The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Chris thoughts and prayers for your pup if memory serves me she is a senior citizen. We have special aspirins for dogs that we give ours ( Childrens work well if needed an she gets regular doses of Cosequin for her joints) when she needs it helps
Nice unit best of luck and times with it.

Chris thoughts and prayers for your pup if memory serves me she is a senior citizen. We have special aspirins for dogs that we give ours ( Childrens work well if needed an she gets regular doses of Cosequin for her joints) when she needs it helps
Nice unit best of luck and times with it.

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers concerning the dog. We think she may have gotten into some weeds that had been sprayed with a weed killer. She is doing a lot better today, although, her appetite is still not fully recovered. She is not exactly a senior yet, she is around 7 but for a smaller dog like her that is not too bad.
Thank all for the best wishes also on the new camping unit.

And now the dog is sick. Not sure what is wrong with her but she will not put any weight on her back legs. Hope it is not serious, but having my doubts.:sad1:
I know I am late, but I too wish well for your dog. I know how it feels. Our 8 Year Old Lab (which does put him in the Senior category) has been struggling with Rheumatoid Arthritis for over a year now. Some times the treatment is worse than the disease. He was on Prednisone (high dose too), but long story short the side effects were giving him a POOR quality of life to the point we decided we'd rather him have a better QOL then to deal with the side effects. The vet did come up with another med but it was more expensive (in the long run though, we actually got it cheaper then the prednisone). He responded MUCH better and all those side effects disappeared.

He still has RA, (and that won't change) but doing 1000% better. I hope your little gal gets better soon. I know how heart wrenching it can be.

New 5er looks good. I sort of Laughed when I saw your crumple... I don't know, it seems, for me anyway, that "Something" has to get screwed up for it to be successful. When we brought our First TT home, While pulling over at home, I didn't realize how high the TT was or how low the eve was on the garage (that I was parking next too), and..... well..... I crumpled the top a bit. The next/current TT, while bringing it home was MUCH MUCH longer (by about 10 feet) and I didn't realize how much the Tail Swing really was... well... Yup... I whacked another car with the tail. Did about 1K damage to the car (Paid cash to the owner... That hurt too) and I screwed up the Stabilizer and crumpled some tin and trim on the TT. I was able to fix the stabilizer myself, but the Trim/tin will need a bit more than I am prepared to do.

Oh well... I guess it's just the way these things go.

Happy camping and again, hope your furry friend gets well soon and I hope you get some sleep.

Paul,
Thank you. Seems whatever she had has run thru her system and she is near normal again. As for the camper, the dealership is supposed to be working to fix it, they are due to call me today about it.

So it is Thursday of another work week. Working on my weekend plans, and DW has a big list.....just kidding, it is not just her list. Looking to install a 50 amp outlet so we can hook up the trailer while at home and loading. We plan on getting the trailer loaded up this weekend with all the kitchen and bathroom/bedroom stuff that normally resides in it. I am sure while camping we will move stuff and shuffle it around until we find out where everything works best. This is especially true in the kitchen, and I have space for grilling utensils, etc in the outdoor kitchen area also. Maybe we might even have a camp in the driveway event after we get it loaded up. Still have to sanitize and flush the fresh water tank, not sure if the dealership did it or not, so I will. This way I know it was done, not that we use the tank much to start with, mainly just while on the road. Lunch is done and time to get ready for work.
Will post pictures of camper updates/mods as we make them.

So here was the project of the day before work.
20170602_113830.jpeg
Washer dryer space before......

20170602_120048.jpeg

Washer dryer space, converted. We now have plenty of room to store towels, wash cloths, bed linens and the like in this space.

So as everyone recovers from GSP, I have had a busy day getting ready for Sept. Today found us installing 50 amp service so we can run everything while packing. Had the AC on today, and it kept it reasonable in the trailer. We were in the full sun all day, so it did ok. That is one thing I have seen a lot of complaints on other forums. We then started to load up the trailer, finding new homes for our stuff, figuring out if we really need stuff. Was a good day, could have been better, we could have been camping at Disney, but soon enough.
20170603_204149.jpeg

20170603_152039.jpeg
Getting loaded up so we can do some camping.....

So another day of working on and in the trailer to get it camping ready.

20170604_125446.jpeg
Back of the trailer

20170604_125359.jpeg
Labeled light switches

20170604_125254.jpeg
Bed made

20170604_115203.jpeg
Spices hung inside pantry door.

aa0c1a6f56d77c0e133a5573d48a9c09.jpg
And let's go camping...

Chris things are progressing nicely My DW wants to know where you got the window decal???

Completely in awe of PAHunter's fifth wheel! We will be staying at the Fort Sept 7-9 in a cabin before we switch over to AKV. I haven't stayed here since took my grandparents' RV 20+ year so ago, but we try to visit every trip because we love the atmosphere.
I reserved a golf cart a few months back, which I think my kids are going to love more than any of the actual rides in the park. We plan on just hanging around and enjoying some relaxation time while we're at the Fort, no park days til the AKV part of the trip.

Last edited:
Completely in awe of PAHunter's fifth wheel! We will be a thing the Fort Sept 7-9 in a cabin before we switch over to AKV. I haven't stayed here since took my grandparents' RV 20+ year so ago, but we try to visit every trip because we love the atmosphere.
I reserved a golf cart a few months back, which I think my kids are going to love more than any of the actual rides in the park. We plan on just hanging around and enjoying some relaxation time while we're at the Fort, no park days til the AKV part of the trip.

Sleepy, Thank you very much. The DW an I wanted to make this our last purchase, and plan on enjoying it for many years to come. We love the Fort and well love to camp, period. Last year did not do enough of it, and well I have 2 weeks already this year in our previous TT. The new fifth wheel is just about ready for it's maiden camping trip, somewhere...

So this week, seems I have done nothing but sleep and work. No not much getting done on either the Disney front or camper. I did manage time to call and make sure the additional day we added had the same trailer information and that it linked to our other reservation. New 50amp extension cord should be here on Friday, and that should be the last of things we need, well except a cover. After all, most of the stuff just moved from the TT right over. Did get an extension for the sewer line, just in case. Never want to be six inches short on that one.

I finally sat down to link my daughters' Salute tickets (they don't have annual passes since they were under 3 last trip, and thankfully my friend is coming with us so she can get us military tickets), but the base sent adult tickets instead of kids'. Now it won't let me link them. I'm glad I did this 91 days before my trip, so I have enough time to get this sorted out!
I'm debating renting bikes one day (if I can finally get one of my 3 year old twins to get the hang of pedaling - I'm not sure if she's lazy or uncoordinated:oops:). Do they have toddler bikes with training wheels?

Do they have toddler bikes with training wheels?
Yup! My DW was in the same boat. Not only Toddler, but young child (I don't know what you call that age between toddler and Teen). She is now able to ride without Training wheels, but it took some time before she had the confidence to do it without them.

@peg110 So jealous you're heading to the Fort next week. Hope you have a great time!
Don't worry... You will be there soon enough. While I am excited to go... I am just not ready for it yet. Still got way to much stuff to do and almost no time to do it.

Still, it will all come together (eventually).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter