Seen That Show?

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Yacht Club Guy, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Yacht Club Guy

Yacht Club Guy Having A Disney Day!

Have you seen that show where they survey Americans about Canada, with horribly stupid q's like- 'In Canada, what is the proper state's name: Althalpha, or Palthatpha?' One kid on the show killed me giggleing-his parents were stumped, and he said 'Hey, Canada has Provinces, Not States!' One person even thought the Prime Minister's Name Was 'Ciline Dion'... What a Show! :Pinkbounc

2. flyingenie

flyingenie Mouseketeer

yep, it was Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans". Rick Mercer is the guy on This Hour has 22 minutes. I think "Talking to Americans" was just a TV special and isn't a weekly thing. Other funny things I remember from that show were Canada making the stapler legal, a polar bear hunt in Toronto, congratulations on the Peter Mans Bridge, and global warming melting some national igloo...

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Mortlives

Mortlives DIS Veteran

I missed the Peter Mans Bridge. That's brilliant!

:rotfl:

Kungaloosh!
    Morticia.

5. Amberle3

Amberle3 <font color=CC0066>Likes to absorb the park<br><fo

Was it that show or 22minutes that had them asking then presidential candidate Bush about remarks from Canadian Prime Minister Jean Poutine?

6. Mortlives

Mortlives DIS Veteran

I think "Talking To Americans" started off as a 22 Minutes sketch that took off.

Kungaloosh!
    Morticia.

7. DisneySpence

DisneySpence Mouseketeer

I miss seeing that portion of the show it was always great for a laugh.

8. Sandy22

Sandy22 <font color=magenta>Adopting a Princess<br><font c

It was the special "Talking to Americans" that had the bit about Jean Poutine! It was hilarious - it's just unbelievable what some Americans think of us. I also like Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" proving some Americans can be just as ignorant about their own history and country as they are about ours.