Selling "rare" stuff (coins/collectables)

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
My grandma is going through her apartment and trying to get rid of "stuff". She gave me several bags/boxes and said "it's probably worth $300, whatever you make you keep" and gave me her blessing to sell it.

My grandfather bought Franklin Mint stuff (coins, medals, collectables...). I started looking online and some of it is worth $$$+. Some of it is worth more sold as pure silver and others are collectables going for $50-$75. Of course some is worth very little. ALL is in pristine condition- all still in original cases and all except for one set has a certificate of authenticity (that I can tell).

There are a many smaller (real/used) coins too that I need to sort through as well.

Based on what I've been able to figure out so far, I am estimating around $4,000 :scared1: Obviously I need to talk to grandma (getting her hair done) :rotfl2:

Piece by piece on ebay will take a lot of time, with high ebay fees, and unfriendly seller practices making it a huge turn off. What is the best way to sell this stuff for the best price?

I think one place to start would be a "We buy Gold and Silver" place. That would give you scrap value. Another place would be to find a reputable coin dealer that could help you evaluate the collection. From there, you could decide what to do. Remember while looking online that the "sale" price of an item is just an asking price. That may not be what the item sells for, if it sells at all.

Sounds like you have a very generous grandmother. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter