• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2013 with a twist - New 9/13 - we are on our way!

Day 2 – Mon Sept 16th​

My oldest will turn 26 on this day! It is hard for me to believe. Sadly neither him nor his sister(DD21) could make this trip. He has work and my DD has college.

So today we wake up for this first time in the beautiful BLT. It is still just the three of us(DH,DS and Me) and we want to be at EPCOT in time for rope drop so we will be up, dressed, fed and on our way to the monorail by 8:15am.

It will be strange for us to arrive here(we usually stay at an EPCOT resort so are used to using the international gateway entrance):

Epcot_SSE_and_entrance by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from the internet

Along with everyone else our first stop will be here to get FPs:

soarin fp by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will also go ahead and ride standby if the line is not too long.

With FPs in hand we will head here:

Circle of life by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Believe it or not we have never ridden this.

Next up is:

figment by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from WDW Park Hoppers

This is one of my favorites and the very first ride DS8 ever rode when he was a baby.

We will definitely spend some time in the imagination pavilion after riding Figment. My DS loves this area.

Then we will head over to get FPs for this:

Test-Track_FP Distro by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This has never been a favorite of mine. We will be riding it for the first time on our May/June trip so we will see if it remains on this schedule after that.

I am estimating that our FPs for Soarin will be open by now so we will head back over to ride my absolutely favorite ride of all time again:

epcot-soarin_edited by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After Soarin it’s over to here:

the-seas-with-nemo by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We really enjoy this ride but our favorite is where we go when we finish this ride:

crush by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I really think this is an under-rated attraction and have talked to many people who did not realize it was even there. This is a must do – many times for us each trip. Last year we did it 6 times while we were there. Since this is the first of three EPCOT days for this trip we will only do this the one time today.

After we’ve gotten a good dose of the “Dude” we will spend some time exploring the Seas area. We really enjoy watching the dolphin, sea turtles, sharks and manatees.

We will hang out in the Seas until our FPs for TT open up and then head over to ride the recently renovated TT:

testtrack by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I debated for a while on whether we should use FP for this because I have heard from some that you miss a lot of the experience by going through the FP line. I am going to ask a CM about that before we get our FPs and if they say we miss the part where you build your own car then we will just do stand by for this ride on one of our other EPCOT days and skip it for this day. We will make it the first thing we do when the park opens on the next EPCOT day.

Next up is a delicious lunch at:

la cantina by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I love eating here because they have a nice big air conditioned restaurant that you can enjoy your lunch in. We can usually get a table right by the window with a beautiful view of the water.

La cantina seating by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This area is used as a table service restaurant in the evenings but is open for counter service seating during the day.

After lunch we will head over to here:

mission space by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DS rode this for the first time last year. We rode the green side but I still had to bribe him to do it and he was very scared while we were waiting in line. That changed immediately once the ride started and this is now on his top 5 favorite list.

I am sure we will spend some time here after the ride:

Mission-SPACE-Advanced-Training-Lab by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will head here:

spaceship_earth_at_night by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This is not a favorite of ours but is a tradition. My father is an electrician and worked at EPOCT when it was being built in 1981/1982. He helped run all the electricity to Space Ship earth so we always make a point to ride this one. DS calls it the Earth that Papaw built:cool1:

After our traditional Space Ship Earth ride we will spend a good amount of time in the innovations buildings. My DS loves this area and it feels like a break to me when we spend time in here:

innovations by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

The last thing we plan to do in Future World is to see these guys:

jammitors by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Finally it will be time to head over to the World Show Case. Some of the things we plan to see here are:

jeweled dragon by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

candy lady by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We are also planning to ride these as we have never made time for them on previous trips:

grand fiesta tour by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

maelstrom by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will do at least one adventure with Perry:

agent p by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Last year we did France and the UK so this time I would like to try Mexico but will let DS make the ultimate choice.

Finally we will end our EPCOT day with dinner here:

Coral-Reef-sign by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

coral reef by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This feels like a very full day but the good news is we have two more EPCOT days scheduled for this trip. If we don’t get to everything we can just move it out to the next EPCOT day.

So after we are done enjoying a meal with the fishes we will hop back on the Monorail and head back to BLT. I want to enjoy Wishes from the room again so we will catch Illuminations on another day.

Up Next; Day 3 – Magic Kingdom with a special surprise!

Epcot plans look great!
I've never eaten at either of those restaurants. (Isn't the Cantina somewhat new or renovated? I don't think that was there on our last trip?)
Have you tried Coral Reef before and did you like it? I've considered it on both our last trips and it never fit our schedule. I'd love to try that one someday.
I'm guessing the Perry adventures are refits of the old Kim Possible missions and all the "surprises" are still the same?
I haven't read anything about this on the Dis. I must be going to the wrong forums. ha. But, I'm guessing that's how they changed it so quickly.
We thought it was just okay last time, but I may have to try it again since it's Perry and I Love Phineas and Ferb. :rotfl2: I'm never going to grow up. :rotfl:

Epcot plans look great!
I've never eaten at either of those restaurants. (Isn't the Cantina somewhat new or renovated? I don't think that was there on our last trip?)

We ate there the first time in 2008. It is the counter service restaurant in Mexico that has the outside picnic table type seating. Lots of people get table here to watch illuminations at night.(it's possible that I do not have the name right???)

Have you tried Coral Reef before and did you like it? I've considered it on both our last trips and it never fit our schedule. I'd love to try that one someday.

We have eaten at Coral Reef twice before and enjoy it. Both times we got a table very close to the tank. I am not sure how we would feel if we ever got one of the the top tables?

I'm guessing the Perry adventures are refits of the old Kim Possible missions and all the "surprises" are still the same?
I haven't read anything about this on the Dis. I must be going to the wrong forums. ha. But, I'm guessing that's how they changed it so quickly.
We thought it was just okay last time, but I may have to try it again since it's Perry and I Love Phineas and Ferb. :rotfl2: I'm never going to grow up. :rotfl:

I know this took over the spot for Kim Possible but am not sure if the surprises are the same since we never did Kim Possible. Our boys(my DS and my cousins two) loved it but they were 7-9 years old. I do not think it will interest them once they get a little older.

Day 3 – Tues Sept. 17th 1st half​

This is our final day at BLT and the last day where it will just be DH, DS and me. This is also our first Day at Magic Kingdom for this trip. However, it will be our second trip to Disney since the FLE opened(see my May PTR).

The plan is to arrive at Magic Kingdom in time for the Welcome Show which ends at 9am. When the gates open DH & DS will head straight to here:

speedway by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from the internet

While I head here for a FP:

thunder mountain by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will meet back up and ride this:

buzz ride by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After Buzz we will head to Fantasy Land and ride:

Barnstormer by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

and:

dumbo by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will head to FLE to ride:

Little-Mermaid-Ride-Outside-Magic-Kingdom by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Next up is:

it-s-a-small-world-3-12 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from the WDWlive

I am hoping our FPs will be ready by this time and we will head here:

big thunder mountain by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will also grab FPs for this:

Splash_Mountain_Fastpass_at_Disneys_Magic_Kingdom by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After Thunder Mountain we will head into Adventure Land. First up is:

pirates of the caribbean by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then:

aladdin's magic carpet by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We should be ready for lunch by this time so we will head to DHs favorite counter service restaurant:

PecosBill by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I am hoping that our FPs will be open when we finish lunch so we will head here:

splash mountain by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will head back to the room for a little R&R because we will be coming back to Magic Kingdom in the evening for:

:cool1: :yay::cool1::yay: :cool1::yay: :cool1::yay: :cool1::yay:

MNSSHP by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Day 3 - Tues Sept 17th 2nd half​

Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party​
I hope to make it back to the MK by 5pm. I am sure we will all be dressed in costume so there will be lots of updates in this PTR once we decide who we will be.

We have been to MNSSHP twice before and loved it both times. I am assuming it will be on this day(Tuesday) since that has been the case for the last 4 years that I have been tracking it.

We will ride whatever rides DS wants to between 5-7pm when the party actually starts. During the party we will focus on M&Gs, Dance Parties, Shows, the Parade & Fireworks.

So I think the plan for MNSSHP will look like this.

At 6pm I will separate from DH&DS and head to Frontier Land to get in line for a picture with these fellows:

7 dwarfs by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DH & DS will meet me there before 7pm so we can get a family photo.

From there we will head over to Adventure Land so DS can spend some time with these guys:

captain jack by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

and:

tarzan by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We will also try to get a picture with this funny fellow:

genie by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I would also love one with Abu as I have never gotten a picture with him.

We plan to head to Fantasy Land next to meet:

suzy and perla by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from my favorite character hunter(Kennythepirate.com)

and:

daisy-and-donald-mnsshp-2012 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then we will hook up with:

mad-hatter-and-alice-mnsshp-2012-1 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Next we will find a spot near Caseys to watch:

-- by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then ease up a little to watch the 10:05pm:

villains_mix and mingle by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from EasyWDW

And finally we will find a spot for the 10:30pm Parade:

boo to you by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

If Main Street is too crowded because we have waited until the last minute we will just head to Frontier Land.

After the Parade if we are not exhausted we will spend some time at both the dance parties:

woody roundup by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from Allears

stitch party by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

On the way out the door we will stop(if the line is less than 15 minutes) in to see:

mickey-minnie-2012-1 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

You may have noticed that I have not allocated anytime to ride rides during the party. This is the main reason why we are spending time at MK in the morning. To get the rides out of the way. The crowds will be extremely light for the entire day because many choose not to go to MK on a party day since they know they will have to leave at 7pm if they do not have a party ticket.

We have been scheduling our MK day on a Party day for our annual September trip since 2009. We have never waited more than 10 minutes for anything including the Mountains. With waits that short it is not a big deal for us to leave the Park at 7pm. We still get everything done that we wanted to and have some bonus resort time at the end of the day.

We will walk back to BLT from MK and I suspect we will be very happy that we are spending this night at this resort.

Up Next:

Resort change = down day

Day 4 - Wed Sept 18th​

This is the day we change resorts. I expect we will all want to sleep in after having such a long MK day the day before. For me that means 7am, for DH that means 9am and for DS somewhere in between. I will spend some time out on the balcony enjoying the last bit of our Magic Kingdom view then get to packing up while I wait for the boys to get moving.

Everyone will need to be up and ready to head out the door by 9:30am because I plan to make reservations for a late breakfast.

Since we have to be checked out of the room by 11:00am, I will go ahead and get everything packed up and taken to our car before we leave. Then we will just hop on the monorail and head over here:

OHANA by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo Borrowed from internet

ohanas 1 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

ohanas 2 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

ohanas 3 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After breakfast we will take the monorail back to BLT to pick up our car and then head here:

Fort_Wilderness_Resort_and_Campground_sign by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo Borrowed from the internet

I decided that there is just no way that I can tent camp for the very first time at Disney. I have never been tent camping in my life and DH & DS have just been twice with the boy scouts for an overnight trip. I dont want to find out I hate it while we are at Disney. So this is my compromise:

cabin by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This is the day that some more of our group arrive. My cousin Tink and her DD and one of her DSs(Stitch) should be rolling in by 8pm or so. That means there will be 6 of us for the next few days which is a perfect fit for the cabins.

DH and I will sleep in the master bed with Buzz and Stitch in the bunk beds:

cabin beds by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

And Tink and Ariel will sleep here:

murphy-bed-in-living by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I am estimating that we will arrive at Ft. Wilderness by lunch time. We will get checked in first. If our room is ready we will head there to unpack and settle in. If not we will go exploring. I am pretty excited to be staying at this resort as there seems to be so much to see and do here.

First thing we will probably do is spend some time here:

fWL pool by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then I would like to rent one of these and explore the resort:

surrey bike by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

As you can tell we rented this last year when we stayed at the BWV. I gotta be honest riding this around the Boardwalk almost killed us. So, we will see how it goes this time.

We will eat dinner here:

trails-end by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I am hoping Tink and company will arrive in time to enjoy this with us:

marshmallow roast-chip-n-dale by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

ft wilderness movie by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

It will be our goal to turn in early tonight as we have an early start in the morning but I expect the kids will be too excited so we will see how it goes.

Next Up  Animal Kingdom

Those fort wilderness cabins are so cute! Any idea what you are going to dress up for the MNSSHP? Great plans so far!

Great plans so far. And the cabins look perfect for a first camping trip!
Would also love to know if you have any costume plans.
Doesn't the Ft. have trick or treating or a golf cart parade for halloween also? I'm not sure how early they do that, but that would be fun if it falls during your trip. :yay:

Caught up on all of your plans!! Seeing your Epcot and MK plans makes me so excited for our upcoming trip! :thumbsup2 Love the MNSSHP pics, too!

The Ft Wilderness cabins are so cute! That looks like it will be lots of fun!! :)

Those fort wilderness cabins are so cute! Any idea what you are going to dress up for the MNSSHP? Great plans so far!

The only thing I know for sure is we will not be pirates as we have done that the last two times we went. I really want something creative but I am so not creative so very open to suggestions.

Great plans so far. And the cabins look perfect for a first camping trip!
Would also love to know if you have any costume plans.
Doesn't the Ft. have trick or treating or a golf cart parade for halloween also? I'm not sure how early they do that, but that would be fun if it falls during your trip. :yay:

I am not sure about trick or treating at Ft. Wilderness although my kiddos would love that. I wonder if that is something they only do on Halloween night like DTD does???

Caught up on all of your plans!! Seeing your Epcot and MK plans makes me so excited for our upcoming trip! :thumbsup2 Love the MNSSHP pics, too!

The Ft Wilderness cabins are so cute! That looks like it will be lots of fun!! :)

I am excited for your trip also. I can not wait to read your TR especially the cruise part.

Day 4 - Wed Sept 18th​

This is the day we change resorts. I expect we will all want to sleep in after having such a long MK day the day before.

Then I would like to rent one of these and explore the resort:

surrey bike by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

As you can tell we rented this last year when we stayed at the BWV. I gotta be honest riding this around the Boardwalk almost killed us. So, we will see how it goes this time.

Next Up – Animal Kingdom

They have these at Ft. Wilderness? That looks like a fun way to check out the campground! :banana:
We saw them at the Boardwalk on our first trip and I wanted to do it then, but our kids were little and I thought if they were as hard to peddle as paddle boats (which are exhausting by the way), DH and I would wear out before we ever got started. Maybe we can give it a try on our down day at the Fort. :thumbsup2

They have these at Ft. Wilderness? That looks like a fun way to check out the campground! :banana:
We saw them at the Boardwalk on our first trip and I wanted to do it then, but our kids were little and I thought if they were as hard to peddle as paddle boats (which are exhausting by the way), DH and I would wear out before we ever got started. Maybe we can give it a try on our down day at the Fort. :thumbsup2

Well now I do not know. My cousin used to ride these arround Ft. Wilderness when she was little so I assumed they were still there. However, I can not find any recent info on them so I think I might have assumed wrong. :(

Well now I do not know. My cousin used to ride these arround Ft. Wilderness when she was little so I assumed they were still there. However, I can not find any recent info on them so I think I might have assumed wrong. :(

Well bummer. I do think that would be a lot of fun. You could always suffer and rent a golf cart on that day. At least then you won't break a sweat. :rotfl:

Well bummer. I do think that would be a lot of fun. You could always suffer and rent a golf cart on that day. At least then you won't break a sweat. :rotfl:

I will say this almost killed us when we did it at the Boardwalk(and one of us was actually in shape:rotfl2:). There are two hills that are just about impossible to get over. The camp grounds are much more level which is why I thought it would be fun to do it there.

As I mentioned in my last post, we had some very special plans for Valentine’s Day. Can you guess what we did?

DSC02629

Yep we went to the circus:cool1: We had a blast. The company that both DH and I work for has a suite in the venue where the circus was being held. I received 4 tickets to the suite last week. They were amazing seats:

DSC02676 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We took our DS8 and his cousin who is 10.

DSC02670 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

They both loved it. The theme for the circus was the Dragon. It has been a lot of years since I have been to a circus and the acts and stunts were pretty amazing.

DSC02645 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

For the Pre-show we got to watch an Elephant paint(the picture turned out very good and someone in the audience got to take it home)

DSC02640 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

The horse show was really good. My DD21 would have loved it as she used to show horses through middle and high school.

DSC02647 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Of course they had some trapeze stunts

DSC02649 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DSC02657 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

They had acts with animals:

DSC02653 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DSC02660 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

My favorite was the act with the dogs. For some reason I have no pictures of that :confused3(maybe I was just watching too intently?)

The final act was with motorcycles. They drove 8 of them into this round cage and drove them around at full speed. The boys love, love, loved that. I could not get a picture because they were going so fast but I do have a picture of DS on one of the motorcycles during the preshow:

DSC02633 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

The Dragon in the finale was pretty awesome:

DSC02672 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We really had an amazing time. One of the best parts; the boys thought it was the best Valentine’s day ever and it cost us $0:dance3:

Day 5 Thurs Sept 19th​

Today is Animal Kingdom day. Since the park opens at 9am we will be up, fed and at the bus stop by 8am. We like to do rope drop at most parks but especially at AK.

Our first stop when we get through the gate will be here to pick up FPs:

Kilimanjaro_Safaris by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Once we have our FPs, we will go ahead and ride the Safari if the line is short. We love all the amazing animals we see during this attraction:

rino by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

giraffe by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

elephant by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After the Safari we will make our way over to here:

ee by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We are hoping to get both boys to ride this trip. However, we will still have our little Ariel who will definitely not ride so I will sit this one out with her since DH and Tink love this ride and I can take it or leave it. After EE we will head here:

TriceraTop by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I may actually head here with Ariel while everyone is riding EE so she can ride it a few times.

Next up is this:

primeval whirl by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

I do not think Ariel will be tall enough for this so her and I may end up riding Tricera Top Spin several times:scared1:.

Before we leave Dinoland we will ride this:

dinosaur by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We can usually finish all of this before our FPs for the Safari open up so when we are done in Dinoland we will head here:

kilimanjaro-safari-jeep-1 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Up next:

Flights_of_Wonder_-_Sign_(11-09) by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This will be the first time at this attraction for some of our group.

It should be time for lunch by now so we will head here:

flame-tree-sign by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This is one of my favorite counter service restaurants in all the parks.

After lunch we will head over to my very favorite show in all of Disney:

festival-of-the-lion-king-729740 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After the show we will hang around Camp Minnie-Mickey for some M&Gs with these guys:

pocahontas by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

minnie_mickey camp by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

minnie_mickey camp 1 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

minnie mickey camp 2 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

minnie mickey camp 3 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Finally I hope to talk everyone into riding this with me:

Kali-River-Rapids-300x225 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After that we will head(probably soaked) back to the room. I want Tink, Stitch and Ariel to get a chance to enjoy the resort so we will spend the evening exploring and spending time at the pool.

We will eat dinner here:

whispering canyon cafe by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from internet

Ahhhhh...AK! I love it!! Your plans look terrific! I love the character meetings at CMM!

Ending the day at WCC will be nice and fun too!!

Love the plans.
And can I add that your niece made a cute Pocahontas. ::yes:: Love the costume! Does she usually dress up for the parks? Or just favorite characters?

AK is one of my favorite parks so I will enjoy reading about your day there! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter