Seeking camera (for kids) recommendation

SAHDad

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,
DW and I have a couple of cameras that we use (an Olympus SLR and a much more portable, decent enough Canon), but we are looking for something that we can trust the kids with. We want something that takes decent pics (we don't plan on printing them bigger than 4x6, so 8-12 mp should be enough), but it really needs to be waterproof and shockproof.

Any recommendations for the $100-$150 range? We considered the Fisher-Price Kid-Tough digital (which is below what we are prepared to pay), but the son is old enough that we can trust him with something a bit nicer. And we were a little concerned about picture quality. Anyone have any experience with these?

Waterproof and Shock proof are very hard to come by. We got my DD one of the Insignia 10MP cameras from Best Buy a few years ago (she was 7 then) and it is still going strong and she loves it. It also takes great pictures and has some fun built in features. They are still around $50-60 and I think are up to 12MP now. Just add a good case for it to help keep it safe.

Olympus makes the Tough cameras which are water and shock resistant. We bought an older model for our daughter a couple of years ago and it's been nice not to have to worry about her breaking it every time she picks it up. The image quality is also pretty decent. And best of all, for her, it's hot pink!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter