Sedesma Pins? Can they be traded

karters*mom

Vacation_Junkie ☼
I just received about 20 pins I purchased off of Ebay.
They were advertised as Trading pins...I got them and looked on the back and they say Sedesma pins.
I have read some comments online about these and not being able to trade them...can we or can't we???:confused:

I don't want my son to be disappointed by trying and him being told no!:eek:

HELP!!! Please:worship:

Unless the pin says DISNEY on the back, it is not tradeable at Disney World.

EBay can be very risky due to things like this. Technically, they *are* trading pins, but not Disney trading pins.

If you are looking for inexpensive pins to trade, you might try http://mousepinsonline.com/.

Sorry to bear bad news.

They say disney with the little trademark symbol on the back with Sedsema underneath it. It said disney Trading pins online...??

If they say Disney on the back, then they should be tradeable.

I've done some research for you. Turns out, Sedesma (a company in Spain) does have a license to make Disney pins.

They are usually considered to be of lesser quality than the "real deal" Disney pins, and in the past, were not accepted at Disney parks.

However, it appears that the policy has changed. The Disney stamp on the back is your ticket, and they should be tradeable. Be aware that experienced traders/collectors are still liable to not consider these to be tradeable, but you should be able to trade with Cast Members, after all.

Good luck!

If they say Disney on the back, then they should be tradeable.

I've done some research for you. Turns out, Sedesma (a company in Spain) does have a license to make Disney pins.

They are usually considered to be of lesser quality than the "real deal" Disney pins, and in the past, were not accepted at Disney parks.

However, it appears that the policy has changed. The Disney stamp on the back is your ticket, and they should be tradeable. Be aware that experienced traders/collectors are still liable to not consider these to be tradeable, but you should be able to trade with Cast Members, after all.

Good luck!

Thank you! I'm not sure he will part with them anyways...lol.
They are lesser quality, He is very excited about them!

...a "good" pin is good because you like it. If he's happy, everyone is happy.

Heh, but don't be surprised if, once he makes that first trade, most/all of his current pins (save one or two favorite characters) gets traded.

My kids have traded Sedesma pins with no problems. Sometimes, they trade for a Sedesma pin and are thrilled with the trade.:confused3 For them, it's all about trading and not really about quality.

i am glad to hear these are okay for trading also,...i bought them on ebay not realizing what they were...my 4 yr old loves them so far, and she will prob keep most of them anywhoo!

Don't be surprised if your 4 year old keeps them all... and don't be surprised if the child trades away every single one. :) You never can tell what they will do!

...yes, they are all tradeable. The site is run by a couple of Disney pin trading fans. I have yet to read a single complaint about their pins.

Just some tips, sedesma pins are technically tradable but some cast members will not take them and then you have to get a manager (ie ends up being a pain). I don't want to freak you out, but I have seen it happen with newer or less informed cast members. Some traders I've met go so far as to carry the printed Disney guidelines with them for when they are trading.

Sedesma and ProPins are authorized Disney pins, but are considered poor quality pins that were made before the standards of pins changed when pin trading was widely introduced in the parks. FYI Mousepinsonline does say it includes ProPins in their grab bags. Also, If you want this to be a hobby your child (or you!) can enjoy not just at Disney, there are entire websites devoted to pin traded online. Some of my favorites are http://pinpics.com/ and http://dizpins.com/ On dizpins boards people who have been collecting for years sell great grab bags for the same amount or less as mousepins and do not include the older less desirable pins.

Trading in the parks and online is a great way for children to learn about relationships with others, and beginning to learn about consumer transactions that will help them later in life. Also, I have made great friends in Japan, Spain etc thru this hobby and I think it's wonderful to (safely under adult supervision) expose kids to this hobby outside of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!