Sell your creative art projects

Disney8704

<font color=deeppink>I so need to do that!<br><fon
I just found this website called etsy.com. Its a place where you can sell all your creative art projects. I was under the plush section and I tell you what some of those things on there are SOOOOOOOOOOO adorable! And amazing!! You DEF. have to check out the food plush. Its amazing what people can do with fabric and felt.

This site is giving me ideas!! I just might have to get into creating my own plush stuff and sell it on this site and ebay and maybe even at my yard sales to make some extra $. It will take some practice but im sure I can learn. :)

There are quite a few DISers who already sell on etsy. It's a great alternative to eBay for those who have a unique craft to market. The food plushies are different. I didn't even know there was a market for something like that but there obviously is with the number of sellers featuring them.

I *love* etsy.

It pays for a good chunk of our vacation every year.

I love, love, love etsy! I sell lots of handmade clothing and personalized/monogrammed items on there. It's been very good to me. :)

Odd to find this thread, as I was just going to ask for people's experiences on Etsy..Good or bad. Do they have alot of traffic?? People actually buy stuff? Any cons? All input appreciated!

Well, Cons first and I can only think of one...not that many people know about etsy yet

Pros: it's much cheaper than ebay as far as listing fees, my items stay listed for months at a time versus a week with ebay, I feel like I get a fair price and make a profit for my items because ebay sometimes feels like a garage sale to me and people don't always understand the time that goes into making the custom items. No one questions my prices, they are set. I have had great customers that return again and again.

It's a great place.

I'm speaking on behalf of DH, who does 98% of the work, and who isn't even here.. just my side of it.

It's work. You don't just put it up, and people come. You need to market you goods. That can be done in various ways. His preferred method is the etsy forums. Get your stuff seen.. be helpful and friendly, ect. He spends HOURS on the forums.

But, yes, the people do come. He gets first time buyers, repeat buyers, ect. Some people (not DH) make their living off of etsy.

He first did it with the mindset.. that it only costs 20 cents to see if someone wants his product.

He's been at it for over a year. It's not enough to retire on, but it is enough to take some fun trips with.

I just sort of glanced at etsy..it is a very interesting place! Can anyone tell me..is there a way to search for sold items? In other words to get an idea of how much something I would be selling would sell for? :confused3

I just sort of glanced at etsy..it is a very interesting place! Can anyone tell me..is there a way to search for sold items? In other words to get an idea of how much something I would be selling would sell for? :confused3

no, the "sold" area doesn't state how much it sold for, to the best of my knowledge. (I did double check DH's page).

You can search for what others are selling the product for NOW. That's probably what it's sold for in the past. If you find a seller, with the product similar to yours, see if they've sold a lot (It will be in the right hand column). A seller that has 1 or 2 sales might be over pricing (or something else.. who knows). But if they've sold 100's. It's a good indication that they're doing something right, perhaps including the price.

Very cool site!! So, what's everyone selling on Etsy? I have little to no creativity, but I'm interested in what you guys are selling out there!!

I sell personalized items...mostly baby and childrens items(dresses, jonjons, burp cloths, bibs, etc...). I do a lot of monogramming on totes, purses, etc... It's a fun place and there is just sooo much creativity and talent on etsy. I love being inspired by all of other sellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter