Segway Tours

Disneybridein2k3

I am and I'm not afraid to admit
Thanks to Corey and Julie for doing a review on the Segway Tour in World Showcase! My husband and I were considering this and I think you sealed the deal... We did a city Segway Tour in Washington, DC for my husband's birthday last weekend and had a blast! It was 3 hours and cost $70/person (first hour is the instruction part). Same rules apply - no more than 250 lbs and you must be at least 16 years old. We also had a good mix of people - from a 16 year old to several grandparents. While I admit it wasn't as cool as having World Showcase to yourself, it was a lot of fun. AND they offer a tour in New Orleans - so Julie, the next time you go for a family visit you can do another Segway tour! http://www.citysegwaytours.com/

For those considering, one word to the wise -- although you aren't walking, you ARE standing the entire time in one place so wear COMFORTABLE shoes! I thought I was wearing comfortable shoes but my right foot was still numb when we were done!

~Stacy

Another rule that wasn't mentioned in the podcast was that pregnant women are not allowed.

The reasons are obvious, but I thought it warranted a mention.

My husband and I love segway's and did this tour last year. We LOVED IT. We have already booked it again for our December trip and hope that they extend the experimental Fort Wilderness seqway experience. I have been looking every day to see if they list that as a new tour.

For those who have not riden a segway and are a bit nervous, I trip on air usually and did fine on this.

Our tour director had so many interesting comments about the different areas in Epcot and you receive an exclusive segway pin!!!:woohoo:

Thanks to Julie and Cory for reviewing this as well.

My sister & I did the early Segway tour at EPCOT last November and had a blast. Wish it was longer!!! To have all of EPCOT to ourselves was amazing!! We did not run in to any other visitors until we were heading back over the bridge from WS to FW.

This is a must for me now on future trips!! Wish they had one at the other parks. To do a Segway tour at the Magic Kingdom would be great!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :yay:

hope that they extend the experimental Fort Wilderness seqway experience. I have been looking every day to see if they list that as a new tour.

I did this one in July and loved it :cloud9:

I'm planning either the Epcot tour in Dec or the KTTK in MK :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter