See if my logic checks out...

Mickey4me!

Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!
Last year during our Nov disney trip we purchased the dining plan, but due to the sudden death of my mother, our trip ended on day 2 and we really didn't get to experience the plan. In deciding whether we should purchase it this year, I first made all the ADRs that we wanted - LTT, CA Grill, BOMA breakfast and Ohana's. My daughter's boyfriend is traveling with us and is new to WDW so we wanted him to experience some of our favs. So, here's my logic

- cost of the DDP for 4 adults for 6 nights = $935.76
- cost of meals that we have ADRs for = $574.42 (inc. tax and tips)
- difference = $361.42

If you divide 361.42 by 4 that's 90.35 and if you divide 90.35 by 6days you've got $15/day per person. So the question is - will four adults each spend more or less than $15 a day on breakfast/lunch and a snack each day and dinner for 3 of the six nights (the other 3 are in the ADR total)?

Even though we're staying in a 2 bedroom villa, my thoughts are that we will spend slightly more than that so, DDP would be a good deal.

Does that make sense to everyone or am I missing something?

Did you factor in the counter service you get to use also? That would cover breakfast or lunch each day. Also, a lot of people share a counter service meal since it's a lot of food. If you guys could do it you could use 2 CS for breakfast and 2 CS for lunch and still have all your TS for dinner plus a snack to use.

First sorry to hear about your Mom, my Mom died recently as well. I really miss her!

Now to try and answer your question. You would def. spend at least the 15 a day for each person on lunch/breakfast and a snack. You also mention that you would also have to plan 3 more meals. I think the dining plan is a great option for you.

I also looked at your totals and 542 seems low for 6 dinners TS. I know we have a big family but our table service is usually at least 200 a night.

Happy Planning! I would go with the DDP! :)

I also looked at your totals and 542 seems low for 6 dinners TS. I know we have a big family but our table service is usually at least 200 a night.
Happy Planning! I would go with the DDP! :)

Actually the $542 was only for 4 ADRs I made so I definitely think we'll spend at least another $350+ on lunches, snacks and a couple more dinners. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something. Thanks for your help!

you also overlooked the tax and tips! if you are eaters (not only big eaters) then the plan will work out. you'll get to try so many things and not skimp on your choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter