Sending Diapers to CS Resort

overburnzz

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever sent a package to a resort for their stay?
A friend of mine who works at UPS said him and his wife are going to send
diapers and wipes for our week long vacation to save on room in their bags.
Has anyone ever done this?
What exactly do you put on the label?
Do I need to call the resort to let them know?

We did this last year. We shipped diapers, cups, and other misc stuff like toiletries over 3 oz. We used priority mail and shipped straight to the hotel. All you need to do is call the hotel and they will tell you how to address it. I can't remember if it was the hotel's name and then c/o yourself or the other way around. Anyway, it worked out great and they gave us the package when we checked in. Give the hotel a call for the address and you'll be set.

Since CSR is a convention resort, a per pound (of the package rec'd) charge will be added to packages sent to the resort.

Since CSR is a convention resort, a per pound (of the package rec'd) charge will be added to packages sent to the resort.

Yes, that totally sucks!

Last trip to Poly I shipped a flat rate Priority box ahead, mostly wipes, basically the heaviest items from my luggage. Would have been cheaper to use UPS but USPS picks up at my door when I print postage online so that is who I use! Using the online form I had to get a little creative, there is a field for first name, last name, and company name and I used every character of each field to get Polynesian Resort and Guest: John Doe arrival x/xx. I also wrote "Guest: John Doe Arrival x/xx" on all sides of the pacakge so it would be easy for the front dest staff to locate when we arrived. DO NOT include your confirmation #, that is confidential info. The hotel address was listed on all of my paperwork.

my friend just called the resort and they said
"the resort doesnt charge anything to receive items from ups"
so I think its just a usps thing
i guess well find out come October

Check out this thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1653517

Also, this post.
I call the business center and they let me know that yes, I have 2 cases of water and another box from staples.. They say I can pick it up, or Bell services can deliver it for me. I ask how long and they say they will call me right back.. About literally, 90 seconds later, the phone rings. Mr. B, we can have the to your room in about 10 minutes. So here comes my water and stuff, tip the delivery dude, and there's my stuff!!!

Yes, I did have a bill attached for .40/lb. Mine was $12 something. So it does appear that you get billed at CSR for deliveries. Maybe sometimes you don't, but I would plan on it. Still, it's not a big deal IMO.
Can't tell if he was charged for the delivery to the room or the acceptance of the package at the resort. I'll be there in Feb so I'll update my website once I find out the answer.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22107384&postcount=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter