Seeing Lots Of Love For The Boathouse - What Have You Had There That Has Been Great?!

DeniseJH

DIS Veteran
We're going there the first night of our upcoming trip and would like to know your thoughts.

The tuna poke and filet sliders are my favorites. But have never had a “bad” meal there. One of my favorite spots and a must do every trip. Weather permitting, we like sitting outside.

We enjoyed our dinner . We had the lobster bisque & our entrees were Coconut Shrimp and Shrimp & Andouille Mac n Cheese. We were not on the Dinning plan. Based on the prices of our entrees using 2 credits would have been a waste. They do have entrees whose prices were in the 2 credit range .

The porterhouse steak for two.
Fried calamari with hoison sauce (you might want to ask that the sauce be put on the side)
NY strip steak and fries
Anything from the raw bar
Lobster cocktail
NY strip steak enhancement added to the salad of your choice
The burgers were well loved by the man's brother and other members of his party. We haven't eaten one ourselves.
We've shared almost every salad on the menu; all good.
Fish tacos.
Tuna ahi.

All the above was greatly loved.
The BBQ chicken was not and the dessert we had were nothing really special so we've taken to having ice cream or a cupcake at any of the DS shops like Sprinkles, Ghiradelli's, or the Gelato place.

ETA: I found the much loved by many reviewers firecracker shrimp too "one note" spicy for my taste. It was pretty much unrelenting and as the man's tummy is not made for heat he ignored it. I only ate about a quarter of the heaping serving. Don't know if the kitchen coated it w/ more than usual sauce but it was definitely a one and done for me.

Last edited:
The porterhouse steak for two.
Fried calamari with hoison sauce (you might want to ask that the sauce be put on the side)
NY strip steak and fries
Anything from the raw bar
Lobster cocktail
NY strip steak enhancement added to the salad of your choice
The burgers were well loved by the man's brother and other members of his party. We haven't eaten one ourselves.
We've shared almost every salad on the menu; all good.
Fish tacos.
Tuna ahi.

All the above was greatly loved.
The BBQ chicken was not and the dessert we had were nothing really specially so we've taken to having ice cream or a cupcake at any of the DS shops like Sprinkles, Ghiradelli's, or the Gelato place.

Thanks!
My husband is the calamari eater - was the hoisin too sweet?
We will DEFINITELY be having some oysters! Maybe other raw bar stuff as well.
Yes, with Ghirardelli right "up the street" we'll not be eating dessert here! :)

Lobster roll is really yummy and sitting outside is the icing on the cake

Thanks!!
I love a good lobster roll! This might be what I get, in addition to stuff from the raw bar.
We are hoping to be able to sit outside, but it will be January so I know it's doubtful.

We enjoyed our dinner . We had the lobster bisque & our entrees were Coconut Shrimp and Shrimp & Andouille Mac n Cheese. We were not on the Dinning plan. Based on the prices of our entrees using 2 credits would have been a waste. They do have entrees whose prices were in the 2 credit range .

Thank you!
I love fried shrimp, but are coconut shrimp vastly different? I see they come with an orange sauce, but would they be good with cocktail sauce?

Lump crab & avocado
Filet sliders
Fries + their lemon aioli (I’m really not a French fry person but these were great)
Clam strips

Thanks!
My husband is the calamari eater - was the hoisin too sweet?
We will DEFINITELY be having some oysters! Maybe other raw bar stuff as well.
Yes, with Ghirardelli right "up the street" we'll not be eating dessert here! :)

The fried calamari was perfectly cooked and quite tender so no problem on that score for us. The sauce had just the right amount of spice and was not too sweet but it did have a distinctive cornstarch aftertaste to it. We've taken to dousing the calamari with lemon and happily munching.

We're going there the first night of our upcoming trip and would like to know your thoughts.
We have not 'loved' our meals at Boathouse....certainly for the price (since we cannot apply any discounts we receive elsewhere at comparable Disney establishments).

But the selection of oysters at Boathouse were excellent (and I live on the ocean in New England).

We shared the
Hoison Chili Calamari
Steamed Virginia Middleneck Clams
Steamed Mussels in Cioppino Broth
Baked Lobster Macaroni & Cheese

It was all delicious.

I really enjoyed the shrimp and Andouille sausage cheddar cheese grits, but they appear to have gotten rid of them.

I had the NY Strip and a side of truffle fries once, the steak was good, but the truffle fries were GREAT. Another visit I had the shrimp & Grits which was also very good. Calamari appetizer was fine, but not blow you away amazing. The seafood buckets (I think that's what they are called, its like fried seafood and fries and such) were a little skimpy on portions.
It is a fun restaurant, but is also huge with a pretty wide variety of seating, so depending on where you are it can be quiet and low key, or extremely loud. If you are looking for something on the quieter side, I would mention it at the podium.

Thank you!
I love fried shrimp, but are coconut shrimp vastly different? I see they come with an orange sauce, but would they be good with cocktail sauce?
Coconut shrimp are sweeter. Everyplace I have had it at paired it with some sort of citrus/ tropical flavored sauce. Never tried it with cocktail not sure it would go together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter