Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana Lyn said:
I'm weird that way--I don't wear long sleeves either. I guess add that to the reasons why I need to pack up and move to Florida!

Diana, I don't wear long sleeves either. I think because of the number of times I wash my hands during the day, it gets to be a hassle always pulling them up. They tend to get in the way and caught on things when I do.

cgcw said:
Karen, a pediatrician who is open on a Sunday! :cool1:

His office is only closed ONE day a year....Christmas. All other days, including holidays, it's open.
M-F they are open from 8:30 am until 10:00 pm (in the summer they close up shop early b/c no one is calling or coming in, in the winter he'll be there until 10 every night) Saturdays and Sundays are 8:30-5 or until whenever the flow stops--again, winter it'll go until 5, summer he could be out at 1 or 2. Holidays are dependant on what doctor is working. Some want to be there 9-5....and they'll sit around and wait for the 2 patients per hour who show up. Mike goes in, sees them in order and is usually out of there fairly early (early afternoon)

That's not too bad of a schedule when you split it between 6 doctors. During the week he'll work one day--his call day-- from 1pm-10pm (or whenever) and the next day he only works 9-noon. The other days it's 9-5-ish. Beats when he was a resident in the PICU!!

ohiominnie said:
His office is only closed ONE day a year....Christmas. All other days, including holidays, it's open.
M-F they are open from 8:30 am until 10:00 pm (in the summer they close up shop early b/c no one is calling or coming in, in the winter he'll be there until 10 every night) Saturdays and Sundays are 8:30-5 or until whenever the flow stops--again, winter it'll go until 5, summer he could be out at 1 or 2. Holidays are dependant on what doctor is working. Some want to be there 9-5....and they'll sit around and wait for the 2 patients per hour who show up. Mike goes in, sees them in order and is usually out of there fairly early (early afternoon)

That's not too bad of a schedule when you split it between 6 doctors. During the week he'll work one day--his call day-- from 1pm-10pm (or whenever) and the next day he only works 9-noon. The other days it's 9-5-ish. Beats when he was a resident in the PICU!!

I'm sure it's hard on your family at times. But, as a parent, I would love to have more working parent hours. And, my kids, as I'm sure a lot of kids, tend to get sicker as the day progresses -- that nighttime, fever thing.

Luckily, our pediatrician group has weekend and night hours for sick kids. We've had to use them on a Sunday evening, when Madison was going through the rotovirus.

Just said good-bye to Cindy and Gary - they are headed home to the kids. What a fun afternoon of sharing memories over pizza and konk koolers.

Cindy and Gary have some great shots on their CD - I'm so happy we are exchanging as I'm sure there are many other great shots on others as well.

They brought us a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a yummy chocolate cake for dessert. Also brought what looked like a yummy kringle but never got around to that.

Makes me want December 3rd to get here fast so we'll all know if we made it on the 2006 cruise!

We've been home about 1/2 hour now. Traffic was very light and we jumped on the highway and made it home really quickly.

We had a wonderful afternoon. Mary & Mark have a touch of Disney in every room of their home. We were amazed at all they have. Makes me want to come home and add touches to our home. In fact, as I was passing through our small bathroom I was thinking it would be a great room to start changing it to be all Disney. It's used mostly by the daycare kids and I'm sure they would love Mickey and Minnie to greet them. Maybe a winter project. :idea:

Pizza and konk koolers, what more could we have asked for? I had to laugh when I asked Mary if she wanted me to ride with her to get the pizza and she looked at me and said "I'm going to walk". It was a quick trip down to the pizza place to pick it up. Certainly not something we can do in our area of the big Chicagoland area.

Thanks for being great hosts, Mark & Mary. We enjoyed the pictures and mostly the company.

iluvdisney said:
It sure sounds like the four of you had a nice visit today! :wave:

We sure did. It was fun to see which pictures we had which were the same (like we both have a picture of you getting your sketch from Ducky) and which are different. Gary took so great shots that I never would have thought of taking - like the back of one of the yellow jumpsuits that the cleaning crew wears on deck.

He also got some beautiful shots of the castle at WDW.

That's what I love about sharing these pictures.

The added bonus is having someone who lives close enough to get together and share memories with.

Thanks to Gary and Cindy for helping with a little project Mark and I are doing. More details once it is finished.

Does anyone remember the announcement that Jim Lewis made - it came up on "America's Funniest Videos" tonight. I found on the DVC forum -

Hey! Now we can "win" a DVC Ownership!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

America's Funniest Home Videos just kicked off their 16th season and said that they will also be giving away trips to placed like WDW. THEN-- up comes the DVC logo and Pat Bergeron says that someone will also win 48 years of Disney vacations when they win a DVC membership and that someone at home will have a chance to win, too. --- He then said they'd be giving details in the future.

Great if you can win and also sounds like Disney is kicking up the DVC membership drive. I don't think SSR will be the last resort!

cgcw said:
We had a wonderful afternoon. Mary & Mark have a touch of Disney in every room of their home. We were amazed at all they have. Makes me want to come home and add touches to our home. In fact, as I was passing through our small bathroom I was thinking it would be a great room to start changing it to be all Disney. It's used mostly by the daycare kids and I'm sure they would love Mickey and Minnie to greet them. Maybe a winter project. :idea:
You should definitely make your bathroom a Disney bathroom. The girls' bathroom (which is also our guest bath) is all MICKEY!!! We have Mickey everywhere, including a Mickey on the wall.

You know what else??? Mark did an awesome job framing their litho. :cheer2: :cheer2:

I asked Gary on the way home if he thought he could frame ours. I think he's going to give it a try. But, Mark, we talked about the little thing-a-ma-jiggy that you used to cut out the matting in order to get the pins in place. Then we got distracted with other things and all forgot.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to get together again soon. :banana: :banana: :banana:

About 1/2 way through, my cell phone rang and it was Walker. Crying he wanted us to come home. Cameron got on the phone and I asked what the problem was and Cameron thought maybe it was because of a little storm passing through. I was more worried it was the new babysitting not working out. Anyway, they didn't call back and we continued on with our visit. On the way home, we called to say we were on the way. Walker gets on the phone and says "I don't want you to come home, that's all I have to say, bye". :confused3 We get home and he tells us, I'm locking you outside, go away. :confused3 I guess in the end it was a good day for the kids too. ;)

iluvdisney said:
Hey! Now we can "win" a DVC Ownership!

Just hoping my dues aren't paying for this. Hate to sound cynical, but I'd rather spend the money buying my OWN points than financing someone else's membership (or some-TWOS as the case may be.)

And does DVC really need to advertise like this? Last I checked resorts are built, sold and sold out in a decent amount of time. :confused3

ohiominnie said:
Just hoping my dues aren't paying for this. Hate to sound cynical, but I'd rather spend the money buying my OWN points than financing someone else's membership (or some-TWOS as the case may be.)

And does DVC really need to advertise like this? Last I checked resorts are built, sold and sold out in a decent amount of time. :confused3

I agree. It's wonderful for someone to win a membership, I'm just hoping that somehow someone else is picking up the cost.

WDWLVR said:
Thanks to Gary and Cindy for helping with a little project Mark and I are doing. More details once it is finished.

Sounds like you guys had a nice afternoon.

And don't leave us in suspense too long!

Good morning, all. :sunny:

It's going to be a short week for me. Cameron and I leave for Disney World Thursday morning. I still have to pack which I'm thinking tonight will be our night to take care of that. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with just Cameron.

Gary & Walker will be camping for the weekend. I'm a little apprehensive to leave Walker for such a long period of time. I hope my phone doesn't ring a lot with him crying for me to come home. That will break my heart.

I can't believe Cameron's going to be 11 on Saturday. Time sure goes quickly. I think as an adult we don't see it everyday but when I think back out my little 4# baby, gee, it really hits me hard :sad1: .

School for the older kids today and then we are off to the library. Storytime is a favorite for the kids and they love all the extras the library offers -- trains, computers, doll houses, puppets. When did a library become something other than a place to check out books. Times sure have changed.

Have a great Monday!!

Good morning all!!!

I was just coming here to say HI, and saw Cindy's post. We have a busy day today. I'm trying to get everything ready for Emily's birthday party on Saturday. Her birthday is Wednesday, and Emily wants to bring in doughnuts for her class treat. I think that I'll have Chris stop by Dunkin Donuts on Wed morning to get a box of donut holes for the kids. I need to clean, put together party favors, shop for the party all while keeping Madison occupied.

Chris finally finished installing the new faucet in the girls' bathroom. Now, Emily can finally turn on the water by herself to wash her hands. Before that, she would have to call us every time to turn it on. He did a good job and it looks great. Old sink, but shiny new faucet. We're going to be redoing that bathroom in the next couple of years anyway, so we didn't spend a lot of money on it.

Sounds like it is going to be a busy week for both of you!

Cindy - I know you and Cameron are going to have a great time at the World. Enjoy!

Amy - sounds like you have great plans for the party and are well on the way to making it happen. Enjoy!

Wish i could be with both of you when you meet up this coming weekend at WDW! I know you will have an awesome time!

My plans for the week are laundry, laundry and did I say laundry. Didn't do as much this weekend as I should have. Between the eye doctor on Saturday and having Cindy and Gary over on Sunday. I'd much rather spend time with friends than doing laundry. Plus we need to get the laundry room cleaned up because that is also where we put our plants over the winter. So the next couple of nights are going to be spent doing that.

Much more like summer than fall here in Chicagoland. Going to get up to 87 today! Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter