Secretly Plotting and PTR-ing – words from a Minnie-Come-Lately 7/7 TR STARTED!!!

Thursday 6/18
AM EMH @ MK!
DH’s 38th B-Day!
Lunch ADR = CRT @ 1pm Ressie already made DDP for ONE adult, OOP for second adult
Return to WL around 3:30
R & R
Boat/Monorail to Poly
Drop off Boys @ Neverland Club
Dinner ADR = Cali Grill DDP for ONE adult, OOP for second
Pick up boys – See Wishes from Poly beach

This is the day that is causing all the problems....

Here is my issue. On the DDP, the CRT is two credits. Lunch is $37.99/24.99 for kids. This is w/o the holiday surcharge, which I am guessing is an additional $4.00 for adults, and $2.00 per child. So an additional $12.00.... I had to pay this in advance on my CC which I did, I don't remember the actual total, but I know it must have been close to $140.00.... they told me to call back and let them know I was on the dining plan so they could credit my card once the DDP was on my reservation, etc. The kids are going to the Neverland club (they get dinner included) We are going to Cali Grill -- and that is also a signature restaurant, so again 2 credits. I initally thought to pay OOP for one adult at CRT, and use DDP for the second adult and the two kids. Then pay OOP for one adult at Cali, and DDP for one adult at Cali, so we could order other things, appetizer, sushi, whatever, vs. the "entree/dessert" combo -- I was also hoping for a reason to score on a B-day dessert since it was DH's Bday dinner... :thumbsup2 Doing Cali that way seems to make sense to me. It is the CRT I am not sure about. If I pay OOP for both adults, I can plan for another ADR, maybe at AK, for instance, or WCC, which is what I was thinking, also. That would be more than the $42.00 wouldn't it? :confused3 But then I also have the kids to think about, and if I paid for them OOP, vs. DDP for CRT, then I have it covered. However, I would THEN have TWO extra TS for kids (since I have 4 kid's TS's used with CRT!) :upsidedow
I am not sure if any of this makes sense, or if it is worth worrying about at this point... I have already paid for the CRT lunch. So I would get a credit back on my card for whatever I wasn't using... Not sure it it is worth the trouble/hassle? If I used the DDP for one child, it would be a$27.00 credit, and I wouldn't have the "extra 2 TS". Then we could all go to another TS restaurant. Did I lose everyone? :headache: I guess I am trying to figure out the value of doing OOP for CRT vs. DDP the way I was planning on it, kids and 1 adult... what is the better use of my credits, basically. :confused3 DH and I do have a solo breakfast at GF cafe -- would that be a good use, and then just use Kid DDP credits for CRT and leave it at that? :scared: Just want to get this right...

Using DDP credits for your solo breakfast is not the best use of your dining credits. At best, you may equal the $42 charge, and at worst, you spend less than $42 for breakfast.

If you book another ressie, WCC for instance, or are you debating the character Tusker meal? With the two odd kid credits, maybe you could order a room service breakfast? Do it on a day when you don't have breakfast planned but want to get doing in a hurry?

Using DDP credits for your solo breakfast is not the best use of your dining credits. At best, you may equal the $42 charge, and at worst, you spend less than $42 for breakfast.

If you book another ressie, WCC for instance, or are you debating the character Tusker meal? With the two odd kid credits, maybe you could order a room service breakfast? Do it on a day when you don't have breakfast planned but want to get doing in a hurry?

Yeah, you are right, a breakfast didn't seem worth the credits, I agree... regarding the two odd kid credits, though, do you think it is a waste to use any of them on CRT? If it were breakfast I would say absolutely. Lunch isn't that much more and tip and all is included... Your idea about the room service is a good one... Maybe on our last morning there... While we pack... Thanks for that!! :thumbsup2 I am going to think on it. ::yes::

I just skimmed through your PTR so far because we will be ther at the same time! We are going down on the 13th and coming back on the 22. Your family is very cute!! You've got some great ideas for ADRs. We've got a couple but we eat alot of counter service. There are still a ton of those we haven't tried. I don't always get to post because I read on the treadmill, but I'll be around. Looking forward to more!

I just skimmed through your PTR so far because we will be ther at the same time! We are going down on the 13th and coming back on the 22. Your family is very cute!! You've got some great ideas for ADRs. We've got a couple but we eat alot of counter service. There are still a ton of those we haven't tried. I don't always get to post because I read on the treadmill, but I'll be around. Looking forward to more!

Hello! And thank you for the feedback, though these ADRs are giving me a little headache right now.. :headache: I have never thought to read th DISboard on the treadmill, you have just given me a very good self-discipline tool to get myself off my butt... curses!!!!!! :laughing: We have a treadmill, I would just be afraid that I would lose the computer! :surfweb: no wait, that image won't work if I am running on a rubber conveyer belt. I normally tempt myself with DTV... :rolleyes1 Anyhoo, thanks for coming over, and thanks for the good/bad idea, and glad you stopped by! I zipped over to yours as well... I just read your "worst meal ever" OH NO!!!! This is where we are going for my DH's B-day -- Great! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah, you are right, a breakfast didn't seem worth the credits, I agree... regarding the two odd kid credits, though, do you think it is a waste to use any of them on CRT? If it were breakfast I would say absolutely. Lunch isn't that much more and tip and all is included... Your idea about the room service is a good one... Maybe on our last morning there... While we pack... Thanks for that!! :thumbsup2 I am going to think on it. ::yes::

So, lunch will be 26.99 per child for 2 TS credits. I looked at Tutto (btw, I am seriously thinking about adding that ressie to our list! The kids menu there looks AWESOME! DS LOVES cheese sticks and they have that for an app.) and the kids meals are all $9.50 and the desserts are all $5.00. That's $14.50 plus tax, around 6.5%, so that's $15.44 for 1 credit.

In many other restaurants, I see a basic all inclusive kids meal of $7.59, after tax, $8.08. (Which really makes Tutto sound that much better for kids, eh?). That's a grand total of $23.52 for two TS credits at other restaurants. So, paying for CRT is a better deal than paying for two other restaurants.

UNLESS, you do something like a character meal for breakfast, which is $10.99 at Tusker, or $12.99 with the surcharge, or $13.84 after tax. That at Tutto is $29.27, which is a better deal than CRT.

But seriously, I would have to review your ADRs, which I can't see right now, to see if maybe it would be better for your to pay OOP for two different cheapo kids TS (LeCellier would be one actually, because they have the all inclusive $7.59 deal) and use TS credits for CRT, Tutto, and a buffet.

What a juggling act! But seriously, you would do well to check it all out.

So, lunch will be 26.99 per child for 2 TS credits. I looked at Tutto (btw, I am seriously thinking about adding that ressie to our list! The kids menu there looks AWESOME! DS LOVES cheese sticks and they have that for an app.) and the kids meals are all $9.50 and the desserts are all $5.00. That's $14.50 plus tax, around 6.5%, so that's $15.44 for 1 credit.

In many other restaurants, I see a basic all inclusive kids meal of $7.59, after tax, $8.08. (Which really makes Tutto sound that much better for kids, eh?). That's a grand total of $23.52 for two TS credits at other restaurants. So, paying for CRT is a better deal than paying for two other restaurants.

UNLESS, you do something like a character meal for breakfast, which is $10.99 at Tusker, or $12.99 with the surcharge, or $13.84 after tax. That at Tutto is $29.27, which is a better deal than CRT.

But seriously, I would have to review your ADRs, which I can't see right now, to see if maybe it would be better for your to pay OOP for two different cheapo kids TS (LeCellier would be one actually, because they have the all inclusive $7.59 deal) and use TS credits for CRT, Tutto, and a buffet.

What a juggling act! But seriously, you would do well to check it all out.

You are lovely!!! :goodvibes Thanks so much for helping me see through this a little! I am going to take a look at it the way you described it, it doesn't seem like the KIDS credits are a waste with CRT, just the adult... I was also thinking that I might go ahead pay OOP for adult CRT and get WCC for dinner, and pay OOP for the kids there... which is that $7.59 deal.. But now your point about Tutto and a Character Buffet is interesting, too. Yes, I liked the Tutto menu for kids for sure...
Gads! So many decisions! Regardless, you really helped me think it through ;) It is just 11pm here... Must go to bed!!! :lmao:

Wait till you see my dorky binder. I am so pleased with my crafty self! (and I mean that as in ARTS and CRAFTS -- I am only the other kind of crafty when it comes to getting the most $$ for my DDP credits! :rotfl: )

Looking forward to more posts on your PTR!!

:wave2:

OK. So from a child's perspective:

Tutto is the MOST expensive child menu. Definitely a good use of a credit for a kid.

A buffet is the next most expensive meal, especially with the holiday pricing, you know, for that HOLIDAY that occurs in the middle of June:sad2:. So, Chef Mickey's, Ohana's, and, if you did it, Tusker House, are definitely a good use of child credits.

Chef would be next on the list.

WCC and LeCellier would somewhat tie and be next if you thought your kids would order the one item on the menu that adds the $2 charge to the standard $7.59 all inclusive. Otherwise, these would be the same cost as The Wave.

The Wave is the cheapest with the $7.59 all inclusive.

CRT is a good deal for 2TS for a kid, the equivalent of two buffets, slightly more than two Chefs, but less then two Tuttos. Make sense?

I guess I would conclude that if you decided to add WCC or Tusker, that you should pay OOP for the Wave for the kids.

You are lovely!!! :goodvibes Thanks so much for helping me see through this a little!......Regardless, you really helped me think it through ;) It is just 11pm here... Must go to bed!!! :lmao:

Wait till you see my dorky binder. I am so pleased with my crafty self! (and I mean that as in ARTS and CRAFTS -- I am only the other kind of crafty when it comes to getting the most $$ for my DDP credits! :rotfl: )

Looking forward to more posts on your PTR!!

:wave2:

You are so sweet!:hug:

I should be going to bed. But daylight savings, UGH!, it messes with me. I'm NOT tired. I know I will be tomorrow, but that doesn't help me sleep tonight!:confused3

I'm excited to see your binder. I don't think it's dorky. I saw those binders on the clearance racks at Target.:laughing: I don't think that I would carry that into the parks. I don't carry a bag that big.

I have been neglecting my PTR.:rolleyes1 I feel like I am just biding my time until I can make my ADRs. I thought I had it all figured out and then you made me look at the Tutto menu! I think Bolt would like to eat the food there.::yes:: Hmmm.

You are so sweet!:hug:

I should be going to bed. But daylight savings, UGH!, it messes with me. I'm NOT tired. I know I will be tomorrow, but that doesn't help me sleep tonight!:confused3

I'm excited to see your binder. I don't think it's dorky. I saw those binders on the clearance racks at Target.:laughing: I don't think that I would carry that into the parks. I don't carry a bag that big.

I have been neglecting my PTR.:rolleyes1 I feel like I am just biding my time until I can make my ADRs. I thought I had it all figured out and then you made me look at the Tutto menu! I think Bolt would like to eat the food there.::yes:: Hmmm.

BOY do I hear you on the Daylight Savings :hyper: messes me up too...

OKAY, well I made updates to my tentative plan, I did. Back on my original post, #30 I think, titled "ADR's and When are we going to go back to the Cotton Ball?" (which is how DS3 describes Space Ship Earth at Epcot :laughing:)
I went ahead and did OOP on the CRT, and picked WCC for another TS, and then selected Yak & Yeti for lunch sit down, with the kids, instead of a QS lunch on the second AK day... we will just get an appetizer and a round of drinks. This will get us out of the sun, give the kids lunch, and while it is an OOP for us, it won't be much. The Tuskerhouse Breakfast was a thought as well, but we are not big breakfast eaters... at least that is where I am right now... might reconsider, but I think that works for us given that I was dealing with those two extra Child TS credits... We are still paying OOP for stuff, I was expecting that, but not nearly enough to justify deluxe... if only b/c I know we would spend that much for these other items, drinks, pirate cruise, etc. Not necessarily food.... and we have a few extra QS meals I can use here and there at the park or resort as snack meals, whenever we choose... Definitely around Epcot... I checked out how much the TS meals were running with the DDP, and without, and I was already calculating close to $500.00 which is just shy of the cost for the Adults on the plan as it is, so even with the extra OOP items, we still are getting our $ worth out of the plan. I had a few other thoughts, and I might mull those over more before I am sure, but I still have a few days to think about it... The other idea has to do with the Brown Derby.. :laughing: But I won't bore you with the details!! NOW I just have to hope we get the ADRs!!!! :upsidedow

My DH thought that Tutto's looked "okay" for us... he thinks we'll get the other ADRs we want... I am not so sure, so if we don't, Tutto's is backup. But I am still impressed with the new kids' menu.. I wonder if they will be updating their current adult menu as well...

Oh, right there with you about posts to PTR... I am working on my binder thingy to keep me distracted! :rolleyes1

Forgive me for skimming - but I wanted to chime in and say just about everywhere I've read, they seem pretty up front about CRT not being a good use of your credits if you are on the DDP. I don't know if you are on the DxDP if that makes more sense or what - but I've just always heard it was better to pay OOP.

We're skipping it this trip since DD is just turning 2. I have some friends that said they really enjoyed the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Epcot - and it is only one credit.

From our last trip, hands down I was so happy with WCC kids meals. You know, I liked the DDP, but I was really, really not pleased with the kids selections. It was just like - okay, how many pizzas and chicken nuggets can he eat???? But their choices were so nice. I really liked that.

Again, I've been skimming - I'm not sure what your ADRs are at this point... I promise to get there soon. :flower3:

PS - doing the one adult TS is pretty stinking smart there missy! I like that idea. However, I thought you menioned appetizer. Are you doing the DxDP? That threw me a bit.

I went ahead and did OOP on the CRT, and picked WCC for another TS, and then selected Yak & Yeti for lunch sit down, with the kids, instead of a QS lunch on the second AK day... we will just get an appetizer and a round of drinks. This will get us out of the sun, give the kids lunch, and while it is an OOP for us, it won't be much. The Tuskerhouse Breakfast was a thought as well, but we are not big breakfast eaters... at least that is where I am right now... might reconsider, but I think that works for us given that I was dealing with those two extra Child TS credits...

The other idea has to do with the Brown Derby.. :laughing: But I won't bore you with the details!! NOW I just have to hope we get the ADRs!!!! :upsidedow

My DH thought that Tutto's looked "okay" for us... he thinks we'll get the other ADRs we want... I am not so sure, so if we don't, Tutto's is backup. But I am still impressed with the new kids' menu.. I wonder if they will be updating their current adult menu as well...

Oh, right there with you about posts to PTR... I am working on my binder thingy to keep me distracted! :rolleyes1

The Yak & Yeti idea is a good one! I've seen pics of the lettuce wrap appie and it easily looks like something that would be good for a light lunch. Getting a nice break from the sun and into some a/c will be worth it at AK!

My DH wasn't interested at ALL in Tutto's. On one of our trips, DH and DS ended up using the bathroom there and so they walked through the restaurant, and DH was NOT impressed. I don't know if they totally changed the decor with the new name and all, but when I had mentioned the Italy TS, DH was like :scared:. I haven't even brought up the idea... I was debating just making a ressie there for our one wing it lunch day, but I know that DH and I both are thinking about the yummy swarmee platter at Tangeriene...

I'm just reading all over to keep me distracted...I really need to get painting in the powder room. I'm just not too motivated. But I should be. My parents are coming the first week of April!:rolleyes:

Hiya! :goodvibes

I have read your plans and they look great. Congrats! on heading back for Christmas. We have never been for Christmas but plan to go 2010! ;)

Anyhoo, your family is so cute and all those June birthdays! What a great Bday present, a trip to the World!

Looking forward to reading more :woohoo:

Whew! Your ADRs are making me tired!! LOL! I'm glad you have it pretty much worked out!

I LOVE your binder! I don't take mine into the parks with me, but that looks like the perfect size. Nice Find!:thumbsup2

Forgive me for skimming - but I wanted to chime in and say just about everywhere I've read, they seem pretty up front about CRT not being a good use of your credits if you are on the DDP. I don't know if you are on the DxDP if that makes more sense or what - but I've just always heard it was better to pay OOP.

We're skipping it this trip since DD is just turning 2. I have some friends that said they really enjoyed the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Epcot - and it is only one credit.

From our last trip, hands down I was so happy with WCC kids meals. You know, I liked the DDP, but I was really, really not pleased with the kids selections. It was just like - okay, how many pizzas and chicken nuggets can he eat???? But their choices were so nice. I really liked that.

Again, I've been skimming - I'm not sure what your ADRs are at this point... I promise to get there soon. :flower3:

PS - doing the one adult TS is pretty stinking smart there missy! I like that idea. However, I thought you menioned appetizer. Are you doing the DxDP? That threw me a bit.

Hi! Well, you know Rabbit actually made it make sense, using DDP at CRT for the KIDS, b/c it is an expensive meal even if you take the total and divide it in 1/2 -- still more than average dinner cost for kids meal, and it isn't just chicken nuggets, like you say... AND I agree on your comments -- it is a little frustrating, the kids menus are not always healthy and variety is important -- even to a 6 year old! :sad2: SO, using DDP for the kids might be the way to go after all... However, it isn't for adults. 2 TS credits? No way. We are only going to CRT b/c I am trying to think of the most Disney-ish experience for my DH's B-day that I can come up with... I am doing it for effect, honestly -- but I also do know the boys will love going, :goodvibes and they will get swords, so I know it will be fun for them. My DH doesn't know... so while the trip is a surprise to the boys, CRT is a surprise for DH... We will all have fun. :upsidedow

I think WCC is a good choice, because it is at our resort, and will get us in the mood for the camp fire at FW. RE the one adult on the TS for Cali Grill, it is because we want to be able to order other items on the menu, not just an entree and dessert, and this is the one time I am hoping for a "free" dessert since it is DH's B-day :rolleyes: ...It isn't necessarily "cost effective" this way, still paying OOP, but for this meal in particular, it is as close to "date night" as we are going to get on this trip, so we are going to make the most of it. ;) So no we are not doing the deluxe, but for this ADR we will be branching out and ordering outside the plan, hence appetizers! :thumbsup2
More in a little while...

Hiya! :goodvibes

I have read your plans and they look great. Congrats! on heading back for Christmas. We have never been for Christmas but plan to go 2010! ;)

Anyhoo, your family is so cute and all those June birthdays! What a great Bday present, a trip to the World!

Looking forward to reading more :woohoo:

HI! Welcome! :flower3:
Thanks for stopping by! RE Christmas, yes! Very much a surprise, but very much looking forward to it, too! For different reasons, obviously, really happy about June... Birthdays are all in June, it is comical. The 19th of March is by big ADR countdown day! I still have a week! I am going to burst!!! I cant stand the wait!! :hyper:

The Yak & Yeti idea is a good one! I've seen pics of the lettuce wrap appie and it easily looks like something that would be good for a light lunch. Getting a nice break from the sun and into some a/c will be worth it at AK!

My DH wasn't interested at ALL in Tutto's. On one of our trips, DH and DS ended up using the bathroom there and so they walked through the restaurant, and DH was NOT impressed. I don't know if they totally changed the decor with the new name and all, but when I had mentioned the Italy TS, DH was like :scared:. I haven't even brought up the idea... I was debating just making a ressie there for our one wing it lunch day, but I know that DH and I both are thinking about the yummy swarmee platter at Tangeriene...

I'm just reading all over to keep me distracted...I really need to get painting in the powder room. I'm just not too motivated. But I should be. My parents are coming the first week of April!:rolleyes:

Ah yes, all those things we are supposed to be doing instead of :surfweb: Ha! I get that!

Re the ADR for Tutto, vs. the Shwarma platter, yeah, YUM on that -- definitely one of our favorites too... Not sure we will even include Tutto's either after all that.... Yak and Yeti might be a "just in case ADR" ... I still have to think about it.

Whew! Your ADRs are making me tired!! LOL! I'm glad you have it pretty much worked out!

I LOVE your binder! I don't take mine into the parks with me, but that looks like the perfect size. Nice Find!:thumbsup2

Uh.. making YOU tired!?!?! :laughing: If I could have made this call a week ago I would have been over it... I still have too much time on my hands since I can't DO anything yet!! I do have it mostly worked out... final edits in the next few days I think... RE Binder, Thanks! Wait till you see what I did to it! :thumbsup2

Subscribing. I love seeing what others are doing for their June trips!! :) YAY
Hi! :welcome: -- Me too!! I enjoy seeing what others come up with, their ideas, their special trips, etc... Are you headed to WDW in June?

Well I am going to distract myself from looming ADR doom with some talk about my 6 year old son and my one photo from this past Nov. If you read earlier you know that right after I returned home on my Nov 08 trip, I inadvertently cleared my camera card... :sad1: :headache: It was a drag, but I do have one photo to share -- Here is DS6 holding "the world" in his hands! It may be a bit blurry.. I also have photos that He took on this trip, with a disposable camera. I will share a few of these in a later post, because there are a couple funny ones... not light fixtures but definitely other "artifacts"! :laughing: So here he is....

Disney006-1.jpg

This is the sole photo from our trip (along with his random pickies)... DS 3 was passed out in the stroller when we had this taken. I like it because it really does look like he has what DS3 calls "the big cotton ball" in his grasp...

Moving on to a few other items, including what to do with the birthday surprise. If you have read earlier you know we have three June birthdays. Only DH's will officially fall on our vacation, but DS6 will turn 7 just a few days beforehand. Consequently, I am holding off on telling the boys about the trip until DS6's birthday. So I am simultaneously excited and frustrated! I want to tell them all about the fun we have planned but I can't! :headache: I am of course so excited to see his reaction, but doing this all on the sly has been funny.. :upsidedow It isn't like DH and I have not mentioned Disney in passing or in "code" :rotfl: he probably knows and isn't saying anything!! :lmao: We'll we will have to wait until June, so thank goodness I can get my fill chatting on Disboard!:surfweb:

So with the surprise, I have decided to "fill" these WALL.E bags I bought on uber clearance at the Disney store with various disney gifts... Here is a shot of the bag and the gibbitz I bought (they are in the corner) 2 Bags and these were $9.00 total ... I was very pleased with this purchase b/c they are big WALL.E fans...

Disney004-1.jpg

I plan to get the boys a new pair of Crocs for the trip and put these WALL.E gibbitz in them...

I also bought a bunch of stickers and a little photo book and two new disposable cameras and some Disney puzzles and books for each of them. I will share those in a new post.

As far as how they will find out, I was thinking I would craft a poem or create a scavenger hunt in the house.... I found a neat Disney balloon, it is Mickey in a car, a big mylar one, so I might order that and tape a "ticket" to it so when he discovers it he gets the invitation surprise for his B-day... this plan hasn't all come together yet, like my cursed ADR's!!!, but I think I am starting to put it all together. So let me share a few more photos with you and call it a night.... :rolleyes:

Okay, so I bought this silly binder at Target (I love Target...who doesn't love Target?!) and decided to turn it into my travel journal/notebook. Here is the "before" picture again...

Disney003-1.jpg

And here is the "after" or the beginning of the "after" This is a work in progress!!! :laughing:
Disney011.jpg

Just the cover is done. I used a template I made and 3-D paint.. I will probably do more on the inside as well... So the inside is this...
Disney014.jpg

and this...
Disney013.jpg

and this. It came with divider pockets and so I took the back pages out of my UG and laminated them. They fit right into the pockets... I also added a few printed pages to the pockets (there is one per park). Then I reduced my spreadsheet and daily outline/plan to fit the binder (6 x 9) and I will be cutting these out and adding holes... It came with paper and such, so we'll see if I actually use these...
Disney012.jpg

This final picture helps you get a sense for its actual size
Disney016.jpg

Well that is all for now... I did order a few fun things that should come shortly, I will share these when I get them!

Don't dread your ADRs! Just remember that mine came together pretty painlessly! :hug:

I don't know how you are managing to keep it all a secret -- I would be absolutely bursting at this point! ;)

I love the Wall-E bags -- those are too cute! Your binder is coming together nicely -- I like the smaller size on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter