Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by okw2012, Nov 1, 2018.
Are there statistics somewhere on how long contracts take to sell from the time they are listed?
What are you trying to sell? The three resorts in your sig tend to move more slowly.
Are you international? May be why?
A lot has to do with - what resort, the points status of the contract, size of the contract, if you have a vacation pending with a later closing date, how much you are asking. I am sure there are more reasons, but this would be a good question for your agent to help figure out. Like PP mentioned if you are trying to sell HHI or Vero -- those likely will take the longest because of the high MF.
If you want to sell your contract quickly, set the price below the market, it will probably sell in a couple of days.
I can tell you as a buyer we looked at the following:
1. all resorts that had at least 35 years left on the contract except Aulani- too far away for us.
2. All contracts that had a minimum of all 2019 points.
3. No international conteacts because we did not want to give social security numbers.
4. Obviously decent price, but that did not really matter because we put in the offer we wanted to pay anyway.
5. No restrictions on closing, for example, we passed on one contract that could not close until next spring. I am not sure why people even list that early, but anyway.
If its taking too long to sell, its priced too high for the market. The market is there, people are passing up your listing. If you are selling HHI VB or OKW you will get far less than if you are selling BWV, BCV, VGF, etc.
As others mentioned, many possibilities.
1. Priced too high
2. Not a resort many are looking to purchase
3. Not the number of points people are looking to purchase
4. Bad/not popular Use Year
In your signature you have OKW, HHI and VB. I can see it be very hard to sell VB and HHI, both have very high dues and with the 7 month window getting so hard to book not very useful if you want to stay at WDW. I would think VB would not bring much if any more than $60 and HHI i the $70 range. So if your price is above that you are just too high. Good luck.
if the price is right it will sell, obviously HHI and VB will need lower prices
Price & I wouldn’t rule out possible market softening. Interested to hear experiences from other sellers.
I have seen statistics, imbedded in another post somewhere with a link to a spreadsheet. I'd search all the posts for that type of info.
Let me know if you find it, I'd like to review it again also. Have any of the other responses, above, given you any insight??
You made me rethink my word choice, and I found this in my google search:
When to Use Imbed
What does imbed mean? Imbed is an alternative spelling of the same word.
Neither form is more correct; they are both accepted spellings.
A recently published article using imbed
Despite Google’s support of Clinton, and Trump’s tendency to hold grudges, the tech behemoth may very well succeed in its efforts to imbed itself in the new power structure. –The American Spectator
That said, since the dawn of the computer and Internet age, embed has emerged as the clearly preferred spelling.
Yes - I, like STYX, obviously have too much time on my hands.....
These are the types of examples I give my students when they insist French is a much more difficult language than English. Fox - foxes, ox-oxen, mouse-mice, house-houses etc. Impossible language Just why?!?!
I learned English before Al Gore invented the internet
I sold a ssr contract in about 3months. Got lucky with someone that had just lost a contract to rofr, and they decided to give me asking price
The time it takes to sell is based on 4 factors:
1) price per point
2) points in the contract
3) points available in use years(striped contract vs loaded contract)
4) use year
If your contract is taking long to sell, I'd suggest looking at the rofr thread in this forum and compare your contract with those that have sold recently.
Best of luck!
Trying to sell my HHI contract. It is agressively priced (I think), neither fully loaded nor completely stripped. April use year.
I wonder about the UY. It is good I think for a beach resort (Easter, Spring and Summer vacations) but perhaps suboptimal for WDW. If you go between December and March (Xmas, March break) you risk loosing your points if you have to cancel. I wonder what UYs are most in demand...
We had a bid on our OKW contract this time last year within hours of it being listed on the resellers website. I used the resellers online tool to figure out the asking price. Got almost full asking price.
We decided to sell our BRV contract last week when the huge increase in dues was released. Our contract went live last Friday afternoon and we had an almost full asking price offer Saturday morning.
Not sure if this was a fluke, but we have March use year contracts and those seem to sell quicker.
Separate names with a comma.