The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

X2 popcorn from the cart next to the castle is the best LOL Save me a seat in the box. We can be Waldoff and Statler from the Muppets.

@serenitygr <---- I have elevated you to October thread lady in charge. Everyone be make sure they stop by and visit her before you leave the Fort.
You have no idea how honored I am :cool1:

I was wondering if it was too soon to start an October thread :disrocks:

_MG_9206-1.jpg
This morning the phones were ringing off the hook, figuratively of course. We hit 180 days, so it was up early to get the ADR's we wanted. :surfweb: Now it is nap time. Getting to bed at 2am then up for this 7am ADR thing is rough. I liked midnight so much better, although this year midnight would have hindered me, as I work until then. But ADR's made one more thing done for this trip. :banana:

What's a ADR ?
Advanced Dining Reservation- You can make these 180 days out. Fast Pass+ is 60. During busy times or for places that go very fast, calling as soon as the reservations open is the only way to get a reservation. I don't have any of those places planned, so I haven't made any yet. I am considering a RoL (Rivers of Light) dinner reservation though.

Chris,

I saw that pic and I thought you were going to say something like, "Look what I found at the Smithsonian". :D

j

Thanks Teamubr, I'm new to this board and have seen quite a few abbreviations and acronyms that I am unfamiliar with. How far in advance can you request a particular loop ?

No problem,

The abbreviations take a while. There are quite a few on some of the other forums that I still don't know, or, at least, have to really think about.

I bookmarked THIS page long ago. It has the most current list of abbreviations used on the DIS. It helps me out on a regular basis.

And then there are the abbreviations used on camping/towing forums. I remember one thread that went on for 12 pages on whether TV or tv was Tow vehicle or television. That one got pretty funny.

j

Thanks Teamubr, I'm new to this board and have seen quite a few abbreviations and acronyms that I am unfamiliar with. How far in advance can you request a particular loop ?

You can call anytime and have them add a loop request to your reservation. Most people wait until a couple weeks before, as they don't assign sites until a week before you arrive. You used to be able to request a loop with early check in, but not sure if that was removed or not during an upgrade.

You used to be able to request a loop with early check in, but not sure if that was removed or not during an upgrade.

Thanks for the info PaHunter. Speaking of early check-in. I have read about early check-in but can't seem to find it on the Interweb. Can you point me to a link ?

I have read about early check-in but can't seem to find it on the Interweb. Can you point me to a link ?

I don't believe there is a link that talks about the early check-in. The earliest you can check-in is 6:05, that is the time the computers update, I believe with all the arrivals that will be coming in for that day with site assignments. The thing with early check-in is that your site may still be occupied, which if it is they can't give you your site number until it is vacated and cleaned, then they will text you your site #. We have done early check-in for the past couple trips and we have always had to wait for our site. We would usually get the text message between 12 and 1. But if your assigned site isn't ready I have heard that you can ask and see if there is a site available in the same category as what you paid for and may be placed in a different loop, don't know, we always waited for our site because we wanted the loop we requested.

Thanks for the info PaHunter. Speaking of early check-in. I have read about early check-in but can't seem to find it on the Interweb. Can you point me to a link ?

Early check in shows up in MDE, My Disney Experience. This is where you can check all your reservations, fast pass, magic bands, etc. You can't do early check in online until I believe it is the 60 day mark before your arrival.

I just tried to book a RoL dinner show package at Tusker House for September 21 and it doesn't show any availability after July. Do the dinner packages have different ranges to be able to book or they just haven't released show times for RoL yet and, therefore, don't have reservation windows open yet?

j

We have Dining Reservations with the RoL Package, but our ADR is for Breakfast. While we have never had a "Full" day at DAK, this will kind of make it that, since the RoL (first showing) still is later in the day (early evening). Our ADR is for 8:30 AM.

We now see that they have FP+ and if we can get one for this, we will probably cancel our ADR, still to many days out though for us to do our FP+

Paul,

What day is your ROL Dining ADR for? Counting out 124 days looks like you are going at the end of July? I don't see any ROL Dinning packages available after June 30th. I can make a normal ADR for Tusker House, but only up to 0700 PM. I'm guessing this is because they haven't released ROL show times for July and beyond.

j

Paul,

What day is your ROL Dining ADR for? Counting out 124 days looks like you are going at the end of July? I don't see any ROL Dinning packages available after June 30th. I can make a normal ADR for Tusker House, but only up to 0700 PM. I'm guessing this is because they haven't released ROL show times for July and beyond.

j

Where did you get 124? My ADR is for June 18th. (Are you looking at my count down marker? If so, browsers seem to "Cache" these so they don't get updated. Press the CTRL key plus F5 and it forces a "Refresh) I am currently 82 days out.

Where did you get 124? My ADR is for June 18th. (Are you looking at my count down marker?
I was looking at the countdown counter in your sig. I did the F5 and it still says 124. Oh well. 82 is MUCH better than 124.

j

CTRL + F5 (F5 alone is just 'Refresh', but the "CTRL" forces all cached items to update)

But yeah... 82 is much better. :)

I'm going to post so I can keep this on the first page. Watching this drop off makes it feel that much longer to our September trips. :-)

I see on the News and Rumors that the Free Dining discussions are in full bloom. We have never done any kind of dining plan, but if it's free... And the summer discounts came out recently. I expect the Fall ones will be out in a few months, but I'm not getting my hopes up for either promo applying to the Fort.

Has anyone been keeping close enough attention on the schedules for RoL? I was wondering when they might release the end of summer schedule so I can try to grab a dinner package.

And lastly, what character meal should we take our niece (6) to? According to her mom (my sister), "she isn't into princesses". Although whenever we look at pics or videos of WDW, she lights up for almost anything that "isn't scary". We've done Chef Mickey. I like the character interactions and the atmosphere (sucker for the Contemporary and the monorail), but the buffet isn't great. I think we did Crystal Palace once, but I don't remember it. So that makes me think it wasn't very good. And we have done breakfast at the Poly with Lilo and Stitch. That was a lot of fun and the food was ok.

I'm open for ideas.

j

My nieces loved the character meals at Tusker House. I thought the food was good (for a buffet that isn't named Trails End.) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!