September 2022 Club

Broadsword

Earning My Ears
Anyone else planning to go then?

6 in our party
Staying in a villa
14 Day combo tickets Disney/Universal

Who else is going then??

Yes we are! 8-26 Sept, 5 nights at Portofino Bay then 13 nights at CBR. It’s DH retirement holiday, it will be 18 years since we were last in Florida so it’s going to be a whole new experience 😀

Yes we are! 8-26 Sept, 5 nights at Portofino Bay then 13 nights at CBR. It’s DH retirement holiday, it will be 18 years since we were last in Florida so it’s going to be a whole new experience 😀
I love Portofino! 18 years is a long break! Sounds like a great trip. Have you booked flights yet?

Not yet, we’ve got flight vouchers from having cancelled flights last year so have to wait til Sept/Oct for them to go on sale. Hotels and tickets are all sorted. It is a long time since our last visit, we thought we’d do it before we are too old and knackered 😂

Yes, we've booked offsite for the first time at Holiday Inn at Lake Buena Vista through Virgin, so we've got the package including flights. We've only booked the 14 day ticket with Disney so far, but we'll probably buy a one or two day ticket for Universal too.

We have planned our honeymoon for then, our engagement was in out previous Orlando-holiday. Due to the very large price increases since 2018 (when we booked previously for september 2019), we decided to stay a lot shorter at Disney and a week longer at Universal though. Universal barely got more expensive but Disney rose it's prices massively. We paid 4000 euros for 10 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge + 21days tickets + dining plan + parking, that would cost 6000 now with dining credits worth about 1000 USD less than the diningplan was and tickets for max 14 days. That would mean it is an increase of about eighty percent! So now we opted for a less luxurious and shorter stay at WDW while we will stay longer and more luxurious at UOR. I think Disney is overplaying it's hand...

september 3 rd flying from Newcastle, 14 nights at Royal Pacific. We’ve done this pretty much for the last ten years apart from last year. Booked for this October, don’t think it’s gonna happen☹️

End of Sep for us, for Halloween week, on our points to take some really good friends, sadly without the Dad of the family who we lost last year. We are still hopeful we will get there. Heart over head and all that.

We have booked 17th Sept to 1st Oct. My son turns 3 on the 2nd Oct so we thought we should go while his still free.

We took advantage of the 50th anniversary offer to stay at Coronado Springs. Would have preferred CBR but it was only the pirate rooms which the offer applied to (at CS standard rooms are included) which made it £800 more expensive than CS. The room and tickets with the $1000 dining and gift card from Disney came to a reasonable price for the two weeks.

We have been a few times (previously stayed at AKL and at a villa) before we had our son, so this will certainly be a new experience... a little disappointed the magic express will not be operating next year.

Anyone else planning to go then?

6 in our party
Staying in a villa
14 Day combo tickets Disney/Universal

Who else is going then??

booked to stay at Hilton Bonnet Creek. First trip in 15 years after previously going yearly.

What site have you bought your tickets through and have you used them before?

september 3 rd flying from Newcastle, 14 nights at Royal Pacific. We’ve done this pretty much for the last ten years apart from last year. Booked for this October, don’t think it’s gonna happen☹
I’ve written off 2021. See what the situation is when flights are available in October.

Our plan is for August '22. Fully offsite, though.

I'm struggling to summon up any enthusiasm for the trip, though. I looked on MDE this afternoon and there was a 75 minute wait for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, 5 rides in total in Magic Kingdom with 1 hour + waits. 90 minutes for Avatar Flight of Passage and 45 min+ waits at 4 rides in Animal Kingdom, 2 hours for Slinky Dog Dash, 45 min+ waits at 6 rides in Hollywood Studios and over an hour for 4 rides in Epcot.

I think I'm in for a lot of waiting when we go next summer and the attendance caps are lifted.

We're going end of August to the 8th September next year, staying at the Beach Club for the first time 😍 We'd usually be planning to go this October but didn't really want to risk it too much and figured by September next year hopefully things will be a little more back to the before times, with some form of fast pass (hopefully not a paid version...😣) and proper character meet and greets.

We’ve changed our hotel! We were booked at Caribbean Beach, but when Post Orleans Riverside opened up we just couldn’t resist. I think we were a bit scared that if we had stayed at CBR we would wish we were at POR. We have promised ourselves a visit to CBR while we are out there, to have a look around to see if we might want to stay at CBR on a future trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!