Selling Tickets on ebay

MouseClubMom

<font color=FF66FF>Loves to dip Churros in Dole Wh
Anyone ever sold theme park tickets on ebay? I know the fine print on the tickets say they are non-transferable but I bought 2 Universal tickets from a friend and didnt realize they have an expiration date on them! They expire on 10/11 and there is no way I can get there by then.

Any tips on selling these on ebay? Are these a forbidden thing to sell?

Thanks!
MCMom

I've sold a disney hopper pass before and didnt have any problems.. I dont think its against the rules.. I know there are always alot of people selling and buying stuff like that.. If you are not sure and cant find it on there.. there is a link where you can contact ebay and they will answer that question for you.. or you can go to the community board at ebay and ask there.. someone is sure to know for sure..

If it expires on 10/11, do you have enough time to send to the sender?

I would go for it. You have nothing to lose & $$$ to gain! You can do a 3 day listing. Indicate in your auction that payment must be immediate due to the timing.

I also had 1 day left on a hopper and tried to sell it and Ebay cancelled that auction that I with a message that I cannot resell tickets from Florida themeparks.

Then I wondered how come all the other people are selling them and Ebay is not cancelling their auctions.

Oh well.:rolleyes:

Ebay is not consistent in cancelling auctions that go against their policy. I don't know the process, but I think it has to do with someone reporting your auction.

If that is the case then I wonder why someone would do that. I was just selling a day left from my park hopper along with thousands of other auctions that were similar.

Strange but oh well I guess I will use my ticket next time I go

FWIW, it's against Florida state law to sell partially used theme park tickets. My guess is that ebay only cancel the auctions if it "knows" about them - i.e., if someone reports it.

Best wishes -

If it is a state law, can you sell them in other states? I know scalping laws differ from state to state (for concert tix, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter