure to see the Pet show.

Get a Memory Maker or Share one....the photos are fun...love the magic shots.

Use the Single Rider lines!

An Uber from ID to WDW is $12-$14....works well!

Have fun....if you have questions just ask!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter