Senior Trip ADRs... Help!

Paulsaysthought

Earning My Ears
I'm the senior class advisor at a small high school in Michigan and this year our seniors decided to go to Disney World! YAY! I haven't been since I was a kid, so I've been lurking around the board for a few months now. You guys rock! So much information, I couldn't have done all this planning without the help and reviews I've read. We just made our reservations at Pop Century and our 180 days is coming up. We have 12 seniors and 3 chaperones for a total of 15 people. Here are the restaurants the kids and I have chosen:
50s Primetime Cafe
San Angel Inn
Sanaa
Ohana
Le Cellier

What do you guys think? Any restaurants teenagers love that I'm missing? Any suggestions on how to handle the whole ADR process would be appreciated too. Thanks!

I'm the senior class advisor at a small high school in Michigan and this year our seniors decided to go to Disney World! YAY! I haven't been since I was a kid, so I've been lurking around the board for a few months now. You guys rock! So much information, I couldn't have done all this planning without the help and reviews I've read. We just made our reservations at Pop Century and our 180 days is coming up. We have 12 seniors and 3 chaperones for a total of 15 people. Here are the restaurants the kids and I have chosen:
50s Primetime Cafe
San Angel Inn
Sanaa
Ohana
Le Cellier

What do you guys think? Any restaurants teenagers love that I'm missing? Any suggestions on how to handle the whole ADR process would be appreciated too. Thanks!

I took nine high school grads right after graduation to WDW for a week (we had a grand villa at OKW). They had several planning meetings before the trip, talked about getting ADRS, but blew it all off to shoot from the hip. They were on the phone with Disney Dining making reservations half an hour before they wanted to eat. They had a blast (but it drove my planner son nuts). They did love House of Blues, though.

First, congrats! This should be the trip of a lifetime for some of them.

With a group of 15, you may have to make special dining arrangements; if no one here on the boards chimes in with an answer, contact Disney BEFORE your 180 day mark so that you know in advance what you have to do.

That said, here would be my take on the restaurants:
50sPT - the group should have a good time here. You will most likely be split up into multiple tables.

San Angel - warning that this is true Mexico Mexican, not the Americanized Mexican food they may be used to. I'd make sure everybody in the group was on board with the menu.

Sanaa - definitely a more exotic choice. The location is lovely but most of the food is very Indian. If there are some picky eaters or some who might not be able to handle the spices, consider Boma instead. It is more African while Sanaa is more Indian, and as a buffet Boma has far more choices available. While there are authentic dishes, there are also enough basic things that everyone in the group should be satisfied. And as a buffet, you also get appetizers (salads, soups that are to die for) as well as entrees, sides, and desserts.

'Ohana - I think this is a great pick. Good food and lots of it, beautiful theming, and one of the best desserts ever.

Le Cellier - I'd think twice about this one. Next year it will be a Signature for both lunch and dinner; that's 2 TS credits if you're on the DDP and $$$$ if you're paying OOP. In Michigan you're not that far from Canada so it's not all that exotic, and since you're a small school you're probably in a very rural area where people may be used to good home-grown beef so a steakhouse wouldn't be all that big of a deal. To stay in Epcot I'd suggest Biergarten or Coral Reef, or Cape May at the YC resort that's a short walk or boat ride from Epcot's International Gateway. Biergarten is well themed and is a German buffet. Buffets are good for hungry high-school kids and picky eaters seem to do really well with the food choices here. Coral Reef has OK food and a great environment since you watch the fish while you eat. Cape May is a non-character buffet dinner if the kids prefer to EAT the seafood rather than to watch it swim around; the highlight is all you can eat crab legs, as well as other seafood and non-fish selections.

I think 50's Prime Time and Ohana are great options, San Angel Inn & Sanaa could be ok, depends on the tastes of the group.

Some alternative suggestions:
Coral Reef - This restaurant has such a great ambiance, fun to watch all the fish in the giant tank.

Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre - fun to sit in the cars watching old cheesy horror films

I would also recommend considering a character meal. Although everyone is seniors there is a good chance they would have a great time being able to get photos with their characters and their friends - great memories for years to come.

How about Chef Mickey's? I agree photos with the characters would be a great way to remember the trip years from now.
Also, Le Cellier sounds like an odd and expensive choice for high school seniors. Have you considered Be Our Guest? Great menu, new restaurant, and it's in a very cool castle?

How about Chef Mickey's? I agree photos with the characters would be a great way to remember the trip years from now.
Also, Le Cellier sounds like an odd and expensive choice for high school seniors. Have you considered Be Our Guest? Great menu, new restaurant, and it's in a very cool castle?

We did Chef Mickey's for breakfast with our group. We had TIW so we were able to save 20% on ten of the meals ( there were 11 of us total). Afterwards, one of the girls told me that she was not looking forward to that meal, but she thought it was the most fun. The characters paid a bunch of attention to the kids and we had the group photo done at the beginning. Plus I had been there in early March for a business trip, so I bought graduation Mickey ears for all the kids. They wore them for Chef Mickey's and it was a hoot! After we got home, I sent the photo to our local newspaper and they put it in the Sunday paper.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The thought behind Le Cellier was, for every senior trip, the last night is always a really nice dinner where we the kids reminisce and look forward to the future. I wanted to pick a nice quiet place, so Le Cellier seemed to fit the bill. Is there another quieter more intimate restaurant without the price tag? Also, thanks for the HU on Chef Mickey's, I went back and forth on a character meal, but I like the breakfast idea!

Again, for a group of 15 to be seated together I'm pretty sure you'll need to go through Disney's special Group Dining department. Call now and talk to them; there may be some restaurants where they can offer you a more secluded area to dine together without the Signature price tag. Restaurants that might give you that vibe could include the Grand Floridian Cafe in the GF, The Wave at the Contemporary (pretty blah decor, though; not even any windows), Yak & Yeti in the AK, Tokyo Dining in Epcot (very elegant and a wide array of cooking styles rather than just teppanyaki),or Turf Club at SSR.

And I think a Chef Mickey breakfast is a great idea!

50s Primetime Cafe
San Angel Inn
Sanaa
Ohana
Le Cellier

I think you will love 50's PT and Ohana. If you are wanting a Signature I think Yachtsman Steakhouse would be a better choice than Le Cellier and you could walk there from Epcot. I agree Chef Mickey would be a must for your group. The graduation ears that a PP mentioned are a really cute idea! I myself would throw in WCC. The wait staff could play off of your group forever. The antics could be great!

Congratulations on such a great trip to start off the rest of your lives!!

I definitely want to look into getting the graduation Mickey ears, what a fun idea to wear them all into the park together! Also, I've been reading about how nice BOG is and I'm wondering if that might fulfill our nice final dinner together at about half the pricetag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter